SER is a real BEAST of a program! It can do so much that, in reality, @Sven
probably doesn't even remember everything it does. (lol!) I always have a little bit of a soft spot in my heart for people that are just starting to use it. Especially for those that may just be starting with internet marketing completely!
It is hard enough to figure IM or SER out by themselves when you know what you are doing, but sometimes you don't even know enough to know what questions to ask.
Because of this, I thought I would try to "give back" a little to the SER community. During my "journey" of learning SER, I have been compiling a list of notes, threads, links, etc. that have been helpful for me. So, I thought they might be helpful for others as well. Often, when people ask questions in this forum, they are told..."that has already been answered, just do a search on the forum, and find it yourself". Sometimes that is an appropriate answer. Sometimes it may not be. Also, with the forum getting so large any more, it can take forever to weed through everything to find what you need.
What I am doing here in no way supercedes of replaces other threads that have already been set up for your benefit. There are threads at the top of the forum for FAQs, training videos, etc. that everyone should spend the time to go through. They contain much of the info you need (some of it you need and you don't even know you need it! - until you read these threads).
My intention in this thread is just to provide a list of common "types" of questions/problems and list resources that I have compiled that help with these. My thanks goes out to all those who have provided the answers/resources that I have included here. They have helped me immensely!*DISCLAIMER* - Use this info at your own discretion. I do not guarantee the accuracy of it (although I hope it is). Some of it may be out of date and, as SER developes further, surely more of it will become out of date (and inaccurate).So here we go...- How should I get started with SER?
Do not just "jump in" and start using it. Your time, at first, would be much better spent learning (at least on a basic level) how to get it set up properly.,.even if this takes you a week or two. Start with a good foundation and you will end up with a better building. Study the info listed here, in the FAQs, and shown in the videos.
- Good Training Videos from various people
(Many of these are included in the "Announcement" threads at the begining of the forum
- Scraping Relevant URLs & using them in a specific project
- Global Site Lists
- Good YT Channel with several videos (this is @Santos) http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4xcRhth5i2MUS1vFHPxQkg
- FatSteve channel http://www.youtube.com/user/blogserieshelp
- Pick out the videos on GSA SER - Can I use ONLY SER to get results for my sites? https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/comment/21970#Comment_21970 - Setting up campaigns (projects) properly https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/879/guide-high-quality-campaign https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/878/high-quality-campaign-discussion-thread- Threads related to building TIERED Links https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/879/guide-high-quality-campaign
- The thread that started all the discussions about "tiers"
- Great diagram by @Ozz https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/2930/ser-tiers/p1
- Great diagram by @ron https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/1475/what-type-of-backlinks-are-recommended-towards-tier-1 https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/1917/manual-vs-ser-tier-1s https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/comment/22105#Comment_22105
- Short comment by @ron
about numbers of links to build, etc. https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/comment/18225#Comment_18225
- Good info from @eLeSlash
with links to some resources https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/comment/22131#Comment_22131
comment - limit number of lower tier links & link to every url (Per URL option) - How to set up email accounts https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/3056/sell-email-account-creator
- New program just developed/released...by far the best & easiest method - What types of "maintenance" to perform on a regular basis https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/comment/17160#Comment_17160
- Recommendations from @LeeG https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/comment/17167#Comment_17167
- Recommendations from @ron
- Remember to check periodically if any email accounts are getting blacklisted and replace them. - What are the MOST IMPORTANT things to consider for improving performance of SER
1.) You MUST USE private or semi-private proxies!!!
- Where to get proxies from https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/3035/buyproxies-org-proxy-hub-com-proxy51-com-squidproxies-my-proxy-reviews-for-you
- Recommended settings for proxies (thanks @Ozz
- Regularly check your proxies (YES...even though they are private/semi-private)
- Best stand-alone proxy checker...download link... http://www.project2025.com/Charon.zip
- You don't have to install it, just unzip the folder and get to work.
- By default, it comes set to use "Internal Judge" and I found some recommendations on-line to use this setting. But I could not get it to work. Under "Connect Options", I set this to "External". Then under "Judge Options", click on "Test Judges". Delete all the bad ones. Right click on the best one remaining and click "Copy judge(s) to clipboard". If there are no good ones left, search Google for "proxy judges" and copy list from there into Charon and retest.
2.) Provide more keywords for your projects.
3.) Limit posting to platforms that are getting results.
Here is how to check...
Options > Advanced > Tools and then the stats there. Then compare the number Submitted vs the number Verified (or number Identified vs number Submitted)
4.) Don't expect to be able to create huge numbers of links when you only have a few projects.
5.) Run SER on a PC that can handle it, and that has a good internet connection. This DOES NOT have to be a VPS. - Threads related to SER performance. https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/2611/my-gsa-ser-config-full-monty-warning-low-lpm https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/3175/how-to-boost-lpm https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/2682/getting-closer-tuning-ser-and-a-few-things-i-do https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/2509/im-getting-the-worst-lpm-ever https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/comment/10232#Comment_10232 https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/1511/proxies-html-timeout-threads-max-efficiency https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/1630/links-per-minute/ - Info about scraping and importing url lists into SER https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/838/independent-tool-for-importing-and-sorting-urls https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/554/import-target-urls-import-keywords
- Note from @Sven
When scraping & importing files into SER....you should delete duplicate domains for all engines except blogs/image comments. - Bad Word Filter List http://www.mediafire.com/?7bl5bh3cqzuakdr - Searching for things on the forum.
Using the "Search" function on the forum itself, it is often very difficult to find what you are looking for. It is usually much more beneficial to do your search in Google. You will get more "targeted" results than you do from searching in the forum.
To search in Google use this...
site:forum.gsa-online.de "enter your search term here"
(The quotes are not necessary, but may help if you know "exactly" what you are searching for. Otherwise put in your search term without the quotes.) - How do I get SER, SEO Indexer, or Captcha Breaker?
(Maybe I should have listed these first.)
GSA SER sales thread...http://www.blackhatworld.com/blackhat-seo/buy-sell-trade/447629-gsa-search-engine-ranker-extremely-powerful-linkbuilding-software-free-5-day-trial.html
GSA SEO Indexer...(I think the only place to get it is from their site.)http://seo-indexer.gsa-online.de/
GSA Captcha Breaker...http://trafficplanet.com/topic/5463-gsa-captcha-breaker-save-huge-money-on-captchas-5-day-free-trial/
There is, no doubt, much more that could go in here, but this should provide a good start for most people. Hopefully others will chip in with additional beneficial items as well.