Skip to content

GSA SER and money site

edited April 2013 in Need Help
Hey guys, what's up?

I just saw the power of SER and I'm really impressed by this tool.

Now the question is that I have a money site that I didn't touched with links for a while ago. What do you recommend to start blasting this site?

How many links per day? What types of links do you recommend for a white hat website?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Comments

• I would treat it like a new website. Start just building a few links per day (20 or so) for a week or two and then gradually increase the number.

You should also start "tiered" link building. There are a couple good threads on the forum (you will have to search) that outline how to best do this in SER (hint - some of them have some good diagrams from LeeG & Ron...if I remember correctly). They explain which platforms to use for Tier1/Tier2/etc & why. Good info!

Good luck!
  • Thanks for replying man. Really appreciated.

When do you start "tiered" link building? After how much time? 1 month - 2 months?

Also do you do deep-linking?
  • You can start the lower tiers after a few days (it probably really does not hurt to start them right away...in my opinion...for what it's worth). You are just adding strength to the tier1 links. I don't see how that can do harm.

You should do some deep linking as well. It looks unnatural to have all your links going to the home page. Several of my sites are set up to rank the main keyword on the home page, and then lower level related keywords on internal pages. So, I run separate SER projects building links to all of them.
  • Exactly, what I was thinking! Separate projects for each page of the website...
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited April 2013

David summed it up nicely. I think I'm going to just read his responses today - he's on his 'A' game :)

I like to think of it as 'sneaking' up on Google as opposed to getting in Google's face.

I might start with 10 per day on a new site - or a site without links. I have also started with 20. It is based on gut feel with that niche and the level of competitiveness.

Then later that week, maybe start a T1A as I call it here: https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/2930/ser-tiers/p1

Then the following week drop in a T2. Then later that week or the following week drop in a T2A. And on and on...

Keep in mind that you not only have the ability to add tiers to amplify link velocity as you go, but you have the ability to increase the amount of links on each tier as you go. So you have multiple ways to attack.

Given a choice, I like to start low with link volume, because then it gives me so much more room to turn on the different faucets as I move forward.

If you blow your 'link juice wad' right at the start, you will have an extremely difficult time advancing the website in the rankings - and making it stick.

For a visual of what it looks like to build too many links too quickly, and what happens if you get off on the wrong foot, check out this very famous 2 minute comedy scene of Lucy In the Chocolate Factory:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NPzLBSBzPI

If I am trying to rank inner pages - which I usually do because that is how to conceive a moneymaking website - then you must have separate projects. If the inner pages are just filler crap, then I lump them together in one project.

• @ron - Thanks for your input man. Really appreciated!

What I want to ask you is that SER keeps building links for each one as the number of verified links grows?

For example on:
    - first week I have 100 links in T1
    - second week I build T1A to that 100
    - also on the second week I get another 100 of T1

So now SER will know that are 200 links in T1 and will "feed" those links to T1A?
  • ronron SERLists.com

Yes, but make sure in the lower tier projects like T1A, T2, etc., that you specify under project options:

'Pause the project after X submissions reached in a day, PER URL.'

That way you will be building X number of links to EVERY url in that tier above.

• How many links do you recommend PER URL starting with T1A?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    10X
  • And on T2 to T1?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    Same.
  • edited April 2013
    Pure gold advice. Thanks Ron!

Also do you exceed 1K in T1?
  • :) thx god some ppl here help each other ;) the whole gsa forum is full of great seo advices and how to use them best with SER
  • edited April 2013
    Yes... some great content in this thread.

ron and DavidA2 - you guys are awesome!

• @kinglouie & @ron...you guys are too kind...I'm just trying to help some.

@ron...Thanks for the tip on pausing lower tiers after X number of links per URL. Makes good sense, but hadn't thought of that. Thanks for your other great tips that are floating around too. I just got done building a spreadsheet of my engine stats so I can see which engines I should really be using. I have been "satisfied with the 20-40 LpM that I have been getting, but I have decided to "up my game" some....So I am "tuning" some more things.
  • @Ron - you're showing your age with that Lucy clip! ;)
  • ronron SERLists.com

Maybe I just caught Lucy on a rerun @gtsurfs??? :) I can't tell you how many times I have heard references to Lucy in the Chocolate Factory made just in the past 5 years. Such a famous clip.

@DavidA2, 20-40 LPM is just fine if it gets the job done. I view having a repeatable process as a precursor to success.

I'm sure you have seen PGA Tour players go through their routines before hitting a shot. They do the same things every time, and that's why they are successful. You find what works, and you keep repeating it. 

• @ron - Yeah, but I am to the point where I am ready to push this baby a little harder...more projects...a little more tweaking settings.

You are right about getting all the "routines" down...good analogy.
  • @ron great tip about pausing per url. Never thought of it :D Thanks!
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @ron - I just moved away from per URL to per tier since it get's exponential as the base tier grows. Exponential use of resources. Maybe I'll go back and test the per URL scenario later...
  • ronron SERLists.com

Yeah, as your T1 gets more mature, you could end up with a very large demand for links underneath. 1000 links in T1 means 10,000 links in T2 and 100,000 links in T3. Yeah, right, good luck with that one :(

It works great for a few months, but then you may want to adjust. Honestly, I have left them alone at 10X and 20X, and SER seems to spread out the processing nicely on its own without my intervention. 

• It is hard to get 10x the T1 links since they are articles, where it is easier to get 10x the T1A & T2A links.
  • Its easy @tommy99
    Create more Web 2.0s. and upload it to GSA tier 1 verified lists.