Skip to content

My GSA SER Config Full Monty (Warning: Low LPM)

edited March 2013 in Need Help
I've invested days in digesting every hot threads here and here's my GSA SER config. Unfortunately I still don't have a decent LpM, and with decent I'm not referring to the 100+ LpM from LeeG or Ron -- I'll be more than happy to pay to get my LpM above 50.

Anyway, the overall setup first --

GSA SER runs 24x7 on a BermanHosting 4G Win7 VPS, whose ram utilization seldom goes above 50%

10 dedicated proxies from BuyProxies + 10 semi-dedicated auto-rotate proxies from ProxyMesh

Captcha Sniper X3 (I honesty don't think CS is the bottle neck for me now -- when it becomes the bottle neck, I'll switch to CB) + DeathByCaptcha as second level

BTW, I'm also running GSA Indexer

Now the GSA SER window --

As you can see, the LpM is only 5 :(

Options > Submission --

Options > Captcha --

Options > Indexing --

Options > Filter --

Options > Advanced --

Tier 1 project Data (25K top-search keywords) --

Tier 1 project Options --

Tier 2 project Options --

Tier 3 project Options --

BTW, I'm using different fresh hotmail emails with SPAM filter turned off for every project.

With 350 threads working for 20 projects and tier 2/3 verification time set to manual, I was expecting to see the log scrolling continuously about searching and posting, but it's not the case -- the log seems sluggish and often pauses for seconds before new rows come in -- I have no idea what GSA is doing during the pause.

BTW, I'm rather new to IM and am very serious about paying to learn more.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Jerry
jerryji1976@yahoo.com
Tagged:

Comments

• I can tell you right now that DBC is your bottle neck. I tried running it as my secondary for about 2 weeks.  I could only get around 5-20 LPM.  as soon as I turned it off I jumped up to 50-100 LPM. 
  • Thanks @Hunar, let me turn DBC off and report back in a while.
  • You should notice a change right away in terms of speed etc. etc.
  • Turning off the PR filter and web 2.0's will help too
  • ronron SERLists.com

I would add:

Check Custom Wait Time and change from 60 seconds to 5 seconds

Drop your threads to 250 - you have too much fuel and not enough oxygen in that fuel line

Do what @Hunar said - save second captcha option for small isolated important projects, if at all

Uncheck GSA Indexer - you can do that separately - it sucks the oxygen out of your internet connection

Uncheck Identified and Failed in your sites lists screen under advanced options - wasting system resources for no good reason - you don't need those lists

Uncheck "Identified" on Use Urls from global site lists - totally not needed and hurts performance

Uncheck collect keywords from competitors and keywords in quotes - it limits the targets

Uncheck the PR and OBL filters - limits targets greatly and not necessary for ranking

• @ron : If i uncheck the GSA indexer on global options , It will also not use the GSA Indexer in project options?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    Not sure. I always have both unchecked.
  • edited March 2013
    I followed all what @ron suggested and here`s my current LPM and still RISING!

WOW

dont know what really happened :D:D:D:D 

Thanks @ron

btw , my usual LPM was 4-8. :D:D
  • Thanks @Hunar @ron , I took all your advice and my LPM has been climbing up to above 20 --

And here are my new configs.

Options > Submission --

Options > Captcha --

Options > Indexing --

Options > Advanced --

Tier 1 project options --

Note: I re-enabled PR filter because without which my tier 1 daily verified limit of 100 was reached in a matter of minutes, so I'm putting it back to slow it down a bit

Tier 2 project options --

tier 3 project options --

I'm pretty optimistic that as I add more projects, my LPM would rise further.

Thank you all for your generous help, I sure hope my screenshots could help some as well.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @jerryji

First up...great post on how to get help. You've given enough info and data for all to take a look and offer valuable advise. Many could learn from you...when we see poor questions we should send them here to see how it should be done!

Secondly, change your pause after 1440 minutes, to per day. It's the same, but SER remembers the setting on a reset only if it's per day, while it will forget it at 1440 everytime you restart or update. :-)
  • edited March 2013
    no check at "use proxy for pr". -> gets them banned FAST!

also no PR filter. if it goes to fast, then reduce the submitted.. 100 verify/day will get your site deinxed if its not aged.....

verify for T2 or seoncadry links to minum of 2 or 3 days.

chose 5 of the most used ping services.....  (thanks ron ;-)

the way you do T2 and T3 is not optimal. your building spamlinks on spamlinks...
    do a T1 with good article-sites and spam those with secondary links.

quit web.20 they suck.

filter good an bad engines (you need the identified list for that!! although it sucks resources..)

dont expect much LPM on T1.
    But expect 20+ LPM on T2(secondary)
  • My Recommendations

Custom time between search engines: go for 10 not 5, you have only 11 proxys, if you have more than 20 then you can go for 5.

On Captchas retry use 0 or 1 at most.

For TIER 1

create another project for blog comments, don't mix them with other contextual platforms.

bad word filters are good for (blog comments, guestbook, image comments, trackbacks, pingbacks), why you will use bad word filter for a article platforms if you are creating the content from 0 and there is nothing else on that url.

Use google search engines only, just pick 4-6 Google engines.

Use pr filter for Domain (and remove blog comments of course), why you using PR of subdomain if on web 2.0 you are just creating new sub domains, your PR will be N/a.

For TIER 2

You need to understand that you cant mix contextual platforms and all the others platforms in the same project.... you are using microblogs here and you have a tier 3, that means you are backlinking your microblogs... that is useless, wasting resources for nothing, same for social bookmarks and blog comments, you dont backlink blog commnets unless they are on a high pr.... whats the point on backlinking a comment in a already spammed blog and or a blog with 0 pr.
  • "
    For TIER 1

create another project for blog comments, don't mix them with other contextual platforms."

VERY goot idea so separate contextual from spamlinks.

and think about getting captcha breaker. its better than CS3x
  • Something I tried out and noticed helps is disabling the log. Of course do this once you know you have everything set the way you want it and it has been running smoothly. CPU usage goes down and hence threads can go up.

Thanks for all input everyone is giving @jerryji as it's helping more than just him and thanks @jerryji for such detailed posts asking for recommendations.
  • edited March 2013
    I've incorporated advice from @AlexR , @thisisalex , and @rodol , the result is impressive --

and here are my latest config

Options > Submission --

tier 1 project options --

tier 2 project options --

and tier 3 project options --

In fact, the result has been so good that I'm starting to worry about "Google slap" ( https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/2636/google-slap#Item_12 ).

Any suggestion will be much appreciated. I will also keep my findings updated here.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    An interesting setting I'm testing out is to lower the HTML timeout to 30 instead of increasing it. What's your saying is only wait for 30s for the website to send the first bit of data....think about it...if you went to a site and in 30 mins nothing had happened...if you're like me...you've either pressed back or close...

Why tell SER to wait 3 mins when you won't wait 30s! ;-)
  • @AlexR you're probably not trying to look at hundreds of sites a second either though ;)
  • @ron sir ,  on tier 1 projects. Do we have to check the GSA indexer on it?

becayse sur @jerryji checked the GSA indexer on tier 1 :(
  • @lrichard2112 checking GSA indexer on tier 1 was my intention to have only tier 1 backlinks indexed, but it doesn't work with the global Options > Indexing > GSA indexer option unchecked -- nothing is sent to GSA indexer (which means this project specific setting does not override the global option, a bit counter-convention -- maybe a feature request later to @sven ?).

So as of now I'm following @rons's advice in another thread to have the indexing done offsite and in batch.
  • ronron SERLists.com

Do Indexer offline. Best advice I could give anyone.

@jerryji - You used up all your credits. You are over 100 LPM. No more advice. Welcome to the big leagues. Now start helping others. :)

• LPM Have no relevancy what so ever if you compare with other users! I reached 52 LPM with only 1 campain active. Others use alot more campains. LPM is only relevant if you compare with your personal campains from yesterday but dont compare to other users because it not relevant at all.
    You can rise your LPM if you have alot of active campains.
  • Nobody mentioned use proxies only for searching? I think you should change that to "for everythin", otherwise your VPS ip could get banned from some sites leads to lower submission.
  • googlealchemistgooglealchemist Anywhere I want
    If we uncheck the identified/failed boxes so it doesnt save those to files....does gsa still keep track of those to avoid redundancy in the future of going over those same urls again?
  • How many main anchor text do you use?? I see the only main anchor that the beginning of your post?? 
  • can you share your 25K++ keywords list you are using?
  • This is one of the best threads on here for LPM thanks to all the usual suspects.  I noticed jerryji using v.5.25 so I must ask, Is v5.22 still the undisputed king?
  • @CecilDee don't read the version number literally, newer versions also give you fixes and new features. I've been updating my SER the moment sven released a new version (sometime it means twice a day :). Right now I'm on v5.61 and have 150 LpM on 20 proxies and 200 threads
  • @eagleflux actually my 25K keyword is the popular 100K keyword list stripped off non-ascii keywords. I don't have the 100K keyword list download link off my head, but it should be as easy as googling "site:forum.gsa-online.de 100k keyword". Even though it's quite outdated, e.g., "pinterest" and "gangnam style" are not there
  • thank you @jerryi .already found it
  • @Jerryi I have set up my project exactly like yours. But i am running on a slower computer not an VPS with 10 proxies. My LP is only 10 maximum. sometimes 1 :(. I really dont know why??

How many project do you running at the same time?