Skip to content

Import target URLs & import keywords

edited October 2012 in Need Help
Hello:
Just a question about this marvellous software. When running a project using SEs, what will happen if we import a list of target URLS? Will they be processed and then will it follow searching through SEs?
If importing keywords, will they be automatically incorporated to search patterns?
Thanks.

Comments

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    It will add the URL's to the target URL list. Then when completed, it will use SE's again to continue to find new target URL's.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

Imported URLs will proceed first and when done Search Engines will be used again.

Keywords are only used for some engines (the dark green one, light green will use it sometimes only). However you can check the box to always use keywords for search queries (not recommended though).

• Hi, One further query along the same lines. I've just scraped a big raw ist of (what I hope are) article directories using the footprint extractor tool (thanks s4nt0s) and scrapebox.

Question is, do I need to trim the URLs to root before importing them into GSA, or leave them as they are. Or doesn't it matter.

Thanks in advance. Awesome software by the way!

• OzzOzz
    edited October 2012
    Just leave them as they are and delete all duplicate domains. 

With article directories it shouldn't matter anyway if you are trimming the URLs to root or not as SER is searching for "Developed by Articlebeach" to identify the platform first and then to find a link to register to the site like "New User?" for example.
  • Great. Thanks, appreciate the response.
  • and if i want that GSA will submit only my imported urls after that it stopped and give me success site list.
    how is this possible?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Just disable search engines + competitor analysis + global site list. After the program is done, you should see a message in the log saying "no target URLs to post to...".
  • wow...
    thanks Sven
  • royserparoyserpa (URL and Domain Deduped!) GSA SER VERFIED Lists! => http://gsa-verified-list.royserpa.com/
    @Sven How do you search engines + competitor analysis + global site list?

Can't find that option anywhere... 

Thanks in advance!