Skip to content

My idea for tier 1 links...would like to hear thoughts from the experts

edited April 2013 in Need Help
Hey guys,

I've been giving some thought to the whole tier 1 thing, and wanted to get your thoughts on setting up a quality tier 1 structure that won't get penalized.

What I'm thinking about doing is actually creating some hand-made tier 1 web 2.0 properties with quality hand-written content, and just focus on 2-4 main keywords with those properties. I would then use GSA to handle the tier 2/3 stuff pointing at them.

The obvious problem with doing just the above for tier 1 is link diversity (here's where I would love your thoughts). My idea is to use GSA to create other tier 1 links that would focus on secondary anchor text/generic text/url variations. I'm thinking this would handle the link diversity problem. I would of course do a tier 2/3 campaign linking to these as well.

From your experience, is this a good idea or a waste of time? Should I just let GSA handle ALL the tier 1 stuff?

All thoughts welcome, as I'm new to GSA.

Thanks for the input!

Comments

• Yes good idea! Your hand made web 2.0s will serve you well :)
  • I do both web2.0 and GSA to my moneysite.
  • @Musk - Good to hear; it sounds like you're doing what I'm thinking about doing. Let me ask; how do you generate your content for tier 1? Do you just use something like Wicked Article Creator? I actually started another thread asking if these types of programs can create content good enough for tier 1 links....

Thanks!
  • Quite a few people do this. It is a good practice and should work for you.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Great idea. The question you'll run into is how to manage new content for all the manual T1's you control when you start increasing the keywords and websites you're promoting. I'm looking for some smart solutions to this. 
  • i'm also using web 2.0s but i'm not building links to them because at my last experiments they always outranked my own sites..
  • edited April 2013
    @bekkolt - I think I read you talking about this in another thread. It's definitely an interesting dilema......I'm definitely too "green" to give any kind of authorative advice, but I would definitely take a look at what you are doing with your tier 2 links that are pointing at your 2.0's and maybe try to incorporate some of those practices into your tier 1 link building, since it sounds like it's actually being pretty effective! Just some food for thought...

On another note....regarding your web 2.0s.....since you've stopped backlinking to them, are you still seeing them raise your money site's ranking significantly?
  • @AlexR - BTW, wanted to give you a shoutout for your contributions on this forum; you've been a HUGE help in regards to me being able to wrap my brain around GSA SER!!! Thanks man.
  • edited April 2013
    @bekkolt "i'm also using web 2.0s but i'm not building links to them because at my last experiments they always outranked my own sites.."
    If your money site was in pos 1-3 of SERPS your web 2.0s couldn't outrank it. AIM HIGHER!  
  • My 2 pence...

I've been in "seo" for almost 7 years. The Web 2.0 thing is good if you have time. I do not. I over come that with a MASSIVE amount of links on all tiers. My findings have been that if you use quality content (real, human articles or at least 20+ articles from Article Builder or the like) that is at least 60% unique you should be fine no matter where the link is or what tier it's on. The other important factor is to HEAVILY diversify your link profile AND anchor text.

I have easily out ranked many sites using only automated link building software with absolutely NO manual content or other manually created profiles. Of course, make sure your site is optimized but not overly so. Also, be sure to backlink your social media profiles/pages/listings/directories. Bascially, if I know there is a link somewhere pointing to my money site. I throw a TON of links to it with a minimum of 3 tiers. (providing the software allows for tiered link building.)
  • @hackersmovie - Thanks; thats solid advice!
  • Web 2.0 is OK, but instead wasting time for article writing just create some videos and submit it to the authority sites with a backlinks (have a softwares that do this in minutes and you can do this with fiverr too). Create social accounts - twitter, fb fanpage, g+,pinterest....
    Submit only one article and do it on EZA.
    Run GSASER on all this profiles, videos, article.

I personaly use GSASER for tier 1 and have huge success (articles, web2.0.,social,bookmarks,videos, documents).
  • I am doing tier 1 link building and I am using my content which is manually spinned,
    But I use those strategies which provide link from content mostly social networking, But not all platforms are working good. :(