Skip to content

SER & Tiers

Comments

• Great stuff Ron, you have inspired me to start building links with GSA to one of my money sites for the first time. Until now I have only used GSA extensively to build links (successfully) to money making web 2.0 properties such as squidoo, hubpages, infobarrel.

• Hi Ron, I wanna follow the way you do backlinks to your money site.
    I have the tier 1 running now with web 2.0 and  articles and I was wondering which radio box to check for social network articles, is it the social network box, many thanks Ron
  • How long does it take to see results using Ron's Tier'd template diagram?
  • How long is a piece of string?

To many variables means no concrete answers....
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited May 2013

Yes @daveaball, the Social Network box.

@Glennf, ranking on page 1 generally takes 2-3 months. Sometimes sooner depending on the size and competitiveness of the keywords.

Like @Brumnick said, the answer is all over the board. I do tweak the linkbuilding as I go based on search results. If I see it get stuck on a plateau that it can't seem to shake, I start boosting volume on underneath tiers, etc. Linkbuilding is not a static set-it-and-forget-it. You need to experiment and try different things. Over enough websites, enough mistakes, enough successes, and over enough time, you will develop your own rhythm on what to do.

• Thanks Ron, appreciate your advice, great tier images, bookemarked thanks again
  • Ron on the social network description area, do You put in a snippet of what the article is, do you think it would be suffiecent to have a small part of the article or do you advise something else.
    Hope you don't mind me asking Ron
  • ronron SERLists.com
    In everything you do in SER, it is all a spin. So for article summaries, descriptions, etc., just place a paragraph of spun material in those fields. Hopefully you have a spun content generator like KM, ACW or WAC. If you don't, then you have a gun without bullets.
  • I'm using 7 tiered projects using Ron's diagram and was using the following settings for my anchor text settings (See Pic.)

Are these good settings to use for this that will product results?

• ronron SERLists.com
    Those look fine. Again, this is one of those areas where you experiment over time with the %'s and learn from experience.
  • Thanks Ron,

Do you know what percentage the actual Anchor text phrases defined in the Anchor Text field of a project are?

I agree with you, I use WAC and seems to do a pretty good job of spinning content for data fields.

I'm just following your guide of 10 links per day for all tiers, have "per URL" checked for all tiers except the direct money tier. Should I "up it to" 20, you think?
  • Also, do you know how long it talks to see results using your Tiered diagram, in your experience?
  • ronron SERLists.com

Anchor txt is the residual of 100% minus secondary minus generic minus domain.

Your call on what to up it to and when. You must experiment. The best thing to do is have a bunch of sites, even if they are one pagers, and use different approaches on each. It is something you develop a feel for with experience. A lot of trial and error. And the deal is different for every niche, and for every term. I use differing approaches all the time based on gut instinct. Most often I see results like first page in 2-3 months. 

• @ron: One of the main differences between your diagram and Ozz's is that you don't have secondary links to money site. Do you have any specific reason why?

Won't secondary links like bookmarks, comments, blog comments, etc., diversify your link profile more?

Thanks for your diagram. That really clears things up.
  • ronron SERLists.com

@audioguy, the only reason I left that kind of stuff out is because a lot of people got hurt with Penguin with direct linking. Of course that had more to do with anchor text, but direct linking has brought down many a site.

I basically showed a very safe way to do it. What you do outside of what I showed is completely up to you.

• @ron: Okay, that makes perfect sense. I'm more about on the safe side too. Then how do you take care of link diversity? Or is it something you don't think about much for now?
  • @ron . . . just wondering if you buy the "privacy" option for domains when your using this approach.  Something tells me I should, just because I'm pointing SER right at my money sites doing things your way.
  • ronron SERLists.com

@dogGoogles Yeah,I have WhoIs privacy on all domains, but I don't see how that relates.

@audioguy You have web 2.0's, wikis, articles and social networks. There must be a 100 different engines between all of those. I think you have diversity covered. Some other 'types' of links like directories or blog comments are ok, but in moderation.

• @ron . . . guess I was thinking that whois privacy might not be necessary since your not pointing stuff like forum links at your money sites . . . where most spam complaints seem to come from
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Google is a registrar and can check the ownership behind a WHOIS privacy anyway. No SEO value in this, but rather just to make it harder for competitors to see who's behind it all. 
  • @AlexR . . . that's a debatable point see http://www.cshel.com/seo-sem/domains/2006/11/google-cannot-see-past-private-registrations/  .  I was more concerned with pissing off some anti-spam  zealot who would try to contact me through a public whois
  • ronron SERLists.com

You have no idea how many people scrape whois data for spam. If you want your email spammed to death, then don't use whois.

I can't prove what google knows or doesn't know. But even as a registrar, I don't think they are entitled to my information if I didn't register through them. What the hell - as an example...say I am a doctor, and that entitles me to all personal health information for every person on the planet? I don't think so. That means every single person's private blog network would be busted. Again, I don't think so.  

• hey @ron 2 questions, 
    you use same spun content for all your tiers or you create new content on KM for each tier?
    If you use different content you use different keywords to scrape the content on KM?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    Yes, same spun content.
  • hey @ron, so happy that i heard/read that you are just using KM for your contextual links.  Trying to spin unique content that made sense was a major bottleneck for me personally.  I was getting no where fast! 
    Just was wondering if you just use the generic content in your 'kitchen sink' links.  That is, for your blog comments etc, did u create your own content for that or just keep it at default. THANKS!
  • ronron SERLists.com
    I put in my own blog comments and spin, the point being to get more approved.
  • Hi Ron ! I am setting up tier 2 at the moment and my question is about anchor text .Shell I use the anchor text from tier 1 or different one or mix the tier 1 anchor text with some related anchor texts . And then same question for tier 3 . what can i use there for anchor text ?  Can you help me with that ? 
  • Ron - for those links you are building to the tier 1 in context links you have given "social bookmarks" their own slot. Are these social bookmarks you're using the platforms in GSA, or are you using something else.

I also notice that social bookmarks are not present listed in your "The Kitchen Sink" platforms - is there a reason for this?

Cheers
  • edited May 2013
    I have a question about the graphic above, what exactly are high PR blogs in the T1A part?
  • ronron SERLists.com

@dimitribanks - I usually want all my tiers thematically related with the anchors, so they tend to be identical. You can always go broader within the same theme on lower tiers.

@DarrenHaynes - I use SER bookmarks. They aren't as easy to build efficiency-wise, so if you start to include them on lower tiers, your LPM will suffer. So I save them for the top. If SER was more efficient at building them, I probably would include them on lower levels.

@hatterftw1 - High PR pages where you leave blog comments.