Skip to content

SER & Tiers

Comments

• ronron SERLists.com
    20/day to each important page, home as well as inner.
  • You mentioned in another post your Tier 2 is 10x. So with that logic your Tier 2 is 200 and your Tier 3 is 2000 per day?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited April 2013
    Correct. But I don't set the number as '200'. I check the box 'per url', and set it to 10 links per URL.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Ron - Thanks!

Now its time for you to take a holiday...you have a forum suspension until you are well rested and relaxed. ;-) 
  • Normally I only build links to my index page and not innerpages as this has caused ranking problems.

What is your experience on this? Do you build links to both index page and innerpages? And how many innerpages do you build links to (like 10% or 50%)?

• ronron SERLists.com

I usually only have projects for important inner pages, and those will get the full treatment of tiers.

For more unimportant inner pages, I like to clump them into one project, use general niche keywords, and put it in more of a slower drip mode, like one or two per inner page per day.

• What would be "quality wiki sites" ?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    Ones with high PR on the home page.
  • edited April 2013
    Can someone tell me how to actually "point" the blocks on the right (i.e blog, Wiki, etc) to the T1, T2, T3 Contextual blocks (i.e. Web 2.0, Articles) instead of at the Money Site URL?

I've just started a new project in GSA SER and have no idea how to do that.

UPDATE: Never Mind, I just watched the video on setting up Multi-Tiered link sub-projects.

But on the Project Data "where to submit" list can you tell me where "High PR Blogs" entry is?

Thanks Again
  • It doesn't exist as a setting.  You either have to do it manually or set up a separate project for blog comments with PR filter.
  • @ron, what content u use for T!?
    thx
  • a Press Realease is black hat or white hat? :)
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

Do you understand what blackhat means in seo?

Any link posted in order to boost search engine ranking is classed as blackhat

Some would prefer the term greyhat

White hat, is posting content on your money site and having links build in a natural way

• I'm just starting to use GSA SER and have no clue on how many proxies I need for SER.

I''m on a strict budget. Can anyone tell me if I buy Semi Dedicated Private Proxies - 10 Semi Dedicated from
    proxy-hub.com that will be enough?
  • @Glennf I just answered this question on another thread. Please only post once.
  • edited April 2013
    Ron,

I've been going through the video tutorials for hours on end for SER and I was wondering if it was possible to export one of your projects based on your flowchart so I can import it and change some of the fields like URL and such and "clone" it ? Just so I have all of the project fields set up correctly as there are so many options to configure in an SER project.

Thanks, Glenn
  • @Glennf

Ron is on vacation so may not reply for awhile. But you really don't need his projects. He has already given all of his settings here on this site.

I would advise you to setup some "test" campaigns pointing towards a domain you don't own (just make something up) to test, and see how SER operates and learn from it. That is the only way your going to learn in my opinion. It's really not that hard. I mean really, if you can post on this forum, you can setup a campaign in SER. Just jump in with both feet. You can do it!

-Shizz

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @LeeG - I wonder if you should include onpage optimisation to boost rankings as BlackHat. ;-) 

Wouldn't want to be doing that just for the fun of it....with no ranking manipulation... 
  • @ron why you hit per url if you build links only to index page in a campaign or build links to a single one inner page??
  • davbeldavbel UK
    edited April 2013
    @theguruland the per url will be for T2 and up.

Think of it like this:

Money site has 10 links pointing to it from T1

Each T1 site (there are 10) has 10 links pointing to it from T2

Each T2 site (x10x10) has 10 links pointing to it from T3

and so on...
  • edited April 2013
    @Glennf and maybe you've got some washing up he could do as well and put the garbage out perhaps?

Maybe its me, maybe i just should ask for the world too and see what i get! :)

Only reason I'm commenting on this is to let @ron and all the other guys who give so much (you know who you are), know that their extreme generosity is truly valued by most of us here on these forums, and not taken for granted as it may appear by a few posts lately asking for a little bit too much, me thinks.

Wouldn't want you to get pissed off and stop giving. :)
  • Thanks for all those helping me. I'm very grateful to everyone in this thread and Ron's great campaign diagram.

I plan on using GSA SER to build backlinks to many inner pages of my money sites.

One other question about this diagram and tiers, what would be a good amount of backlinks to inner pages of my money site. Is 10 still a good number for T1, T2 (T2a...), T3 (T3a), etc. ?
  • I don't know if I did this correct in the project window. I made a top project with just the Money Site URL defined and no projects checked.

Then did the multi-tier projects following the rest of the diagram.

Is this correct?
  • Per Ron's diagram can someone tell me if this is correct?

- TIER 1 (my money site URLS)
        - TIER 1A (use verified URLS of TIER 1)
        - TIER 2   (use verified URLS of TIER 1)
           - TIER 2A  (use verified URLS of TIER 2)
           - TIER 3     (use verified URLS of TIER 2)
              -TIER 3A (use verified URLS of TIER 2)
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited April 2013

Dup. comment.

• ronron SERLists.com
    Yes, but your description on Tier 1 is confusing. If you mean the links you built toward your money site, then everything you wrote is correct.
  • Thanks again Ron, Yes Tier 1 are the links using the target URL(s) toward my money site. Can you tell me I use the exact same Anchor Text in all my Tiers and have "Use Generic Anchor Text" turned on in all of them to in order to "pad" the anchors with Generic phrases.

Do you have "per URL" checked in the options panel? In all my Tiers I had that checked and I think maybe too many links are getting created per day.

What are your thoughts on the matter?

-Glenn
  • Hi Ron, hope your break was good.  Am just about to start a new campaign based on your tiered system with the 'Kitchen Sink!' method..

i just wanted to get my head around this so if someone can confirm or comment that my setup looks okay, would be appreciated:

- I have created my Tier 1's Contextual Manually all unique content to be my buffer to money site.

- I then setup a campaign for each Tier 1 URL (non lazy!), that i point to, using Web 2.0, articles, social networks, making these links my Tier 2's? Each Tier 1 is aimed at a different sub-section on the money site around different keywords i want to rank for based on @fullspeed advice. My content from ACW.

- So my Tier 2 is another set of Web 2.0, Articles Social Networks + some wiki's, that now point to the Tier 1 links by using the, 'use verified URLS of another project' from Tier 1?

So in short - please confirm if correct:

- Tier 1 - is my manual Web 2.0 URL's.
    - Tier 1A is PR1+ to these Manual Tier 1 URLS?
    - My Tier 2 in GSA points to these Tier 1 URLS? I create seperate Projects for each URL as they target different Keywords.
    - Tier 2A 'Kitchen Sink' points to my Verified Tier 2's?
    - Tier 3 - Use Verified URLS from Tier 2, Web 2.0, articles, SN.
    - Tier 3A Points to these Tier 2 Verified URLS?

- Or would it be better in GSA where the Money Site in your Diagram is my Manual Tier 1, and then the tier's below are setup accordingly? Same method basically just 1 more Tier.

Thanks in advance @ron

• ronron SERLists.com
    edited April 2013

@Glennf, I use the same anchors in all my tiers. Some folks expand upon that in lower tiers and make their anchors a larger list in lower tiers. I only have per url checked in all tiers except the T1.

@Friji, everything is ok except the last one. T3A points to verified links on T3.

T1, T2, T3 are all the exact same engines - all the contextual engines and platforms. And T1A, T2A, T3A, are all the exact same types of lower value kitchen sink links.

Try not to confuse things, especially for yourself. A money site is a money site - it is never a T1. If you have six pages on the money site that you want to build tiers to, then in essence, you have six money sites each with a tiered structure underneath each page - just as if it was a separate website.