Skip to content

SER & Tiers

Comments

• @Gleenf, your question contradicted yourself. 

To answer simply, don't put any PR/follow filters. You want a natural dispersion, and naturally, people don't only link to your site with dofollow sites that are >PRx. Keep things as natural looking as possible.
  • ronron SERLists.com

@Glennf - I check no PR filers or OBL filters. None.

@DarrenHaynes - You can highlight all projects you want (like all kitchen sinks), right click, show urls>verified>verify. I have all KS's disabled for verification, and do verification once a week manually. All contextual tiers I have them set on Automatic 1440

• Awesome Ron - thanks for that. That is much more effective than disabling/re-enabling the kitchen sink every time I want to verify. No I can keep it easily to once a week verification, and up my LPMs.

I have the contextual tiers 1 - 3 set on automatic also, so glad to hear that is what you are doing also. I also have all the contextual links set to reverify so that I am not building mass links to what is not there.

Great stuff - your thread here has helped me a lot.

• ron you checked no PR filter for T1 contextual?
    or
    Lower Tiers?
  • @baba, from what I read,  ron doesnt use filters on any tiers.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Thanks!
  • edited June 2013
    @ron, can you tell me now after penguin2.0 is probably completed, how much of rankings have you lost? And have you found some clues WHY some sites have been hit and some not?

thx
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited June 2013

It was a mixed bag. Some stayed exactly the same, and some went to the bottom of page 1, top of page 2. I lost some secondary rankings, and I lost some inner page rankings. It was a ding in the armor but not a death blow by any means.

If you get a tool like Ahrefs or Majestic, you need to analyze your backlinks vs. those competitors who are now in a good spot - and try to learn what it is in their link profile that propelled them past you - and what it is in your link profile that is weak.

If you take the same approach, almost without fail, you will find the answer. This is how the smart guys learn seo and why they succeed.

And never rely on one method to build links. I have been able to rank a website (not all websites, but some) using just one tool - but I have never been able to maintain that ranking for the long run with just one tool.

Remember the old saying "Live by the sword, die by the sword".

• Ron, some questions. I read most of the thread (a bit confused coz sometimes you didn't put the name of the person you were responding to), but I have some questions:

1) I'm assuming you rank your sites mostly through GSA using the method? - not using any software. Am I right?

2) You mentioned somewhere about not telling people what to use to target their money site. Yet in the image in the first post it seems like you're using Web 2.0, Articles, social networks, high quality Wikis, etc. Are you saying we do this step (TIer 1) outside of GSA or do you mean we use those platforms in GSA?

3) Do you ever pay for spun articles for input into GSA or just use KM, etc.? (You mentioned these software, but these are of course low quality - there's no problems with that right?)

My idea is that the good in using paid articles that are spun properly (as opposed to getting them from KM in a few minutes) is that they stay up longer if there's some review from Web 2.0 or Article directory owners. But that's all. If you give them low quality, they may just delete your account. So you may just need to do this constantly and hope some stick. However, doing this, in my opinion (correct me if you think I'm wrong) probably won't result in any penalties of poor quality articles targetting your Money Site because Google can't automatically detect poor quality articles - unless their algorithm is that advanced. What do you think?

Cheers
  • Ron, another question. I'm also using KM with GSA SER. You mentioned "I spin with KM and insert the url/anchor token in KM. So when SER uses the spin, it automatically inserts my various anchors - just once per article." then you mentioned "I use %url% and %anchor_text%."

I've never used tokens with KM. Could you tell me exactly what you do? Where do you put the %url% and %anchor_text% in KM so that the spintax from KM comes out right and fit for GSA SER such that GSA uses the URL and Anchor Text inputted in the GSA settings?

Thanks
  • ronron SERLists.com

There's more to ranking than just using one tool. Ser can get you competitive in the serps, but then you have to consider other tactics like PR links and other methods to make a breakout.

If you can get the quality level you need (depending on the competitive factors), then ser may be all that is needed. But you should be looking at all tools/outsourcing if you believe you need a higher quality for your first tier.

For the tougher 2.0 platforms, you will find out that platforms like Wordpress and Blog will moderate, so you better have a good plan. Like good articles, images, possibly youtube videos, linkouts to authority sites, respectable backlinks coming in to the first tier properties, etc. It is more work, but having properties that stick is important.

You have two columns in KM where you can insert the tokens. So long as you have the link box checked, those columns appear.

• edited June 2013
    Everything comes out OK with the token use? Links and anchors stay in sync? URL randomization takes effect even in these contextual url's?

• ronron SERLists.com
    You have to use the tokens in the spin, and you are all set.
  • Ron, thanks for your response. Regarding links out to authority sites, how would you incorporate that? I was using KM and I was thinking if I have 1 Contextual link setting and 1 article body link setting, the Contextual link URL and Keyword I'll input the GSA token, but the article body link I'll input my list of high pr authority sites scrapped through scrapebox. Do you have any other suggestions?
  • @ron

Do you use more than 1 email in your T1,2,3 contextual or do you delete target url cache/history from time to time?

• ronron SERLists.com

They never get banned because they don't hit the forums, so I haven't bothered.

That said, you do need to understand that the main reason to change emails is so you can create different accounts on the same domain. Otherwise you are limited to just one account.

In the case of contextual tiers, I only want one link from the same domain. It's an seo thing with me. Others don't mind. I want as many different domains linking to a moneysite as possible, so I make sure I check "Avoid posting URL on same domain twice".

Never delete history. You can delete cache, but I never do it. I always seem to get enough targets.

If you have a problem acquiring targets, try running the T1's by themselves for an hour or two, then run the junk. Then they aren't competing with junk tiers for threads, and it seems to work a lot better.

• edited June 2013
    I tried to make my T1 pure so disabled the 3 Profile link types, but it appears I get a lower number of posts than with the profiles enabled. I'm referring strictly to "blog posts"(I don't know how to name them :))
    Is there a direct connection between them? I mean, if ser will not have to post a profile it will not post a "blog post" on the site?

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @ron - just want to say this is one of the best discussions on the forum. It contains so many nuggets of info! I'm in the process of setting up some tests to check different factors and wanted to ask you...

Given that most of your platforms you mentioned here don't use keyword footprints, do you have any thoughts on thematic versus non-thematic links pointing at your moneysite? 
  • Hello all and @ron
    To build the high PR blogs I scraped some high PR WP blogs with Scrapebox, I duplicated an existent project (unchecked all where to submit, checked none for SEs), right click on the project and import target URLs.

My idea was to have GSA SER to publish on those blogs but surely I'm doing something wrong since it is not publishing anything on them.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.
  • suggestion is to monitor (or save) the log as well as the debugger (options -> advanced) to see the reason why its not posting to your URLs.
  • @ozz I did that, opened the failed/skipped file (I guess it is sitelist-web 2.0 - wordpress.com, since I scraped wp blogs) and it just says this: "http://en.wordpress.com/signup/"
    I suppose it means that the software couldn't create an account and failed but what would you do with this?
    Thank you.
  • sorry @blopa. i think you need to get a deeper understanding about how this software works and what is possible and what not. i believe you misunderstand what the "Web 2.0" is good for. it just creates a single blog on a particular url like "wordpress.com". therefore you have no reason to scrape for "web 2.0" as its just a single url.

furthermore the "failed/skipped sitelist" has nothing to do with the log. the log is the window right below the project window where all the things are recorded what SER is doing at them moment. you are able to save the log with right click -> save log to file.
  • @ozz then, say that I have some urls I want GSA to post articles to, how do I do that? or can you kindly point me to a post where such a thing is explained?
    Thank you.
  • I usually create my Tier 1's manually, so this is my first time attempting a GSA Tier 1 with spun web 2.0's, articles, and social networks... and I am confused about the email section.

My first attempt is submitting but doesn't seem to be verifying any links.  Is this because I have the email section set to the random default email that the program had there?  On this campaign it's wilfredozeller8658@mmmmail.com which doesn't have a pop3 or anything other than just the email listed... so I'm assuming that this is the problem?

Anyone care to elaborate on how the email part should be done for the T1 T2 T3 web2.0's, articles, and social networks so that the accounts get verified etc?  Thanks...
  • Nevermind, I think I figured it out... I'm using hotmail accounts now and they appear to be verifying the accounts.

One other question about this thread though... when I hear the term "kitchen sink" I think "everything."  So why are certain engines not included in the kitchen sink sections (url shortener, pingback, referrer, indexer, etc) ?
  • I just noticed something strange: the numbers in the column of submitted is decreasing without increasing the number of verifieds, seems working backwards!!
    All my projects are stuck but this...
    Any comments? Anybody with the same problem?
    Thank you.
  • Hey Ron

Is you are sites passed the latest Penguine update? are you still using the same format to build links to your money site?
  • @blopa this is normal, when SER verifiy your links if your submission does not turn into verified after certain amount of time, SER remove it.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @shan Some passed and many failed. But they were all going strong for a year so that blew away my expectations, and i made a bunch.

I know I can get away with more of the same but this time it probably won't last as long. So I am experimenting with different, higher quality, T1 approaches. And so should you.

There is room for many approaches and many will work. It is just that some will stick longer than others.