Skip to content

AutoContentWriter or Wicked Article Creator or anything else?

Comments

• @content32 TBS is $77 per year. Hardly expensive.

+ACW is the dogs bollucks :-@
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    I use ACW and love it.

If i had to fault it, I'd say that it should allow the links to be added within sentences... I am not sure how to ask the software author for this feature , but currently ACW adds them at the end of a sentence after a period/full stop. If it could be mid-sentence that would be great.
  • edited May 2013
    @spunko2010 You add the sentence in the embedded links box. You can highly spin a niche related sentence and then drop your <a href="%url%">%anchor_text%</a> into it wherever you want. It works a treat.

I also created a highly spun generic sentence that i use for Tier 2s & 3s. 

As far as ACW goes I love it. I even tested thousands of articles that are unspun and got a surprising amount indexed. 
    :-bd
  • @seagul - good point about unspun article. They will still rank as they are taking snippets from different sites. Heck, even sites that take a full ezine article copy rank (some of them, not all).   But probably they lose a % of their juice due to duplicate.

Good point about how to spin things in using embedded links.
  • Hi sobiman, if we find the link anchor text in the article we use that, if not we insert the anchor text as a new sentence.

As seagul said, we allow you to enter fully (spun if required) sentences in the embedded links box, you don't have to think of it as just keyword anchor text, it could be something very rich.

We were trying to give people the best of both worlds with this approach.

As for indexing, I always see very fast and comprehensive indexing of new articles :)
  • collywobbles  your s/w IS amazing.  I agree, it has so many places of randomization and adding rich spun snippets.  Job very well done!

One question to you:  I got a captcha request from ezine when I visited, after using your tool.  Can you detect that and let the user know so they can solve the captch, etc.
    @seagul sorry, I know how to add the links in the Embedded Link option. But it always gets added to the end of the sentence. I would need to edit it manually and move the placement if i want it to appear mid-sentence
    Like this 'Spun content goes here <link> and also the next sentence goes here".

Currently it only seems to work like:

"Spun content goes here. <Link>. And also the next sentence goes here."
  • edited May 2013
    @spunko2010 I think you misunderstood @seagul. you need to drop the whole spun sentence with the macro in the embedded link form. this is more a workaround but it produces embeded links like you suggest.
  • edited May 2013
    Yes exactly. I'll give an example later when I get home but I also use anchor text within the sentence which makes it keyword rich.
  • I use TheLeadingArticles.com for spun articles and aticle titles and WAC for the other data items. WAC exports all the data and works pretty good on import.

Am so new to SER don't know how effective my links are yet.

Does ACW have the ability to import data items like "image comment" like WAC does? Maybe I'll try that to.
  • Spunko, instead of using the auto generated links you can literally type a sentence in to the embedded link dialogue such as this

I really {like|love|dig|adore} < a href = 'foo.com' > dog training < / a > {books|courses|DVDs}.

Then the whole sentence is added into the article. You can also use the GSA macros %anchor% %url%

As for the ezine captcha, sounds a nightmare to catch and process, I just use 10 shared proxies from buyproxies.org, refreshed each month. In the last version we change it so each grabbed article will use a different proxy, reducing the chance of being blocked.
  • @sobiman are you using proxies?
  • edited May 2013
    @spunko2010 Exactly as collywobbles says. I also add %anchor_text% into the mix a couple of times as this really spices up the sentence and makes it laser targeted.

So in my "debt management" niche I might want a sentence in my article like this:

A debt management program is like a lifeline to many people who cannot afford to repay their debt. For more information go to our debt management website where you can find out exactly how debt management can literally change your life.

So I spend half an hour producing some spun sentences and then spin at word level a bit to get unique content. I want my keywords to surround my anchor text because I understand Google MAY like this and it surely doesn't hurt (I think it actually boosts index rate and first read about it from @fullspeed). But instead of dropping my keywords in the sentence I add in %anchor_text% macro thus for example:

A %anchor_text% program is like a lifeline to many people who cannot afford to repay their debt. For more information go to our <a href="%url%">%anchor_text%</a> website where you can find out exactly how %anchor_text% can literally change your life.

Now I spin in one more alternative sentence as an example for you here:

A %anchor_text% {company helps people manage their debts and become debt free|program is like a lifeline to many people who cannot afford to repay their debt}. {For more information go to our|If you are looking for advice about this then visit the} <a href="%url%">%anchor_text%</a> {website where you can find out exactly how|portal which shows you how} %anchor_text% {can literally change your life|will transform your debts into something manageable}.

Add a total of 5 or 6 different sentences + then spin at word level a bit works wonders with ACW and SER. I normally use spintags (#TAG1, #TAG2 etc.) to keep it reading well. Luckily SER keeps the anchor texts the same with %anchor_text% so the keywords will all match. There is one caveat and that is you can't use this type of keyword specific spintax with generic or URL anchors (and some secondary anchors). That's no problem though because you can create another project and write some generic sentences and drop the anchors in with those.
  • davbelcollywobbles  no I was not using proxies.  All I am saying is if you see a recaptcha thrown by ezinearticles, simply to inform the user (who can go in and manually solve the captcha).  Note that even with proxies, this can happen if we over-use the proxies.  This is a recommended add to ACW.
  • HI,

I am using WAC and the tool is perfect, setting campaign in few min with the export from WAC and import to GSA.

I just was wondering why so many people use ACW? i can't see import into GSA from this tool (or maybe using import from file?), is ACW create content for all fields in GSA with one click like WAC?.

Just curious to know why people are willing to pay more for ACW over WAC that is cheaper. 
  • edited May 2013
    Hi Richard, ACW will export all the GSA fields to a text file which is then imported into GSA using Tools->Import->Data Fields

Here is a KB article on creating a custom template to do just this in ACW

• @richardbesson ACW does have template for SER yes. Takes 2 mins to set up spun article.
  • Is AutoContentWriter better than Wicked Article Creator?
    Have you guys have had good success rates with SER using ACW?

• edited May 2013
    Read this thread!
  • Hi Glennf, 30 day refund policy no questions asked :) Feel free to try it out.
  • I've never used WAC, but can vouch for ACW.  It's really easy to use and Collywobbles updates it regularly

• edited May 2013
    hey Collywobbles.

I am new with GSA but after reading thread I purchased autocontentwriter.

I tried to use TBS automatically with ACW but the spin it chooses it is the basic spin option and it is very low quality.

Will you be able to add option to let us choose if we can do like replace everyone's favorites and choose best/better/good?

Because although best will not give many synonymous they read very well.

Please let me know. Thank you.

P.s. Can I run ACW both on my computer or VPS? Or can I only install 1 place? Thank you.
  • Hi, the option we use at the moment for TBS is replace everyones favouries and best quality, we pass this to TBS for every call, I just checked the code. We would like to support more spinner options in the future through a dialog options window.

You are allowed two IPs, any more will trigger a block on your account, so you should be fine. Just be careful if you use any IP changing software such as hide my ass, start ACW before you start that up.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks
  • Hi All,

I am using ACW and I love the ease of use. But I am having a little problem, I have built my gsa template file as shown below

##ACW_LINEBREAK=\n## 
    ##ACW_KEYWORDSEP=,## 
    ##ACW_CATEGORYSEP=|##
    URL
    Keywords #ACW_KEYWORDS#
    Website_title #ACW_TITLE#
    Category #ACW_CATEGORIES#|Misc*|General
    Description_250 #ACW_250#
    Article_Title #ACW_TITLE#
    Article #ACW_ARTICLETEXT#
    Article_Summary #ACW_75#
    Description_450 #ACW_450#

When I view the article in ACW I can see the spaces between paragraphs in the article body. But when I publish to the GSA template all the spacing between the article paragraphs is lost.
    I have tried various settings in ACW to try and work around this, but have not had much luck. I have been testing with Kontent Machine 2 and I have no problems importing articles. It seems to keep the line spacing as shown in KM2.

I wonder if anybody else is experiencing the same problem after they have imported into the GSA template from ACW.

Thanks
    Big_G.
  • Hi Big G, A user reported that a week or so ago, I have implemented a fix and am just in the process of building a release. The issue was that we only output a single \n between paragraphs in the GSA template, the new fix outputs \n\n. I imported into GSA and it works fine. Watch this space in a few hours for the new release.
  • I wonder why one would want to build an GSA template when to output a GSA template already is a feature of ACW?
  • svobada, using your own custom GSA template will allow you to fill in more fields than the template that comes with ACW.
  • AutoContentWriter UPDATE
    NEW Save as text in CSV (tab separated) format
    NEW Minimum scraped sentence word count option
    NEW Options to use scraped keywords as image alt tags
    BUG Fixed flickr images after site change
    BUG Fixed paragraph output for GSA template
  • ACW is a great software so far. I use it for english content, but WAC allows you to put in the sentences on your own, line by line. I tried the "Local Articles" feature from ACW, but it didn't worked well with nonenglish content, because of some filters collywobbles explained (uppercase, umlauts etc...).

I coded my own program that scrapes non-english sentences based on my choosen keywords and some searchengines. So for nonenglish content i use my own tool + WAC to generate superfast nonenglish spuncontent, because WAC doesn't filter my nonenglish sentences and get to an good result, where ACW doesn't give me an output at all.

Conlusion: I think ACW is in front by small amount to WAC, except for nonenglish content creation, there WAC has the lead.