Skip to content

SER & Tiers

Comments

• ronron SERLists.com
    :-c
  • Now that I have started I have 2 doubts.

To create T1A you can duplicate T1 change the engines and check "Use verified links from T1" change some other stuff like number ok links , but Anchors & Keywords  & all the content to the fields (titles, descriptions) the rest remains the same correct ? 

From the diagram, building links with GSA SER directly to money site and T1A build backlinks to the verified links from T1 , right ?  How then you build High PR blogs ? You manually select the verified links and out of GSA SER , like PBN posts etc, do that ? 
    Or, T1 is web2.0 properties that you create and you don't build links directly to the money site but to this buffer layer (manual web2.0) and than you can build high pr posts linking to this buffer layer ? 

• ronron SERLists.com
    edited May 2014
    @kiosh - I try to keep the 'anchor theme' the same in lower tiers as that just reinforces that those properties and links are about the same topic. So I keep all that stuff the same. I may cut back and eliminate naked URL and generic as I am not trying to rank, and I want as much 'anchor identification' to happen as possible.

You have to be very picky these days about what you link directly to the moneysite. A lot of people would recommend that maybe it is best to handpick the best possible links and build them manually. Then add them into SER as a T1 and then automate everything below it. PBN's are a perfect example where a lot of people build those in something like Rankwyz or FCS and then import them into SER T1. I think you are getting the idea. 
  • edited May 2014
    @ron Again thanks for your detailed answers :)

Anchors makes totally sense 

I'm doing same tests building directly to the money site, risky but need to try it ou.
    Yeah makes total sense . It depends on the keyword but for a T1 how many of this web2.0 (buffer layer) would you suggest ? Or instead of having a lot is better to have less but with more content ? 

I was searching about Rankwyz and FCS. Do you use it ? 

Before you mention that for brand new domains you would do (depending on the niche, keyword etc) 30 submissions per day .. you mean directly to the money site ? or directly to this web2.0 ? 
    Thanks
  • edited May 2014
    "You have to be very picky these days about what you link directly to the moneysite. A lot of people would recommend that maybe it is best to handpick the best possible links and build them manually."

I agree with @ron

T1 now for  me is manual PBN links with main keyword anchor text and high PA/DA Web 2.0's from FCS for pillowing out with generic/URL/brand anchor text. I check top 10 comp in Google to see what exact match anchor text % they are ranking with (amongst other things) and control the exact match anchor text on each of my sites accordingly.

T2 is another batch of FCS Web 2.0's and then GSA comes in as T3 now pointing at the FCS Web 2.0's. I use GSA mainly to boost the PA on the Web 2.0's.

May be over kill but I want to protect both the main site and the PBN.
  • @mitch, that doesn't sound like a bad plan, but I would probably look to build a little bit more platform diversity into your tier1.

What you're planning/doing looks a bit unnatural and contrived, and if 'G' were to devalue links from web2s tomorrow your rankings would most likely drop like a stone.

I'm sure Ron will chime in with some more advice, but I'd mix it up a bit.
  • edited May 2014
    @Mitch Thanks for sharing your strategy. I've been searching about FCS and I'm between getting this tool or creating , less but with more content and more customisation, manual web 2.0 

@2Take2 thanks for adding more ideas :)
  • ronron SERLists.com
    Other great properties for T1 are document sharing, video sharing, and in general, more difficult properties (typically manually made links) where you can't make a zillion links at the push of a button. I think you guys have the right idea.
  • @ron Thanks . Yeah I can't say for experience but I would prefer to do a few good ones that do zillions of them with spun content, get some deleted loose all the backlinks already created etc. 

Right now I'll leave FCS for the future and do it manually. Or do you guys prefer to do zillions ? 

(Ron I don't what to take over your thread but continue to add value to it)
  • @ron Do you skip any country/language?
  • ronron SERLists.com

^^Never.

• edited May 2014
    @ron Do you check "skip domains appearing ... blacklist."?

Thanks
  • ronron SERLists.com
    Yes, I check that box.
  • edited May 2014
    @mitch, that doesn't sound like a bad plan, but I would probably look to build a little bit more platform diversity into your tier1.

@2Take2 I do use a collection of other sources to mix up the backlink profile, I wasn't trying to give a definitive Tier 1 tutorial just a sharing of my general strategy. But appreciate the point you raise and it does need to be covered. 

I have been using FCS for over a year now and it has become an integral part of my backlinking. Over that time I have built up a set of Web 2.0's with a PA of 40+ and they have become my elite set that I keep for posting at Tier 1  level. To me they have effectively replaced my PBN; I just don't like the idea of spending $100's on domains and then have the PR/value wiped out at one fell swoop by Google. 

Interested to hear what everyone else thinks on Web 2.0's vs PBN. :)
  • @Mitch Great. But one problem I had with Web 2,0's were always that many of the posts (as its spun content and not readable, often checked by mods or some sort of automatic spam detection) were deleted or removed.

Do you face this problem? Do you use spun content for it?
  • @Mitch good point about PBNs dude. The cost is what's put me off doing it. Having been paying for blog posts on other people's PBNs, I can't see the benefit. Need to test more but my web 2.0s are doing a grand job as it is. Is FCS that good? 
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited May 2014
    I agree with using web2.0's as a PBN. It's kind of a no brainer as you start out with a very high DA. Of course you need to hit it hard with links to build up the PA.

@Pratik - On these properties I always use Article Builder or The Leading Article spins as they read superbly - they read as good as anything I can write. You will never get flagged for those spins.
  • 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited May 2014
    @mitch, glad to hear that you're using other platforms mate, just thought I'd point it out just in case. :-)

Don't get me wrong, I use web2s as part of my strategy too, but IMO compared to the ranking power you get from a network of decent blogs they pale in comparison.

Personally, I would be more worried about google devaluing my web2 network than my blogs, as in my experience provided you take a few steps the pr normally sticks (although I put more weight on other metrics than toolbar PR).

Either way, provided you don't lose the backlinks that are pointing at them, then there's nothing really to worry about IMO.

@JudderMan, I see your point, but I look at buying the domains as an investment, because whatever happens you will still be able to sell them for substantially more than what you paid for them if you ever wanted to.

For me the 'expense' is just the hosting, but when you consider that, for example, FCS is $35 per month (?), you could use the same outlay to buy enough different shared hosting to build a meaningful PBN that will almost certainly provide you with much more value.

At least that's the way I see it anyway.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    Now if you have a PBN where you also have PR, then you are talking. That is the most ideal situation: High PA, High DA, High PR. Then make some money. But the fastest, cheapest and simplest way to get the ball rolling is the web2.0 network - just to get started on the cheap. Then graduate. And/or buy links.
  • @ron Both the networks you mentioned are human readable high spun articles I think? And new ones are added every day too I believe to make sure not many people use it?

Cheers and thanks a lot for the tip!
  • What is FCS?

And is it definitely not a good idea to use Wicked Article Creator or Kontent Machine on Tier 1's anymore?
  • @sickaluphhttp://www.fcsnetworker.com/ 

Yeah good point about them being an investment. If I was going to be petty I'd say that you never own a domain, only rent it for x amount of years, :) but I'm not petty. I prefer to buy aged/high DA domains and create affiliate sites out of them rather than pool their power together. Just seems like a lot of work and I am trying to use the Pareto principle at the moment...the daily decrease, not the daily increase. :)

Lazy in other words. 
  • @Judderman, LOL fair play mate, and I agree, it's always better to do as little as you can possibly get away with. :D
  • edited June 2014
    So great to see this thread is still alive.

There's a question I have. When building a tiered link structure like the one shown on page 1, do you guys bother sending your secondary links to indexing services?
    Right now I guess that would work for me, because I have few and small projects, but on a larger scale I can't really imagine that this would work out.

What's your opinion on that @ron ?
  • ronron SERLists.com

@Tixxpff - Those may be the most important ones to index. It is your backlinks that have the largest impact on getting a link above it indexed.

If your second tier is heavily indexed, it almost assures that your T1 will be indexed. In short, sending your T2 to an indexer is at least as important as sending your T1 to an indexer.

• @ron
    I was actually talking about the secondary links (kitchen sink) not the contextual tiered links themselves. They go straigth to the indexer (I actually double index them using GSA Indexer + another indexing service).

Or are you referring to secondary links?
  • ronron SERLists.com

@Tixxpff - I was actually referring to all T2 and T2A.

T2 by definition are not indexed as they are brand new links, so of course it is critical to get them indexed.

The built in advantage with T2A is that most of those junk links are already indexed. And if you think about it, SER had to find them by scraping search results, so by definition most are indexed in Google already. The ones that are not indexed were found in other search engines and not present in the Google index. With that in mind...

The last time I checked, T2A links were about 2/3 to 3/4 already-indexed. So I'm just trying to get help get the rest of them indexed just to help myself out. 

• Hi @ron, do you have a bigger image of your tiers as shown in the first post? Can't see what's in each of them as it is too small. Thanks.

• ronron SERLists.com
    @qwiz - I think you need glasses, lol. You can click on the image, and it might slightly magnify to full size, but I believe that it is as big as it gets.
  • Hey @ron what do you recommend for T1 Web 2.0

I have WordAI Turing (with Kontent Machine) but I'm looking also at Article Builder.

Which one do you suggest?

I see that Article Builder reads very good while WordAI Turing.... hmmm not so much.

Thanks.