Skip to content

SER & Tiers

Comments

• ronron SERLists.com
    You have to experiment whether it matters. I thought it did, and I have evidence that it works either way.
  • @ron do you use a link indexer service ? If yes how many days do you use for drip feeding ? 
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @justice - Yes I do. I have it set to dump everything in the index service immediately.

The reason is that I have set my linkbuilding limits to 'drip' the exact number of links i want to build each day.

So if I say in a T1 to build 10 links per day, then that is how many links I want indexed in a day. If I want less, I set the projects to less.

Otherwise, why would you care about the drip part of indexing, right?
  • Hi Ron  usually you set the limit by submitted or by verified?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    By submitted per day. You just have to figure out the approximate verifieds you get for the number of submitteds you make.
  • What link indexer service are you currently using @ron ?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    I use the Incredible Indexer, and a couple people on my team use the Instant Link Indexer. I think all the vendors that offer indexing services here are really good guys, and all have good services. I would take a look at all of them (there are at least three), and make whatever decision is best for you.
  • Totally agree with you @ron I am doing the same myself.. 

Can you share the number of submitted you are sending to the indexer service that works for you right now ?? 

I have tested this a little bit myself and i found that about 150 submitted links per domain and per tier looks pretty safe at the moment for me..

I use express indexer and this amount gives me about 80 new verified links per domain and per tier... 

• What are the differences between running GSA SER without a link indexer and with a link indexer?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited April 2014

@sickaluph - It's a huge difference. Making links means nothing if they are not indexed - as they are invisible as far as ranking goes.

Not more than a few months ago you couldn't get links indexed without paying a lot of money for very few links getting indexed. Now the guys here on the forum offer really nice indexing services for cheap. And they can handle a lot of links.

So do your homework and get on board. It is very important to get your links indexed.

• ronron SERLists.com
    edited April 2014

@justice - Sorry I missed your question somehow. It's not so much the amount of indexing but rather how many links you are making per day and how old the website is.

When I run projects, everything goes into indexing - I use several vendors. But everything goes in that day. I don't drip or anything like that.

I control how many links I make - that is the key. And I assume that most will be indexed. So I plan accordingly. Therefore its not about controlling the back-end (the indexing). I control the front-end and everything else takes care of itself. 

• steelbonesteelbone Outside of Boston
    Well said ron

I use lindexed, the incredible indexer and express indexer.....

Help big g find your shit.....
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited April 2014
    @steelbone - I used Lindexed for years but dropped them when the boys fired up the indexing services here. After all, Lindexed is a crawling service. I personally would save the $25 per month on that.
  • steelbonesteelbone Outside of Boston
    Yes on crawling service...I do only pay 17.99....but i was looking to drop one since i have 3...so that will be the one :)
  • ronron SERLists.com
    Yeah - smart move. Put that toward something else that can help you out...
  • I'm a bit confused when I see steelbone mention that he uses 3 different indexers... isn't there 1 indexing app that can index all your links?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    He uses multiple services. You can stick in many different API's in the Main Options for multiple indexers. It is more out of choice than necessity. But it isn't a bad strategy - especially if you have more than one VPS or server going.
  • Its ok @ron that you missed the question.. Thanks for the answer..

Very smart of you to control the 1st stage(making of the links)..

I am just trying to figure out how hard i can i hit a website with links..

From my tests i can see that it is ok to throw 400 links to a pr3 4 year old domain but i cant find that number for new domains...

Also if you are targeting a niche with many searches per month you will have to wait forever till you get to 1st page...
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @justice - These days with G it is very hit or miss (and a lot more miss lately). I always believe in escalation and acceleration of links. You can't really do that if you start big. Plus I am a pretty patient person.

New domains require common sense. New domains don't get a zillion links per day out of the gate. Totally unnatural unless it goes viral. Which is essentially the underpinning of the churn and burn. So I would start at 5-10 per day in week 1, and gradually escalate from there. I honestly believe that is your best chance at making it stick.
  • I've been using this tiered strategy for awhile without any indexing and have actually had some pretty decent results... so if I start using an indexer my results should be even better?

After looking through some indexers I am not sure which one to go with... is GSA SEO Indexer good enough to get the job done?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited April 2014
    @sickaluph - I started with that, but I always had Lindexed going in the background (both are closer to being crawling services in effectiveness to be honest). GSA Indexer is lightning fast, but one issue is that it will suck all of the oxygen out of your internet connection (if you are doing big volumes like me). So if you are using it on the same VPS or server as SER+CB, you are going to cripple the speed of SER.

Having said all that, if I was on a budget and just starting out, and basically had no money, I would get GSA Indexer in a New York second. No hesitation.

However, the internet has gotten a lot bigger, and it is getting very difficult to index backlinks. Much, much more difficult. And you need those backlinks indexed to rank. So I would honestly evaluate all of the index providers and settle in with somebody you are comfortable with.

I try not to recommend any one in particular as it is my position that competition and choices are very important to us as a community. Look at how many problems people have with VPS's and Dedi's. So my feeling is the more choices the better. Let the market sort out the good from the bad. All the indexing guys have happy customers.

But I would definitely use indexing. 
  • @ron - Thank you for all you're doing for us, even the quiet ones :)

btw, I'd throw this at you if you haven't seen it already: http://www.ted.com/talks/barry_schwartz_on_the_paradox_of_choice
  • ronron SERLists.com

@Ferryman, You are very welcome.

That had to be one of the most interesting videos I ever watched in my entire life. I know there is a message in there for me, lol. Seriously, that was very deep. I may not be able to sleep now. I was captivated with every sentence. Wow. Thanks! (and bookmarked)

• @ron, you're welcome :) It also has implications on your list sale - e.g. if you ever though of expanding the number of lists available at the same time (like adding a green list for example) OR if you ever thought of recommending a certain list to people to lower the choices they have to make and as result increase margin (e.g. making the red list more prominent than the blue list or having introduced a third list making one of the three a "most popular"). Ok, sorry, got sidetracked, I'll just stop here before things get out of hand, lol ...
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited April 2014
    @Ferryman - Alright, stop this. I must get to bed. ROFL. Neo only had two choices, two trips. Imagine the choices he had in college hehehehe.
  • Thanks @ron for the answer.. 

You say that you are doing big volumes of links.. Have you got many projects - domains ?? 
  • Thank you Ron for all your help.  I just purchased GSA Indexer and am going to see how it goes with that.
  • Ron,

How do you setup the side links in a project.  I'm a newbie - I understand using tier 1 links in tier to and tier 2 in tier 3 but I don't understand the diagram with the targets off to the side.  I know this is academic to you but can you help me out.  How would I set this up?
  • the only difference between tier 2 links pointing to tier 1 and the sidelinks pointing to tier 1 is that tier 2 is contextual and the side liks of tier 1 are just additional links of other kinds.
  • ronron SERLists.com

@vlalston - The purpose of the diagram was to clearly show you a few things:

1) The contextual tiers are stacked underneath one another and intended to be kept separate from junk

2) People always make the mistake of jumbling (contextuals + junk) in the same tier, and then underneath that they then build junk to junk.

There is never a point in wasting precious resources to build junk to junk. Build contextual to contextual, build junk to contextual - but don't build junk to junk - waste of linkbuilding.