Skip to content

My results so far using - GSA + ACW, TBS,

Comments

• davbeldavbel UK
    edited July 2013
    P1 for a 12k exact term where the adwords clicks are about £25-£30 and affiliate commissions are more than double...

Also only using SER as well as a few brain cells, so call me old fashioned or perhaps even a tad out of date, but I'd have to disagree with the statement "SEO is dead"
  • SER = rank fast die fast lol
  • ronron SERLists.com

Everything is on a shorter timeline since last year. You do rank faster. And you do die faster.

Do not get emotionally involved with your websites.   [-X

• edited July 2013
    Alright, so here I go. After doing a test project (first project), I pointed out the mistakes to myself that I made. Second project is with few big search terms (>55,000 exact match for main term) so it's not ranking yet.

But, here's some interesting stuff. I made a one pager website some 7 days back and started SER project around 6 days ago. The project is focused on TWO main keywords, each with exact searches per month of over 15,000.

Today, when I saw, I was surprised, the first keyword is ranking on 3rd page, and the second keyword on the second page. It's been ONLY 6 days.

Haven't made any money yet as the update just rolled out today, but hoping to make a few bucks in 3-4 days when I get both on first page if possible or on the top position on the second page.

So those saying SEO is dead, nope. Don't target low ball keywords that won't make you any money. At the same time, if you plan to yield good results faster, don't go for a higher competition keyword. I'm understanding now that SEO is mainly a big game of keywords. Do your homework. Focus on long tail keywords and you'll see traffic sprouting from variety of keywords. It is better to target a bit lower searched long tail keyword (with lower competition, however, not talking about extremely lower ones like less than 2000 as my first site had it and I didn't make a penny) and make few bucks rather than having complex for badass high competition keyword that won't make you a penny.

Just my two cents.

I'd like to thank guys like @ron and LeeG who helped me on various steps, especially Ron, thanks a lot.

So yes, SEO works, and SER works too, if you use it wisely and smartly and apply at CORRECT area.
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    @komakino or just change your KWs...
  • edited July 2013
    rodol  3..2..1.. to 1..2..3

1. Bookmarked 5 pages of the site drip feed 10 per day, 200 AGED accounts.(i  feed those accounts  daily with random stuff).
    2. 14-18 Web 2 for each page, (SERengine type). None original content as i said before i am lazy, copy paste from other sources include source add my link and some related links USED ONLY GENERIC terms no keywords. (important i have those properties sometime know they have a lot of content in several unrelated niches)
    3. Run SER, one project per page (5), tier 1, tier 2(duplicate of tier one) using only contextual links, USED 80% KEYWORDS and 20% URL. All set to 200 submissions per day. No effort for indexing initially, I start indexing 6 weeks after the setting up the projects. 
    Results so far, 4 of the pages are ranking as follow 6,11,17,19 the other one is nowhere to be found. (maybe i miss typed the URL in the project) :D
    Please be advised that i really still don't know what i am doing, i am just experimenting.

• ronron SERLists.com
    edited July 2013

Your welcome @Pratik. Ranking is always a big deal when you first get started, but once you get that under your belt, there are more important things. believe it or not.

Set up a little spreadsheet and keep track of the unique daily visitors, and the number of clicks you get to affiliate offers each day. This is where the money is made:

CTR (Click Through Rate) - Your goal is to increase the % of click-through (CTR) to your offers. Ideally you want to be at 20% or higher. So if you have 100 visitors, and you get 20 clicks to offers, you have a 20% CTR.

CR (Conversion Rate) - The other thing you want to track is of all the clicks you have, how many sales have you made. If you can't get 1 sale out of 100 clicks (a 1% conversion rate) - then replace that offer with a better offer, or get out of that market because it sucks. Frankly a 1% conversion rate is not great, but if you have high keyword volumes it can still make you a bundle. Try to make a minimum of $25 per sale to make it worth your time.

When you put all of this together you begin to realize the math, pure and simple. If 100 clicks only gets you one sale (for a $25 profit), that is a 1% CR (conversion rate). In order to get 100 clicks, you need 500 visitors per day (which implies 20% of visitors clicked through for a 20% CTR). Therefore, you need 500 visitors per day to make $25/day.

At face value, these numbers suck, right? 500 visitors = $25. Here are four easy solutions to make all of this worth your while:

1) Multiple Websites - Stick up 20 websites focusing on all different niches, products or keywords. Let's say 10 fail, and 10 succeed. Now let's assume you get an average of 200 visitors per day per successful website. Using the CR-CTR example above where 500 visitors = $25, you are now at 2,000 visitors = $100 per day. That's $3,000 per month - you are almost making a full-time living just because you made 10 money sites.

2) Increase CTR - Let's say you fiddle with where your clickable links are, or you just made your site more pleasing to the eye, or you wrote better articles or reviews, or whatever. The bottom line is that you improved your websites, and now you have more clicks. Now your CTR is 30%. You went from 20% clicks on 2000 visitors (400 clicks per day) to 30% clicks on 2000 visitors (600 clicks per day). Your income just increased from $100 per day to $150 per day => you just increased your income 50%. You now make $4500 per month.

3) Increase CR - You have gotten better at recognizing strong sales copy for affiliate offers, and you also recognize poor sales copy for affiliate offers. You replace the shitty offers with strong offers. Now your average conversion rate is 2% instead of 1%. This means you are now selling twice as much each day as you were selling before. Now you are making $9,000 per month. You have cracked six figures per year, But you are not done.

4) Increase Profit Per Sale - Now you have become more experienced and realize that for the same amount of work, you could be offering products that pay $50 per sale instead of $25 per sale. You just doubled your pay, and now you make $18,000 per month.

Summary - The Point: Rankings are great. LPM is great. Verified links are great. But none of it means anything unless you focus on how to make money. Rankings does not equal money. That is only the first step. But once you are there ranking, you have at least four things I listed above that can help you make a lot of money. Once you get past the rankings part of this game, then the real game begins. So buckle your seat and prepare to work hard. You can make a ton of money. All you have to do it get better at every part of the process. Small improvements in each part listed above can make a massive difference in your income. So it's time to get to work.

• @ron

Thanks a lot. Really appreciate.

I've been a webmaster since 4 years or so, hence I'm well aware of many of those terms. Just got into BH SEO recently to have a good flow of income.

I've skim read an initial paragraph, will read the full in the morning.

Appreciate it!
  • ronron SERLists.com

No problem. Maybe it can help others who are newer, or who never gave any of this much thought.

• davbeldavbel UK
    edited July 2013
    @ron I've been on this forum and using SER for more than 8 or 9 months now and I'm still amazed at what you give to newbs for free.

If you were British, I'd be petitioning the Queen to give you an MBE for services to the SER community :D

If any of you are new to this then you could do far worse than read every single post @ron has made - including this one which I think is the first one I've seen him swear in...
  • thanks @ron for those CTR and CR explanation, you answered some doubts i had
  • Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    @davbel I think@ron is British, isn't he?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    Nope, U.S. I want to be British just because I like calling everybody mate, lol.
    @ron ow lol, I thought you were one of us! Lo0o0L
    edited July 2013
    @ron Ron what's in your SEO ranking arsenal kit if you don't mind me asking? Like what tools do you use on a daily basis to get ranked and how long does it take on average to get to rank 1 or first page..
  • @ron

Now I read your post completely. Really inspiring. I'm always learning new things from you daily.

So thanks a ton for some of the great tips.

Each post you make on this forum is a tutorial indeed, lol. I very much commend what @davbel said.
  • Perhaps I should add: keep testing new SEO strategies. If you manage to increase your chances from 50% to 60%, reaching the first page of SERP 6 out of 10, then it's an extra 10%... on top of the CTR and CR.

The profit is much larger too because once the resources are used to build a site, they are used.
  • @ron thanks for your share
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    edited July 2013
    u wot m8

(Sorry)

I've noticed if you click on someones profile and hover over the flag the ALT text tells you their location, or possible nearest town :-S
  • Btw...I've a concerning question.

What are the views of the guys here about having all sites in the same Google Analytics account? I think Google is smart, and if it caught a website in a wave of update, all the other sites, more or less, might get slapped too.

Anyone got any views to share about it? I fear this very much and was planning to separate things out.
  • hmm in this case install PiWiK on your server and dont use google spy analytics ,)
  • piwik rulez
  • And hide the url footprint of your piwik server.
  • ronron SERLists.com

I would never, ever, use google analytics.

You should get Clicky (which is superior anyway), and you won't regret it. Only use it on your good moneysites, and use something free like statcounter on brand new sites. If the new sites start to succeed, then move them to Clicky.

• edited July 2013
    @spunko2010 Looks like the irony in my post wasn't obvious.
  • edited July 2013
    @ron Oh damn. I assume then using GA has greater chance to get slapped?

I love GA's interface though. But I think I have to try clicky in order to avoid the ban wave.
  • Just saw free plan of clicky kinda sucks.

What are your views about piwik? I personally am liking it from first sight.
  • edited July 2013
    Alright, I am going to install piwik and try out. Looks good.

@sawa73 And how would I hide that footprint exactly?

Did you meant install piwik for each domain separately? What should be best?
  • >And how would I hide that footprint exactly?
    http://bit.ly/12USybC
  • Got it like a minute ago.

Thanks