Skip to content

Who really want the WEB 2.0 working properly?

Comments

• OzzOzz
    edited February 2013
    if you can do this faster and better than go ahead. complaining about a service that didn't give an ETA as far as i know looks pretty lame to me.
    and it should be in your interest that everything is working right from the start instead of running with broken scripts. patience is the key!
  • Well,  that is exactly the problem.  Do I go ahead and venture into this and get my own coders etc etc.  Or do I sit around and wait for this to be released?  

I'm kinda stuck at the moment.  cause If I wait for this and nothing ever comes of it.  Well than I lost out on a lot of time.   While If I don't wait and go ahead and pursue getting my own coders and than this comes out and is fantastic well I will prolly lose out on a lot of money. ;/
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Hunar - send me a PM. I have an idea.
  • @GG - Are you thinking about crowd sourcing this effort? If so, I'm in. I'm sure some others would be to.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @scp - thinking of getting a couple of people together to try and organise a few things. 
  • been running for days and 0 submission
  • Ozz, why complaining is a pretty lame?   if so, i apology for that. 
  • i not only complaint, but also appreciate his effort. i do not know if JAMESE forget this project. i will start the script now. any one can help with it, please pm me, i will give me free update for web2.0 site.  i would like to know which platform should add and which web2.0 site not worth to update currently. thanks.
  • to thanks to gsa and one help me i 'd like to give first 30 free life time update. 
  • awint Look at the first page of this thread... it has all the web2.0 listed
  • yes, but some of them are javascript , need to look into. 
    but first i need to focus on web20 that gsa support currently, right?  
    what is current success rate for that?  which site just dead. which site does not allow register etc.
    i can check all this also, but just check if anyone already know those to save my time to speed up the update. 
  • and i need help with gsa engine too. i look into engine folder and know mostly, but still need some help with it because some tricky there. 
  • Has Jamese released any info on the cost of this service? One time or re-occurring? I'd really like to know something soon, as I will develop my own tool if I don't agree with the price points.
  • no, he hasn't released a price point or anything of the sort.  It is being updated though.  If you go into the options -> Advanced and click update next to the api key you can see which engines are being added.  but i'm guessing that's just for the beta testers. 

but i know a lot of people are getting tired of waiting.  And are starting to look into developing their own.  So hopefully Jamese is gonna release it soon. :)
  • waiting for this James from long time any update on this?
  • can anyone share me the web2.0 list GSA fail to register?  Currently GSA suport 97 engine. i want to collect multiply reply from different users.
  • have asked 3,4 times, those doing beta testing,hows it, success etc , pls give info, and any update when will be launch finally ?
  • i have fix my the first engine, first one is always memorable.

https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/2496/post-data#Item_9   i will fix most web2.0 very soon, maybe in a week. if someone can help with it, will be great.
  • edited March 2013
    awint

I am willing to help... just not sure how difficult it is? If there was a way to crowd source this so 30-40 committed guys each did say 5 web 2.0s then you could maintain 200 (if there was even that many you wanted to do) Need a way for a number of guys to keep it all updated easily. Of course they would have to update their sites and keep them working.

Sven Is that possible if we can get enough GSA SER guys together?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I don't think there are that many people who care to learn this script coding.
  • subscribed and waiting...

who is going to come out with a solution first ;)

it think it's LAUNCH TIME SOON
  • edited March 2013
    ranknow  it is not difficult if you are link builder.  i want someone help with register and post tricky.  for example:
    1, some site have some kind of anti-spam , try to find the rule and we can try train gsa to bypass it.
    2, some need to do something first so that you can post.
    3, some site just not allow post or in problem technologly to fail to send activation email.
    4, some sites share some kinds of spam database, so one site  flag you as spam, all other platform will fail automatically if you not change ip, email etc.
    just have in my brain right now. if i have someone help with such thing,  definitely speed up update. 

Anyone want to test fixed engine?  please send me email to gsaengine@163.com if you interested.  because fixed engine work here may not work you there. i will send you updated engine and you reply with test result.    btw, i fix the second engine, it is just funny work to me. :-)
  • Thanks for working on the engines Awint. It truly is appreciated. :)
  • edited March 2013
    Hunar welcome.
    I would take monthly fee to cover my cost,  is that ok for you all. but i will give it for free for a month to test.

but first thing you all need to check, someone said almost no web2.0 work in gsa, it maybe captcha problem, please use de-captcher etc to test the web2.0 engine. Here, about 50% web2.0  work.
  • When you say "here, about 50% web 2.0 work" where here do you reffer to?
  • Hi Awint,

I would like to help, I am a developer in my normal job. I tried to code some engines for myself already, however, there are several aspects of GSA script that I don't understand... Maybe we should chat in private...
  • JamesJames SEREngines.com
    Drum roll please..

Planning on releasing "hopefully" next week... Now we are partly integrated with GSA SER and everything is stable, we can focus 100% on those last few web2.0 engines!

The most time consuming thing was getting this API together to deliver the updates.. Both Sven has been busy with CB's release and myself getting the web2.0 update API happening.

As you can see now in the advanced settings of GSA SER (Thanks @Sven !)  is where new subscribers will put their SEREngines.com API key and will receive the latest version of our engines. This means as soon as we detect an issue with the engine we fix it and push the update.

There is still a few integration things @Sven needs to do when he has the time, but this won't stop the launch, but hopefully we can align the both!

And yes @awint some web2.0's are tricky, I would love to chat with you and see where your GSA SER scripting level is at. I know I have bugged Sven for countless hours learning things and to be honest, it is an intelligent engine. Yes it is socket based (which we all love) so there are javascript "workarounds" which need to be done and is all part of the fun.

Thanks @Ozz for setting things straight.. I also invite as many people as possible to get right into the GSA SER scripting engine because at the end of the day we all need web2.0's including myself which is why I started this venture (not to make "bank") and the reason for the subscription cost is these engines take A LOT of time to build and maintain which all new web2.0 engine coders should consider before offering "lifetime updates" and "I will have all engines working in a week".

Once everything is rolling, new engines will be released every week, existing engines will be checked and maintained daily (our api has a reporting feature, so failures are reported to us.. yet to be implemented into GSA SER)..

Our number 1 aim is to provide a quality service because I would rather not take a cent from GSA users if we can't provide this. Sure, I expect some minor issues at launch - this is normal - but what sets all software/services apart is the after sales support which is what we are all used to because of @Sven
  • That's great news @Jamese :-)
    Any idea of costs as yet?
  • good news, let us know the monthly payment, so we can prepare our budget.
  • I would like to subscribe. why not launch now with the working properties? You don't need 25-30 sites at first, just launch with 5-10...