Skip to content

Who really want the WEB 2.0 working properly?

Comments

• Awesome news , I would like to get an idea of the costs as well?
  • edited March 2013
    JAMESE"Our number 1 aim is to provide a quality service because I would rather not take a cent from GSA users if we can't provide this."

Yes, agreed. As there are already tools like SeNuke and Ultimate Demon which can create Web 2.0s with varying degrees of success, GSA needs to go to the next level if you want paying subscribers. 

And to provide a quality service (which people would pay for), what I'd suggest is that each platform you complete needs to be able to:
    1) complete a full user profile, with name, address, birth day, occupation, hobbies, interests, biography, profile picture, etc. (whatever fields are available in each Web 2.0)
    2) delete default (hello world) posts and default pages, as in wordpress.com
    3) create multiple posts on each web 2.0 blog, at pre-defined scheduled intervals. For example, input 5 spun articles into GSA SER, and post to the selected (e.g. 20) Web 2.0's once a week for 5 weeks (or on pre-set dates). GSA SER would after posting, save the blog post URLs.
  • OzzOzz
    edited March 2013
    1-2) could be possible
    3) not possible if Sven doesn't add such a feature. remember that the service isn't a standalone software. it just updates the scripts automatically if i'm not wrong. so it depends on what SER can do and what not.
  • JamesJames SEREngines.com
    Pricing available soon..

"Yes, agreed. As there are already tools like SeNuke and Ultimate Demon which can create Web 2.0s with varying degrees of success, GSA needs to go to the next level if you want paying subscribers. "

SENUKE and UD do have web2.0s at a very high price point if only utilizing those pieces of software solely for web2.0s

1 and 2 are possible within GSA and the plan after release is to optimize each engine and also listen to client requests and feedback.

3. will not be possible with GSA, but hopefully @Sven can come up with something to accommodate that and we would be more than willing to modify the web2.0 engines to suit. You can however post multiple times to the same blog by exporting/importing the account information for the web2.0s. All though not as "set and forget" as you would like it.

Ozz is correct "so it depends on what SER can do and what not."
  • edited March 2013
    Thanks Ozz and Jamese.

"SENUKE and UD do have web2.0s at a very high price point if only utilizing those pieces of software solely for web2.0s"

UD has a reasonable price point if you have a lifetime license and consider it has multi platform (including Web 2.0's) support and regular updates. The service that's being discussed here is just for Web 2.0's.

"1 and 2 are possible within GSA and the plan after release is to optimize each engine and also listen to client requests and feedback."
    Feedback has already been given. Will you provide this support and if so, when?

"3. will not be possible with GSA,"

Ok, but you would think any quality Web 2.0s service would want to users to create quality tier 1's and tier 2's with a high stick rate. My point was that single post Web 2.0 blogs stand out like a sore thumb for any Web 2.0's that are moderated so have more chance of being deleted.

If there is a workaround to 3) (due to GSA SER limitations) to allow multi posting, then this should be tested and it also needs to be detailed in your instructions/manual.

• @JackSparrow

Currently , you can do multi posting on any site using SER if you untick the option " Avoid posting URL on same domain twice ". Just untick that option and use highly spun Articles / titles and you will get multiple posts on the same web2.0 site.

The problem is that SER sometimes go crazy and post 50/70 posts on the same domain per day!!!. That's why I hope that @Sven adds a new feature to limit the number of posts on the same domain. I guess this feature is a must to make SER usable for web2.0 submissions.

Something like this :

So we can control how many posts are submitted on the same web2.0 site per day OR per all time. This feature is a must IMO.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    Very smart suggestion @mamadou +1
  • I like that one too @mamadou +1 makes good sense
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited March 2013

And posting without URL as that is extremely important with a first post especially.

Once you stick in a link, then you will probably want a bunch more posts without links after that as well.

• Just expressing another user's thoughts.. love the idea, can't wait for it to go live..

I'm in.

• edited March 2013
    yes there are some great web 2.0 that insta delete your post if there is a anchor or url within the content
  • ronron SERLists.com

If people are going to go through all this trouble to get web 2.0's to work, then SER absolutely must be able to put up articles without a link.

Otherwise it will be pointless..at least for the majority of web 2.0's that are human moderated.

• JAMESE  how many engine are waiting to update?  i can do some work for it.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @mamadou - +1 for that suggestion! 

I  yesterday had it disabled to test and it did so many posts on same domains! @Sven - would it be possible to limit this like mamadou suggested?
  • +1 for this. Post 1st article with no link, leave 7-8 days then log in, post link as anchor. Would be super if SER could do that :)
  • edited March 2013
    +1 to mamadou's approach for scheduling. I'd suggest that option is Web 2.0 or article directory specific.

ron's suggestion of posting without URL, could be handled if mamadou's suggestion is implemented as follows:

1. Create a project: Blog post #1: Input a spun article with no links. Select:
    Avoid posting on same domain twice: Uncheck, and;
    Only posts a max of 1 post in all time: Checked.
    2. Create a project: Blog post #2: Input a spun article with links. Select:
    Avoid posting on same domain twice: Uncheck, and;
    Only posts a max of 1 post in all time: Checked.
    ...and so on

• trying to access serengines.com and getting default web page. How can I sign up for API key?
  • @Mitch You cannot get the API key yet as the service hasn't launched yet.  They are in Beta right now and will hopefully be launching soon. 

• edited March 2013
    @JackSparrow

Currently , If you post an Article with no links , SER will detect it and post your links automatically. @Ron's suggestion is to have another new feature to disable the Automatic insertion of links. Something like this :

Hint : Currently you can do this manually by editing these 2 files in the engines directory :

auto_anchor-article.dat
    auto_anchor.dat

Remove the links macros from the 2 files :

<a href="%url%">%anchor_text%</a>
    {%url%|%url_domain%%url_path%}

Now save the 2 files and you will get some posts with no links at all.

Didn't try it before , but I guess it should work perfectly.

• ronron SERLists.com
    edited March 2013

Hey @mamadou, I don't mess with engine files, but that was very important to know. Thanks.

I think it is still better to have a check box as you diagrammed, because SER updates will write over changes you make to the engines. I don't want to spend my life editing engine files after every update.

• edited March 2013
    @Ron

Yeah , I agree that messing with engine files after each update is a pain in the neck. And with the mass updates from Sven it's a nightmare!. I never edit them though.
  • edited March 2013
    hmm don't call them mess @mamadou before i did all this seo stuff i was a developer and coded software to control factories .. so i know it's a pain in the a$$ to improve the software, fix bugs, keep an overview although the source gets bigger and bigger and you already forget some parts of it ,) ... and then tons of requests that have to be done too.
    Yeah that updates are a bit stressy .. but maybe @sven could change to hidden updates (if its only some engines stuff is updated and not the app core it self, so it has to be restarted) like in the software Ad Muncher for example.
    Else i must say i am so happy i bought SER a long while ago .. long before the forum was here.. and i struggled with buying some other SEO soft ..but since GSA is a german company ,) and that means real quality for me .. instead of a lot of that usa guys that put out lousy apps just to make money ,) .. and it is a one time fee for a treasure chest of gold ,) .. @sven is a great dev .. with "old school" native C++ coding skills :=)

•  @KayKay

I didn't say "mess" though. I said "mass" updates which means a lot of great almost daily updates and I love them. The thing is you can't just keep editing the engine files everyday after each update!. Whenever I need a new option I just wait for it until it's out from the huge generous to-do list that sven has.
  • oh lol big sorry @mamadou ;) time to sleep i read mess doh
  • edited March 2013
    Thanks for your explanation mamadou.

Yes, agree that having an option is better than manually changing files.

Perhaps the check-box could be named (which would be checked by default): 
    "Links inserted automatically (into post)"

• royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    Is this still going ahead -- i get a apache screen when i browse to http://serengines.com
  • it seem fixed
  • many of current web2.0 platform come from the same ip or company, have you notice that?  Many of them was added by Ozz. @Ozz, where are you get those?
  • @awint where what?