Skip to content

SockError: Connection Refused Error

12346»

Comments

• I use Proxy-hub for my proxy, does anyone else?

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    I currently have 5 campaigns running on a dedi that have been running for a few days nonstop. All campaigns are scraping from the SE's at around 50-60LPM for that last couple of days. I know that isn't that high but these are just using SER for the scraping with no lists. 

I normally import lists and get at least 180-200+ LPM no problem.

I'm running 50 shared proxies from proxy-n-vpn
    I'm running an SSD300 dedi package from solidSEOVPS

My proxy settings:

I sort by speed here and remove any proxies above 1.0 MS even if they test as good.

Emails I've been using lately are either Yahoo or MailRU.

CB for primary, Expert Decoders for fallback (I'm sure any decent captcha provider will do ok here)

That's what I'm using and not experiencing any problems with these errors. They pop up through the logs here and there but LPM is steady.

• For what it's worth I tried version 7.51. That thing is a pig! It was eating 99% cpu with 150 threads. I'm using 2  xeon quad core with 12 GB ram. My lpm wasn't great either. I'm running through an older verified list. I was only getting around 40 lpm using 7.51 with 90% cpu usage at 100 threads (got out of memory errors using 200 threads.)

I just upgraded to 8.80 and have 70 - 100 lpm with only 40% cpu using 100 threads. I do see a lot of the socks errors, but the lpm is better. As mentioned earlier I'm not using proxies, so I don't know why I get the socks errors. I think my IP is banned by some sites, but I don't know if that would give a "socks" error.

I recommend that people try lowering your threads a bit. When I use proxies I notice that even dedicated proxies can get hammered quickly. By this I mean the get REALLY SLOW. Try using one of your dedi proxies in your browser while cranking SER. See if you're able to even surf the web.
  • in 1st VPC I am using SER on my proxies purchased from Buy proxy and proxy hub on 60 thread
    using old versiobn bcs of sock error. 7.51 version

2nd pc mine using harvested proxies new version.
    Getting 0 links and many sock error.
  • Can someone tell me how many private proxies per month it is reasonable to buy. One person in this thread mentioned having 50. Is that per month? I am wondering if I should buy private proxies, but I have no idea on how many to buy; it also seems like I have to purchase these per month from the proxy providers. Also, once I have them, I can't figure out how to tell SER to use them. The "Submissions Options" page doesn't seem to have anyplace to import private proxies. It seems to assume that I am only going to use the proxies that SER provides.
    Thanks for any information.
  • bangkokladbangkoklad online
    edited July 2014
    Same
  • I downgraded to v751 and as mentioned previously CPU is a pig but I don't get any socks errors with this version, as soon as I try a newer version I get the error straight away and very low if really any successful links.

So currently v751 is posting successfully for me now and is the only version I can get to work. 
    I was using semi-dedicated proxies from Buyproxies but I don't think these were the issue since testing the different GSA versions. Public proxies also are no good for me other than on v7.51   
    I'm now using Reverseproxies which are working great with v7.51
  • I'm also seeing this message very often! I bought 100 proxies just recently and upped my threads to 500. It was very CPU hungry btw, I'm running it on an AMD Athlon II X4 631 2.60 GHz and 16Gb ram. I thought it might have to do with the many threads or something and lowered them to 100. I still see those messages VERY often.

I have too bought the 100 semis from buyproxies.

So is this somehow related to the proxies or the software? I've always used buyproxies proxies and never saw that message until from recently.

• Anyone can recommend some good proxy provider without those issues?
  • I was getting these errors left and right no matter what proxies I was using... After double checking, triple checking, it turned out to be my list lol.  From what I am seeing this message is basically a more detailed error message telling you that the link could not resolve for whatever reason, either site is down, or the site is too slow or you were blocked etc.... After loading up a new list, all is well.  FYI
  • i have the same error...how to solve it?? my LPM and threads decrease very fast,..now with 5 LPM and 17 threads [i set 300 threads and usually i get more than 30 LPM]..i dont know why ...very strange
  • @indah,

https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/12848/sockerror-connection-refused-is-this-a-proxy-error

zero seems to have found the solution, coz (s)he said, "if you implemented and understood half of what was said, you'd be in good shape."...
  • Thanks Olve. But I have switched to another VPS this afternoon and  it work fine again. I dont know maybe the VPS problem. [although i usually never get issue with this vps].
  • UPDATE : ohhh...i dont know what's going on. It is back again.after run SER for about 30 minutes.  My threads go down to only 9 so that LPM almost zero. Anyone can help me??
  • Sock Error is coming mostly bcs of proxy or website is banned.
    So I found out that there is nothing that Sven can do it is because of our proxy and our list
  • Having the same issue, any updates?
  • edited January 2015

buyproxies has been working well for me, hopefully it stays this way, this problem sounds horrible.