Skip to content

SockError: Connection Refused Error

Comments

• So the issue is not with the proxies but with my configuration i guess?
    @Sven or anyone can you please have a look on my configuration and advise on what i am doing wrong?
    I am using v8.72

• are you guys still seeing this error have you tried 8.74 that is the newest
  • When you  say "Optimization of my network" JustSER, what did you do exactly, are you seeing this is an internal network latency issue that GSA has become more sensitive to?  
  • yeah I just updated mine to 8.74 and the message is still there ;/ I'm beginning to think this has something to do with network setup on top of that I also have high CPU utilization.. are you guys behind some kind of firewall by any chance?
  • I also updated to 8.74 and i have asked my proxies provider for new proxies, and i am still having this error.
  • buyproxies.org by any chance? I did the same swapped my semi dedicated to dedicated but sock error is still there
  • cr4zy1w4n, no i am using solidseovps.com but the strange thing is that @Sven said that he is using the same provider and he do not have any of these errors. so i do not know what the issue can be.
  • I did try this on 2 other computer, completely different network, when i use the proxies in other tool they are working fine but with GSA SER i have this same error on all computers (3 comp). I really can see what i am doing wrong here...

@Sven I really need help with this (it seems that i am not the only one).
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    send some login details in pm and I have a final look.
  • @philrich21, my setup is on an XP pro stand alone dedicated PC (4core 2.6GHz). If running on XP, optimizing is a must. Excellent info and utils can be found here.
    I knew it, but forgot it, anyway. If running latter win versions, IMHO it is not so important - though helpful. Cheers.
  • damn, i still seem to have this error I started it and stopped right away as I saw it. I DONT GET IT. I cant run any campaigns for like a week or more!
  •  I've downgraded to 7.51 and it's also working best for me now, purring like a cat. Only issue now is knowing when to upgrade!

• edited July 2014
    @philrich21,  what about all the other bug fixes that 7.51>7.84 or whatever has fixed? I guess its worth it?
  • also, can someone explain to me how to go about installing an older version over the new one?
  • philrich21

how did you downgrade to 7.51?
  • edited July 2014
    the reason why i was getting the

SockError: Connection Refused Error

was because my proxies were dead! from buyproxies.org. their reminder e-mails were NOT getting through so check at your client area..., mine is now running o.k.

• No.., it didn't work!
    it must be the VPS because i have 2 and i'm now only getting this error on one VPS.
    my VPS is from Solid, anybody else noticed this?
  • what didnt work. what you said right before about new proxies, or downgrading
  • So the only way to solve this issue is to dowload older version (7.51)?
  • itsme

No, i have version 8.75 on both VPS's but the problem appears only on one and not the other.
  • I am seeing a lot of sock error lately too . I use 100 semi dedi an install . Downgrading the only option ?
  • @william88 are those boxes on the same internet connection? 
  • cr4zy1w4n

yes, they are.
    i've had to transfer all my projects from one VPS to another which is now causing out of memory problems.
  • edited July 2014
    I don't know what the hell that might be then :) It's baffling me for last couple of weeks...
    and those projects are running fine on new box? asking just to rule out project settings issue.
    I just installed new network card and the message is still there I will try tweaking some setting now... maybe I will be able to fix it with try and error approach :D
  • now I'm getting even more messages... "connection reset by peer" "connection timed out" and "connection refused"... ;/
  • Can someone explain how to downgrade without losing your files/projects??
  • tsaimllc

it can't be a downgrade because i have 2 at 8.75, one works and the other doesn't. i had to put all my projects on the working one which is now saying "out of memory".
  • i'm scraping proxies alongside my dedicated proxies from buyproxies and its working (in a fashion) but not perfect.., my only thought is, the last time i used scraped proxies i nearly got my VPS banned.
  • edited July 2014
    I am seeing a lot of these: "connection reset by peer" "connection timed out" and "connection refused" lately as well. Really a lot! All the stats are down, barely getting verified links. Using 30 semi dedicated proxies from buyproxies, recently renewed, latest version of SER.
    @Sven SER is barely verifying any links now, need help please!

• I havent used SER in weeks. This is pissing me off!!