Skip to content

SockError: Connection Refused Error

Comments

• FYI I think I might had found part of the issue. Heaps of my proxies were failing on test anonymous url but if i test on google they pass....

Might be related @sven?
  • I have same problems my verifyed droped down a lot. Is there anyway to rollback to a previous version of GSA ?
  • mirenmiren Macedonia
    Go to GSA Search Engine Ranker installation folder and start Search_Engine_Ranker_old.exe That's your previous version of the software.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @harmony22 - I would not use the sort thing. I would just import into a lower level projects with no restrictions or filters and let it process. That's the fastest way.
  • I believe it has to do with the threads. They are getting stuck. When i try and manually decrease them it does not work anymore.
  • I hope this issue will be solved in next update.
  • Im getting this error since a month, tried everything to fix it. It gets very frustrating.. it was called "Download Failed" before.. I set up a new VPS, new proxies, everything, didnt fix it. 80% download failed.
  • I've suddenly had this happen to me today. No matter what I do, whether I reduce the number of threads, test the proxies against Google, it's continuing to give me the dreaded download error problem. I'm not using GSA to search for targets, I'm only using a verified list and it's still returning the problem!

It's actually displaying the error for every attempt. I'm using 30 semi dedicated proxies from buyproxies at 80 threads.

Help!
  • i rolled back my version today. so far, it has definitely made a difference. is till get the SockError, which I expect since Sven change the detail on messaging, and this is fine. But I am getting way less of them now. Plus the performance has gone up. A lot. Not to where is was last week, but noticeably improved. The ONLY change was the version of the software.. Same settings, same proxies, etc.

Not sure what the issue is with the current version, but in my case, my account and setup has problems with it. I am going to stay on this older version for a while as it is working for me.
  • Hi @sven,
    This appears to be happening to more and more people. @viking mentioned rolling GSA back to the previous version has helped. Can you please let us know if there is anything you can identify that might be causing this? 
    We're all using different numbers of proxies and settings, but the problem seems to be common with the latest update.

Thanks!
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Sorry but I can only repeat myself, just the details on the error message changed.
  • I am also getting this error on 80% of everything I try to post to.  Like everyone else here I am using proxies from buyproxies.org but even when I use my direct IP address I still get the same error.  I ordered a list of 10k fresh public proxies updated daily thinking that this would fix the problem but it is still showing the socks error connection refused on nearly everything I try to post to. :/

Is there someone out there who is NOT getting this error and can share what their setup is please?
    What do you guys use as options in proxy dialog? 
  • edited June 2014
    There can be a problem with proxies. I have had the same error with proxies from one of my providers - many "download failed SockError" in gsa ser. I checked few sites manually:

I guess some web hosts can block connections from some ip classes or maybe there is different reason.
  • I believe this is caused by the multiple connections/gsa threads to a proxy. 
    The proxy simply can't answer to so many queries.

You can experiment leave only one proxy enabled. Put SER on 1000theards+. 
    You will see many errors like this + if you check the proxy (in ser or whatever) it will appear dead.

Good think SER shows better error messages. Proxies are now the main problem for me.
    They bottleneck the speed.
  • Proxies are still the same, but now its showing a whole lot of errors
  • here is my update from my last post. i had rolled back the version and it seemed to be working again. not as well, but the numbers were being generated. then my email address blew out and that was it until this morning. i loaded a fresh yahoo email which was testing fine. i let the project rip again. and low and behold, the sockerror returned. so i squeezed back my threads from 100 way down to 10. no effect on the problem. next up i looked at my private proxies, and saw that GSA was no longer showing them as active. i tested them and they all failed. they are fresh proxies only two days old, AND they work elsewhere on FSA, WAC, etc with zero issue. i deleted and reloaded the proxies, same issue. so, anecdotally speaking, this seems to be a GSA issue at the proxy level. my proxies are from instantproxies.com and have been using them with GSA for over a year without any issues until now, and again the issue is not with the proxies as they are fine on other services. any advice would be much appreciated as this is quite a frustrating waste of time at this point. a number of us are having this issue all of a sudden and it doesn't seem to be solved.
  • edited June 2014
    Running version 8.65 and all I am getting are download failed errors...Anyone..?

Rolled back to previous version and it runs fine
    @adamze can you share those proxies to debug things?
  • @adamze My screen looks about the same. Plus GSA is not recognizing my proxies as active. Are you seeing this as well?
  • Proxies are active but with download errors
  • when you click on those failed link, do they work on your browser?

The sites might be dead or very slow because they are full of spam
  • @buyproxiesorg in my case I have no problem going directly to the site in my browser. the issue is so bad now that I cannot even get submitted status for blog posts.just upgraded to V8.6.6 and that hasn't helped either.
  • KaineKaine thebestindexer.com
    edited June 2014
    I have many message error sock but my total result is really incroyable (last version).

I'm pretty sure it comes from your proxy.

"Good think SER shows better error messages. Proxies are now the main problem for me. They bottleneck the speed."

Yes i think too. Best is always one thread for one proxy. People must think Proxy have not same localisation of her server ... which mean all is not necessarily optimal for them.

• Definitely proxy issue, tested out with other proxy services
  • My GSA is now unusable on v8.66 and rolling back to v8.65 wasn't any better. 

Does anyone know how we can access v8.64 also is anyone getting any good results still on greater than v8.64 to try and identify where the proxy issue can be resolved.

Are there any good proxies which work on this version, the scraped proxies aren't working and some other shared proxies sites mentioned previously wenr't working 
  • Im having a lot of socket error.. Connection refused... Download failed
  • Almost all my URLS say connection refused as well, what does it mean?? @sven
    just that you are not allowed to connect there. That can be a proxy issue or server one.
  • Would someone kindly post a pre 8.6 version of SER.exe?

Thanks