Skip to content

Huge update is going on

Comments

• KaineKaine thebestindexer.com
    Probably both, but I was talking about the update, it was not until the end of the dance, make quality and good result could have happened if there had not to spam before. But i'm not Matt :)
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    It's still fluctuating loads for me. I hope it settles down over the weekend when Google aren't at work.
  • @theguruland - Don't put much stock in AHRefs or Majestic re: indexing. Their crawlers and databases are independent of Google's. The only database you can trust is Google Webmaster Tools.

I would also not put much faith in high DA/PA. This is a metric very similar to PageRank, which has been devalued. You can dump 100,000 links on a site, and it will have high DA/PA while google blacklists it.

The tools/metrics above are very helpful when analyzing a competitors site, but I would be very careful using them to measure my money site.
  • @ Satans_Apprentice - Are you using GWT on all your sites?
  • After this update, looks like none of my churn and burn sites are ranking. They get to page 2 and then poof: gone. Really wierd 
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    Moz updated their stats yesterday, check your PA for sites that got hit.
    Some of mine have dropped to PA 1. Not good!
  • I m not sure if its because of the dance but ANY type of website created even recently and hitted with GSA or any other wseo tool its not ranking. Even for low competitive terms. Something is changed these days , I m not sure if in a definitive way or not . But I noticed that also many white hat websites have been hitted heavily LOL
  • Today G. will show us a new movie : The Come Back of Dead Websites ! 
  • May 22 Roo was very close to normal: http://algoroo.com/

http://mozcast.com/ showing 68 degree. So it seems like things are getting back to normal.
  • Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    edited May 2014
    This entire thread is nonsense.

As for all of this speculation from the lower tier individuals, you don't know what you're talking about and it's giving me such a bad headache reading all your absolute BS.

'Something is changed these days'
    'Any type of website created even recently and hitted with GSA or any other wseo tool is not ranking'
    'Today G. Will show us a new movie: the come back of dead websites!'

Do you think you're some sort of comic? Adam sandler perhaps? No, you're an idiot.

BS and BS, @theguruland‌ your nickname should be theclown because you do make me laugh.

This same shit happens every year, you build sites, you 'churn and burn' with spammy shitty links and then they fall after a scheduled index refresh that happens EVERY YEAR, and then you piss and moan about your sites tanking.

Well let me tell you something buddy, I don't know how long you people have been doing SEO for a living but with those bullshit theories you're pushing out of your backside id go home and /wrists because they are retarded.

Every single year this happens and every single year people create these silly little threads for all to see, it's ridiculous, what are you achieving by it? You think by making threads like this and seeing others in your sandpit suffering from the same situation as you are going to pay you a wage or buy your next meal? You people are idiots and shouldn't be aloud to practice SEO.

If your putting your shitness down to SEO tools then leave this industry, at the end of the day, you people are the ones creating the spammy shitty spam spam and releasing it to the internet, stop moaning, start getting a strategy that works and stop using other peoples methods.

Such a waste of keyboard plastic I swear to god, how do you even manage to get off the crazy train and connect to the internet by yourselves? Perhaps you've got a thread going about that too.
  • Its not over yet :) 
  • molchomolcho Germany
    @Tim89 thanks for the clear words, too much screaming children here, people who wonder why "churn and burn" and poor Linkbuilding does not work permanently.

All this has nothing to do with your Tools, only with the User.
    edited May 2014
    Let me tell you exactly what's happened to cut a long story short OK?

google refreshes it's index and evaluates sites/pages once or twice a year, then they roll out their animal filters.

When they reevaluate websites within their index, they either down grade them or upgrade them and then this eventually gets shown by the PR updates which then come out a couple of months later.

By doing this, your backlinks will drop in authority or rise in authority, when your backlinks tank, you will tank, simple as that, no penalties included unless you've received a penalty notice.

Now, why do most people ditch the site and mov on to another domain? Because if your entire backlink profile has been messed with, it'll be much harder to start again with backlinks present, this could mess up your anchor ratios etc etc so it's easier to start afresh.

If you know an 'update' is coming along soon, you should be fortifying your backlinks by building more links to your links, insuring that your backlink profile has more than enough juice flowing through it to survive any devaluing.

Those people suffering from -100 -200 drops, should seriously start thinking of another strategy because what you're doing is not long term and those that have only suffered a -1 to -20 are on the right track.

My suggestion for all of you would be to keep track of your backlinks with a program similar to backlink monitor and then run a link check after these 'updates' index check them and then start building links to your links to bring their authority back.

OR

You could just start a thread up and chat bullshit all day long.
    @theguruland‌ stai zito, scemo! Ma va va.
  • If you think people in this thread chat bullshit then why you even bother to come and see and write lines of nonsense that have been written for ages. Build authority to T1 links ? Tiered linking can work sometimes but honestly you think that people that uses this strategy didnt suffer from this update ? TThis update is different , it target spammy links and VERY WELL in my opinion . Unfortunately tool like SER and Xrumer ( for example ) do not offer total control on what type of links you are building. I try to build clean links all the time but some of my websites TANK ( to use your word) and some other lose position and some other stay there and get stronger. For me is a random process , same like @Ron says when you build up a new domain : sometimes it pick up and many times do not . 

BacklinkMonitor : I use it all the time , no link loss for me or minimal deindexing. I used to monitor links all the time but I can not do it for all of my sites ofc . 

--->>>>>  "If you know an 'update' is coming along soon, you should be fortifying your backlinks by building more links to your links, insuring that your backlink profile has more than enough juice flowing through it to survive any devaluing."  

YOU KNOW WHEN UPDATES ARE COMING ?????? Share how you do it ? :D

About insult you wrote in your last post , believe me I m very far to be SCEMO since I woork full time in this biz many years and judging from the 89 you have at the end of your nick I should also have some year more than you have :) Have a good day @Tim89

• ^^ Doesn't know when to quit
    edited May 2014
    Well Fatty Cutts did say 'this week' , so if you believe him then this should be the last day, for a while anyway. For me my own sites have increased in rank slightly in the past 2 days, but that's probably because I've continued link building ever since they dropped slightly on Mon/Tue.

6 pages in and we're no closer to finding out what this targeted. I don't believe for a second it was on-page SEO/over optimization of Keywords. All of my sites are clones of each other, with unique text and similar keyword densities. It has to be related to linking.

I've decided I'm going to keep my site which lost the most ranks, I'd usually 301 it and start over but I've got enough of a safety net now to risk it and see.
    edited May 2014
    I wish I had more return on web 2.0 and valid point of comparison to know in what direction we are going. 

There should also be a logical consequence has come, I think the penalties that now crosses the 301, and asks me what our friend Matt can work well with his team to annoy us.

For me after the update on the content (with something like hummingbird), they surely go to dismantle the pyramid. 

In this connection I have a site that has been severely punished for 2 years and I think it is interesting that all i link on (for exemple YouTube video) falls in serps. 

If I remove the backlinks of this video pointing on my site penalized it back after 2 days ...
  • @tim89 Bang.On.The.Money 

[/thread]
    [thread] ;)
    edited May 2014
    @theguruland well if you've been in this game far longer than me you should know already what to expect and you wouldn't need to make stupid, pointless threads such as this one would you?

It's a shame your italian, I feel ashamed coming from that country looking at your behavior, this thread provokes a lot of low level SEO's who don't know anything and is a waste of svens bandwidth and database storage, that's how pointless it is.

in regards to the number 89, well done on the deduction, however, this number could be the birthdate of my first child or possibly my first grandchild or what the hell minus 20 from it and it could be a position inthe kamasutra, you shouldn't make assumptions, you've made far too many already, I'd just quit if I were you and go make a thread on BHW, I'm sure there will be many newbs on there to provoke.

Let me make some deductions now,

What's the point in bumping your own thread at 7:21am "Today G. will show us a new movie : The Come Back of Dead Websites ! "

What is the point in further bumping your thread with: "its not over yet"

You clearly are a very bored individual who would very much prefer to make pointless remarks all day long instead of rebuilding the sites you've lost, possibly still living with parents as there is clearly no motivation to work on your livelyhood.

You have the understanding of a 15 year old, quite clearly...

"^^ Doesn't know when to quit"

" @Davbel kisses "

This is my last post on your thread, do what you want but I do hope none of the known SEOs on this forum wastes their time responding to, put it quite frankly, a retard.

Apologies in advance to those who think this is harsh, it may just be, but oh well.
  • I really do not understand what is wrong with you Tim, I ve no hard feeling toward you or nobody here. If you think I m here to fool someone well you are wrong. That is the only point I want to underline . You really insult people very easily and clearly in every post you make here there is an insult that comes out from some personal reason you have but that I honestly do not understand. As I said before , if you do not like what I write just simply ignore me and ignore any other you think have a 15 years old understanding. It will save a lot of your nerves I suppose. Beside that I ve no hard feelings , peace.
  • davbeldavbel UK
    edited May 2014
    I'll say it again.  "^^ Doesn't know when to quit"
  • ronron SERLists.com
    Boys, let it go. Grab a beer and watch some sports.
  • edited May 2014
    Guys. Take a look at the sites that are #1 in most industries. The answer is there for you. Hint: You don't need a million links.

@sweeppicker I'm seeing authority sites like Wikipedia at #1 mostly. :P
  • I'm seeing normal update things like amazon just killing it for some reason and videos ranking all over the place.
  • haryonoharyono in your heart
    It's about PANDA 4.0 don't panic
    Oh, I missed the gist of this thread, thanks for summarising.