Skip to content

Huge update is going on

123457»

Comments

• ^^ Had me dying lmao.
  • the gist = tim bullying poor guruland :D
  • edited June 2014
    Tim89 "By doing this, your backlinks will drop in authority or rise in authority, when your backlinks tank, you will tank, simple as that, no penalties included unless you've received a penalty notice."

I don't agree with neither of you. Panda is not about links, it's about your website - Penguin is not about links, it's about anchor text. If you're trying to make your site more popular than it is, then it's likely Panda will pump you.

TheGuruLand "For me is a random process , same like @Ron says when you build up a new domain : sometimes it pick up and many times do not."

If you're saying things like "random" then you don't have a clue, it's not random at all. I've been blasting away at a crappy one page site for two years and it's only just tanked.

If you set up a fresh install of SER with no global lists and fresh site and let it run full whack and then another site with SER with full global lists and search active (full whack) and let them run together which campaign do you think will actually rank?

The first one because it's more natural (constant), the second (variable) you need to throttle it by only using submitted links other than verified because you're saying your site's popular one day and not the next. If you build 1000 links per day then you'd better be sure that you can build 2000 the day after and 3000 the day after that - not 10000 one day and none the next like a huge spike, this is the filter that's stopping you.

and to test your link theories:

1, I linked to multiple sites in the same niche from the site (PR5) pure spam, that disappeared for keywords that I ranked for, Result: the site's rankings increased significantly, no bad Pagerank there, all rankings increased.

2, I redirected to a website that was ranking for some keywords and not for others which I used to rank for, Result: The site hit the number 1 spot for all keywords in less than 24 hours and remained there for some keywords, despite removing the redirect.

3, I redirected to another crappy site I built that was not indexed, Result: Nothing! and that's what Panda is.
  • @spunko2010 you are even drier than me..:))

@dmtaylor247 well done.  Good for you. Nice for you to say.