Skip to content

Huge update is going on

Comments

• Its not over yet  . I think this update hitted affiliate sites mostly . People who posted lot of affiliate links on their websites are hitted and aged domains. 
  • Most of my sites which were hitted are with adsense. In my case most of them have thin content.
  • Possible too , thin content.. but what is thin content? If I ve a photography website and I post one photo is thin? LOL I m not sure what is going on but I guess is a sum of things that are making this happen.
  • MorphManMorphMan British Expat lost in S.E Asia
    edited May 2014
    @theguruland my amazon affiliate sites are still sitting strong, ...

There are to many people speculating to what is happening, just take a DEEP breath and wait till the dust settles and fix and sort what needs to be done (as always) this is nothing new and it has/will always be the same, adjust, tweak and carry on! - my 2 cents for what it's worth  :-t 
  • AHAH and thats why I build many websites , I can be hitted but I ll not lose everything . ANd also I see really shitty websites going up in serps ... awful ! 
    If those sites really are "shitty" they won't stay at the top for long
  • @MorphMan I m not sure. I m just thinking they really punishing aff sites and people who builded a certain type of links ( unrelated ) 
  • @theguruland One thing I am sure of. This update is not related to content. I had good quality content on my site, all unique and professionaly written. It is definitely related to backlinks.
  • My sites that were older than 5 month and used churn and burn are almost all gone. Newer ones are still ok, so it seems like algo update. No need to wait for dust to settle. Just create new ones and you will have competitive advantage, while every one else is waiting.
    Will try to create smaller tier1 with huge tier2. Time to grab some expired domains and add  web2.0.

• @RayBan I totally agree with you . But some of my new websites got hitted too , but not as much like the old ones. 
  • We should start creating new sites now or we should wait until this update roll over?
  • @adystanley - nobody knows for sure, that's why it is so interesting. Buy some new domains and try out. I personally just bought five new domains :)
  • @theguruland - what was your anchor ratio ? Those new ones that I saw dissapearing were massiveley optimized for particular kws.
  • Yep, i also think its about links - example: on one of my sites i ranked for internal pages, but for one page i use only sape links and for the rest GSA SER. Guess which one got hit.
  • @RayBan , well I did had different ratios . I m not sure .. it can be for that too . I m having a look a tall my websites to understand . 
  • @RayBan Do you mean they had clean anchor clouds?
    The ones I have seen top of serps seem to have (Visit Posters Site) No Text anchors etc.
  • Oh, my ... It's coming again. That's why my site dropped from #1 to #5, sometimes #6. You guys think we have to take a rest a little bit until the dust is settle down? Keep this thread update guys, I will take my eyes on it. Thanks for talk about kind thing.
  • Yeah, same question like vahnz13. We should build now new sites for churn and burn or we should wait few more days?
  • @adystanley
    I think that backup domains should be made, but not boosted yet, so when the update hits full effect then your new domains are indexed and ready to be churned.
  • In how much time you expect to get finished this update?
    edited May 2014
    :-t lol... What you guys talking about!! :))
  • @adystanley no one can know for sure
  • MorphMan

So how many backlinks the YT video you mentioned had?

Thanks

• Hey guys, Can we have a good definition for "Spammy" Backlinks? If it is related to the quality then what it does mean really? If it is related to the quantity then how many backlinks is called Spammy and Is it time related when generating?
  • davbeldavbel UK
    edited May 2014
    Literally this thread should be deleted. 

NOTHING OF VALUE IS HERE

Spend more time building and ranking sites.

Now there is value.
  • Many of my sites are coming back . This is a valuable information ! :D 
  • xdigitalxdigital South Florida, United States
    theguruland  I have noticed this morning that my sites are bouncing back as well.. \:D/
  • Not yet with mine, I hope everything's back to normal again, for me especially
  • Ok I would like to contribute with my 2cents here with somethign more or less USEFUL here . I noticed that all the sites that get a penalty are websites with overoptimized anchor(s) . I had sites with primary anchor(s) at 4 % and they go penalty for that keywords. Websites on first positions in MY niche do not have heavy ancor optimization and they are still there . This is MY opinion after I had a look at my websites in MY NICHE. Lets see what will happen soon.
  • It's definitely an update.

* 8 out of 10 sites where GSA was used was hit... BIG TIME.

* 0 out of 5 sites where all manual link building was used pretty much remained in position.

I think I'm going to stop using GSA SER for a while and just do manual stuff for now... :(