Skip to content

What is happening to SER?

Comments

• goonergooner SERLists.com
    @meph - I was wondering if anyone would ever make the point you just have. That has been in my thoughts too.
  • edited May 2014
    @dariobl - that would cut into GSA profits very much, so i don't think it is something @Sven should consider. It would cannibalize profits from SER sales. Unless you meant it requires SER to run, then that would be a good idea :)

So instead maybe a setting in the options that puts SER in a "post only" mode and hides all other options - same software, same price, but you can just switch it to super saiyan mode.
  • It depends from business model. Sven could test a new one like monthly fee or very high price - only for advanced users.
    Many SEO softwares has 2 or more version with different prices. This really works - Sven could do some beta and see how it works. I think it will be great for users and for Sven to do some basic price for PRO version + additional monthly fee for update etc.
    See Xrumer, Zebroid etc.
  • you guys talking about xrumer being better than GSA are nuts!

its sooooo unuser friendly. I came back to it recently after having used gsa for 6 months or more and its just horrible to use. something you could have done in 3o seconds with a cpl of box ticks in gsa it takes hours or messing around cos of stupid bugs and bad interface in xrumer.

The thing is a monstrosity and botmaster doesnt give two shits about you or making it better. its pretty much an abandoned project as far as im concerned.

So if you think xrumer would solve your troubles it would be a case of out of the frying pan and into the fire.

So to guy wanting to get xrumer vs another gsa id say gsa again.

• edited May 2014
    Thats a strange comment by sven avbout the reason for not wnaitng to make a 64 bit version.  i understand loving to make something efficient but that comment is like being stubborn for the sake of it.

I relly appreciate the amiga/atari scene tho, demos, cracktros etc etc are amazing, but that is for fun and art and its just impractical to not use modern technology just because you are too stuck in the past.
  • @fakenickahl

Bullshit, if you ask me :)

64bit version would get you a possibility to utilize all cores on multicore CPUs, for example, i have octa core processor and GSA will use just one core, which will cause a overload, if GSA could balance it's usage over all the cores, overall load will go down. Other thing is, of course, RAM, 64bit version allows you to use as much as RAM you want, while 32bit locks you at 3-4 GB, which is simply not enough for large amount of requests, threads, captcha solving etc. 

If Sven does not change his mind on a 64bit field, all big players in this game will switch to xrumer, because with each update GSA is getting heavier and it cause overloads and slow speed in processing the backlinks operations. It's like you are putting a lot of weight on a single person and forcing him to run faster while he is getting slower and slower due to high amount of weight on his back.

And also, if somebody says that xrumer is expensive, you should realize that xrumer comes with captcha solving feature ( in his standard version, lite does not comes with that ), with GSA you would need to pay for SER it self ( $99 USD ) and CB ( $147 USD ) in total $246 USD, while for $650, how much xrumer standard costs, you get a captcha solving feature, a posting tool which have a lot of engines than SER, ability to use two instances of software at the same time ( big deal, because with GSA you can do only 1 ) plus it's a 64bit application and it's a beast on a high end machines.
    I remember when i had xrumer long time ago, before GSA SER was available, it was building the links as fast as speed of light, i was able to get a web site rank within 10 hours ( good old days :) ), new xrumer is even better. 

So yeah, Sven, if you don't want to lose us, do something regarding 64bit version, maybe follow up the xrumer method and allow us to choose between multiple versions of SER.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

ok get lost @dariobl

seriously, you know nothing...saying SER uses just one core is just wrong. If you are so smart then you should know that the OS is balancing the core usage with ever new thread started. The only advantage of a 64 bit version would have been the memory usage that could be increased.

I got my own point of view...deal with it or leave it.

And for the rest of this pretty useless thread, Common, whats the point of making a list of things I should remove from SER!? Thats so dumb! Same for many other comments I must have read the past days.

I hold my breath for some time but this goes out of control. People having no clue about any background (SEO/coding) making suggestions on what I have to do and not. Yes of course when releasing updates you get some improvement, sometimes I make mistakes (which I try to fix asap). Just remember that SER has a lot of features and everyone using it differently. That makes it hard to debug it and find a solution for everyone. 

Anyway all the crying about SER not being fast enough, not using much CPU, too less CPU, too much RAM....god everything has it's limit...mine is reached!

I think I have nothing more to add to this discussion. I improve SER as much as I can. I already have some stuff in mind on how to decrease memory usage and other things. But again, noone forces you to update or even stay with SER (@dariobl stick with XR!).

• goonergooner SERLists.com
    @sven - Some of the things said here are maybe too much, nobody wants to tell you want to do and how to do it. Everybody here appreciates the work you do.

We (your customers) are kindly asking you to please try and think about if it is possible to make the software use less resources, or at least prevent it from using more and more resources over time.

This is a very real problem for everybody. If you disbelieve it, i am happy to give you access to my servers to see the problem for yourself. I am happy to send backups, run tests... Whatever you need/want from me.

Please look into it if possible, that is all we ask.
    Thank you.
  • Well Xrumer is much more faster than SER ..that's a fact. You can easily see 1500 / 3000 LPM with XR! when you master it.

BUT SER got the power of diversity with all these wonderful engines included in the software out of the box. With XR you will only get some diversity if you use the custom addons but its not as powerful as SER when it comes to diversity. Also with all these features included in SER you can control your plan much more efficiently. And don't forget that SER is much more easier and user friendly than XR. If you ask me which one to choose I will definitely pick and recommend SER hands down !

Sven is one of the most talented programmers on the IM world and he already did a great job so far with SER adding all the features and controls one can think of!. Hey @Sven please pause the features train for a while -you already have more than enough-. It's time for improving SPEED mate.

Maybe you can add a feature to turn off most of the unimportant features completely (with on and off switcher ) to make SER lighter / Faster ? .. I don't know if it's a good idea or no. Anyway , you are the boss and you know what works with SER better than anybody else. Just do your magic and make this thing faster!.
  • KaineKaine thebestindexer.com
  • @Sven

Wow Sven, so much rude, so much insolence, you should really attend some business school and learn how to deal with your clients. 

Now let me teach you something, 

When you are running a 32bit application on a 64bit OS/CPU, everything the 32bit app send as a request to the CPU, CPU switch back to the 32bit compatibility mode to process it, since we have other apps, including core OS apps, which are running on 64bit, CPU needs to go back and forth with the compatibility mode, this is not a big issue when running some "usual" apps, but when you are running something that is using 200-300-400-500 threads, like SER does, then it makes a problem and causes an issues. 
    Other thing is, if the application can't use enough memory it will overload the CPU, that's something that every programmer should now, lack of RAM - higher CPU usage. Why ? Because once it reaches the 3-4 GB limit, it will start reading and writing into the address space much faster in order to not break the whole system which will cause the CPU overload.
    Another issue are captcha solving programs, which are also on 32bit platform and slow down the whole thing even more.
    When i was talking about using all the cores i didn't meant that literally for god sake, i'm trying to explain that to wider auditorium picturesquely, but obviously some people take it literally. 

To sum it up, 

I'm NOT the only CUSTOMER who's having PROBLEMS with YOUR software, there are PLENTY more of them, who are praying you to do something because they spent a lot of money on your SER software, on your CB software, on various dedicated and virtual private servers, various links lists in order to get better LpM and now you simply don't care, the only reason why are you attacking me is because i am telling the real TRUTH behind all these issues, well i'm sorry if truth hurts you.

YOU will MUST do something regarding SPEED issues with YOUR software or you will not just lose me as a client, but many other people as well, so one day there will be nobody left to make updates for nor you'll get any new clients once people start posting bad things regarding your software. Honestly if i was looking at GSA SER right now and reading all these comments here regarding very slow processing speed, i wouldn't waste my mone on it.

I'm not going to argue more about this here nor with Sven, he have his own reasons for not giving us a FULL PRODUCT, but again, this is his product, his forum, his own virtual world, we can't do anything there. Sure i will switch to xrumer, comparing xrumer and SER in term of speed is like comparing rabbit and a snail, does SER have more functions that xrumer has ? Yes it does have, SER can search and post the backlinks by it self, which is very good for beginners and for ranking local keyword web sites with little to no effort, but for anything serious it's a waste of time. It also have some other features which are mostly minor. 

So Sven, think twice about all this, i wouldn't feel happy if i would see hundreds of my clients begging me to do something because they are unsatisfied with the product i sold to them plus you can solve all this in one day, but again, as i said, this is your world and you are the king of it, so good luck with your future business.

edited May 2014
    Yes 64 bits is more effective not only for ram, you generate a lot more gigaflop. 32 bits system is emulated on 64bits versions.

That is why we will surely soon pass to 128 bits (see 256), problems of drivers are now solved, it'll accelerate.

I'm afraid that Sven does not do because it can't. SER have a big code should take several months of work, especially knowing perfectionism of Sven (i like and are too).

Dario is not wrong, Sven not too. It can still take some time, but at one point or another it will be mandatory.

The 32 -bit versions are endangered on Linux Plateforme.

I am personally committed to make it happen.

Why?

32-bit it as the end. I speak for all platforms and all existing software. IT is changing fast. Linux took too behind windows (performance) .

I 'm not a coder but I have worked on 64bit versions of backtrack. 32-bit can not compete, for example to break hash/encryption. We are increasingly trying to move us on GPU solutions > more bits again.

That is why Intel begins to integrate it into its CPU or he 'll lose to Nvidia / AMD .
  • edited May 2014
    IMO Sven should form a group of the hardcore users running alot of machines. <br>
    Let them beta test and give advice, and then release to the masses.<br>
    Still I have no idea how Sven managed to create/work on a project this big alone. <br>
    If I was Sven I find talented programmers and tell them what to do from the beach :) <br>
  • edited May 2014
    Am i the only one happy with what SER does? its about time people stop demanding stuff from Sven and stop throwing questions about how he runs his business.

None of us have paid serious money for SER.

I am glad Sven still even bothers to update the tool round the clock.None of us are developers and i swear to god it took me a month to write a email verifier software.If you think XR is faster , nobody asked you to buy SER in the first place.This is a freaking free world and you are free to use whatever the crap you want.His sales page does not guarantee a 1000 LPM poster - and he has provided us with what he has promised -a simple to use backlink creator.
    Only a fool would think this is NOT a FULL software.If Sven comes out with a 64 bit version,thats cool. If he doesnt ,well its his thing.
    Sven has every right to shut down the software right now and move on like he doesnt give a damn.We have   only paid for the SOFTWARE's "lifetime" updates which can even be a couple of years. Not till how long we live anyways.

</thread>
    edited May 2014
    <thread>

@spammasta

You use a superior tone, though I do not recognize any authority. 

Thank you to speak with more respect.
  • edited May 2014
    @Kaine never meant any disrespect.
  • edited May 2014
    I don't think anyone is telling sven what to do or how he should run his program.  From me it looks like suggestions and totally his call if he'd like to apply some of those or not like you said it's his program.

It all comes down to this.  We use this tool to make money.  Sven developed this tool to make money.

Plain and simple if someone comes out with a 64bit version that does the same thing SER does  will I use that instead of SER?  YES if it makes me more money why not?

I'd hate to see that happen to sven. after he's spent all this time and money developing such a great program only to have someone else fly in and if 64bit makes that much of a difference take customers away. 

I mean it's only logical we are in the business of SEO.  We have to notice upcoming trends and how things work..

Spend a bad day and translator don't help me, sorry for bad translation ... > i go sleep.
  • edited May 2014
    @Sven - sorry if i have offended you. Although not in my personal interest I think you could leave SER as is and still have customers for years to come. :)

@spammasta - I agree even though i sometimes get carried away (luckily Sven ignores my comments and suggestions then :P

@dariobl - sometimes it is better to lose a customer who just takes too much of your time and stresses you too much. That is basic business 101. Not every stupid idea has to be implemented, and Sven has been doing a darn fine job so far of choosing which thing to put into the software and which to leave out. If you don't like the way it is run - pls, dump SER and get some other software you would like to tell the developer how to run it - I am sure he/she will appreciate your comments more than any of us do right now :P

@hunar - while this is partly true it would take some time for them to develop such a product. It would take some time to get traction, get users etc. Much like comparing gscraper and scrapebox, Which one is better? Has the other one stopped selling? And I just love FUD being used in the role of arguments, it just makes what you say look so professional.

@dariobl oh yea business school...thats what your background is right? Again don't teach me how to do things. I think Im listening enough to customers. I decide whats good and whats not. Someone has to do it.

You knowledge about 64bit and 32bit is not that far so please stop talking about it. It's simple. If you have no clue, you better shut up. There is no simulation or emulation of a 32bit mode in the CPU. Thats not happening! The CPU has the normal 32bit registers, nothing has to be simulated. And it's not really improving things on threads level. The only advantage for SER on a 64bit system would be the bigger amount of memory that can be used. I don't see much speed improve in the rest, at least nothing I can code in 32bit as well.

Anyway, if you don't like SER, get/stay with XR!? It's sooo simple!

• donaldbeckdonaldbeck Advanced SER Videos -> http://bit.ly/1ySrbwu | Learn SER For Free Step By Step -> http://sertips.com
    @tim89 already posted the answer. Just use an old version. More often than not new versions don't introduce any necessary new functions. I'm not aware of anything that you need to rank stuff in any of these new versions.

@dariobl and anyone else talking about programming. If you are a programmer and you have updated many programs form 32 bit to 64 bit then go ahead and talk about it. Otherwise you're just embarrassing yourself.

Take success into your own hands!

• Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    edited May 2014
    This thread has indeed gone a little to far.

Every single GSA SER user has got a bargain out of Sven, there's enough functionality / support / updates and not to mention add on services, which revolve around this software that truely makes it what it is, including free information on this forum, sure, I must say, the new versions of SER are a little bulky and somewhat slower compared to previous renders BUT everyone has the opportunity to revert back to an older version, so stop this complaining and if you're that bothered about improving things, go make your own software and see how difficult it is, not only creating software but to also keep ALL your customers happy.

If there was a major benefit that would boost SER, don't you think @sven would have introduced it by now? He should know his program better than anyone else so if he doesn't think it would improve performance that much and it wouldn't be worth the time to translate it all into 64bit then so beit, that is the end of that.

It's quite easy for an individual to mock someone else over their methods of doing things but take a look in the mirror first to see if you're really capable of doing something that this other person has done, have some respect peeps.

Ps: as for minor problems such as some service APIs are not included in older versions etc etc, I'm sure if you PM'd sven and asked him politely to add that certain API to your version of choice, when he has time, he would probably do it, it's that simple.
  • I think people are treating so ungrateful to sven. If you say that you want to change tu xrumer because is faster, I tell you why didnt you do it back in the days? I will tell you why, because @sven has created a software which you can post in almost every platform able to be spammed in the net, being able to scrape links on autopilot(forever), you can automate every task and every tier as you better prefer. And just paying near 250$ and 35$ in vps you have been making thousands every month. Getting almost a daily update and a developer that listen to costumer and update a lot. If you havent done it that before i will tell you why, because you hace to spend 650 upfront and 200$ everymonth in dedicated server, you have a software with a horrible interface non user friendly and which you can post without modding to even 10% platforms that you can with gsa ser out of the box( and every month increasing), in xrumer forum there are like 2 new posts a day and almost 0 info to learn how to use xrumer eficiency, you get a new program update every 1-3 months. So tell me why did you buy gsa ser back in the days and you didnt buy xrumer, just trying to get sven to be your bitch slave is ungrateful man. Just saying i own xrumer and i know what i am talking about.
  • I think it largely depends how heavy a user you are. SER is like a truck, it can carry a certain amount of weight i.e. threads so if you want to use loads of threads, why don't you do yourself and Sven a favour simply buying more copies of SER and CB and run them? They're both already incredible value for what they can do. With a $1,000 budget, you would buy 5 copies of each software (after discount), for example.

After all, the recommended maximum threads on SER is actually 100, right? So if you want to go far higher than that like 500 or 1000 threads, you will actually overwork the software multiple times it's supposed to be doing. Just my two cents :D
  • @bangkoklad good point and one that we all forget.

@dariobl what exactly is it that you are trying to prove?  That you are 12? Is that it?

Well done for that then.

Literally
    Shaking
    My
    Head
    edited May 2014
    I now stop this conversation. The goal for me is not to force but to share my experience. I just know there a huge potential of untapped power. This has nothing to do with SER, it's the ultimate goal of a power user (general). 

I respect all the point of views, Every one is free to think the way he thinks.

Good weekend to all ;)
  • Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    edited May 2014
    It clearly states on the GSA SER sales page on the website that GSA will gladly customise their software as you would like, so if you want major customisations, pay for it.

• Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    I think this thread needs to be closed as it's not really helpfull anymore.
    Maybe this is turning into a helpful one again. If certain people would just stop fooling around with WOW64 articles it would be a start. There is no 32bit emulation in CPU. I refuse to ban people as much as I can but some "business class guys" are...well... :-@