Skip to content

What is happening to SER?

Comments

• Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    @gooner I've done some testing on this so I know for a fact that having proxies that have already been used for mass link building hurt you for creating links on sites again.

Look at it this way.

Almost everyone uses the same proxy providers with SER, be it shared or dedicated, by the time anyone gets their proxies they have already been used by someone else. Every time anyone gets proxies the provider only has a certain amount of c-class ip blocks, so sooner or later those IP's will not only be in many different spam DB's, but also be blocked on the same site you're trying to join.

I'm sure that when site owners delete our accounts, they put a block on that IP. Over time it's not going to be hard to have all these IP blocks banned. And that's why it's getting harder and harder for SER to get new links for us. It has nothing to do with @Sven and his wonderful SER software, but directly related to all the proxies we are all using.

@spammasta No I have not tried any VPN service.
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    edited May 2014
    @Trevor_Bandura - I agree with you on the link building part of it, but there is still an issue with CPU usage which can't be caused by the proxies.

EDIT: There is also the question of why people are apparently getting more links with older versions. Although i must admit in my tests that either hasn't been the case or has been such a minor difference as to be insignificant.
    @gooner Yes that part is puzzling me also because I'm not having any problems at all in that department.

What fixes one this for someone, seems to break something for another. I'm sure @Sven feels like going crazy sometimes.

Maybe try sending a bug report in while SER is running with high cpu and what gets sent to sven, he might be able to figure something out.

Help > Create Bug Report

In the description, try to explain what you think might be the problem.
  • @gooner

Yes 64bit, i forgot about that. Main issue with GSA is that it can't use more than 3 GB of RAM, it would be amazing when GSA could make a full use of 32 GB DDR3 system, just image that LpM lol.
    @dariobl Yes a 64bit version would be great, but how much work it would be to change SER over to that I don't know.
    @Trevor_Bandura - Sure, i'll send it. It can't hurt to try.

And yea i'm sure Sven must be thinking some of us are crazy too because some people report problems and others have no issues at all. SER seems to perform very differently on different machines/different setups.

8.32 seems a helluva lot better on all fronts. Nice job @sven
  • KaineKaine thebestindexer.com
    edited May 2014

more verified ?

@kaine - Too early to say more verified. But higher LPM and less CPU and memory usage.
    Looks good so far.
    ^^ at this time only verified impove can say me halleva : P

• @dariobl - Your suggestin is really interesting. 
  • 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited May 2014
    ^^^  +1

Would love to see a stripped down, fast posting version of SER, and would buy it in a second if it were available!
  • I'm a bit late to the party, but I'm with @gooner on this and I did actually post something similar 6 months + ago about keeping SER sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek :D 

Whilst I am ever so grateful as to what @sven does with SER and I don't envy him for one minute for having to deal with all the whining we all do every time he's worked for hours to be able to release an update, I wish he would leave SER as a lean link builder and then create an "add-on" for all the bells and whistle stuff that others want...

Yea like how Scrapebox have their addons, that would be really good.
    Nice suggestion @davbel

edited May 2014
    +1 with 2Take2 too ^^

Compare experience between 8.32 and 7.51 it's the day and the night. We feel that the hardware is really best used (V.32).

I hope he succeeded to put my finger on what is problematic because my bussiness like to suffer :)
  • Exactly @gooner

e.g.
    Want to scrape articles = $10
    Want to spin articles = $10
    Want access to exclusive "SER Members Club" where everything is top, tot secret...$10

• I think yall are on to something with a branching off of verison for different types of users.

The addon part sounds the best idea.

Slick racehorse out of the box and addons as options if you want them.
  • I have a weird feeling that 8.32 fixed it all! Yaaaay!
  • Yes the standalone version just for submitting without a lot of feature would be great - definitely will buy this version - this is really great idea. I am not programmer but I hire programmers and can say that sometimes is better, easier and faster to build additional product (based on main one) than change old one.
  • +1 for private forum/member's club, there's way too much info on here for big G to be looking at.

+1 for an Ultra-SER, could be totally separate from SER or an add-on and it'll definitely sell both here and BHW, Sven's captive audience :)

@gooner going back to page 1, yeah use macros for everything you can titles, comments, everything. It'll help you organise your desktop/Dropbox to the max while you're at it (if you have loads of sites).
  • Well as someone that has 29 Dedicated Servers all Running GSA.   I can Deff say there is a huge change in SER that is currently going.  One Version Contextual's are Flying,  Next Version They are horrible,  Next Version there's Bugs All over the place, Next Version the Junk Teirs aren't working quite as well as they used to.   Like others have said  I'm not a programmer  I rely on Sven for my SEO needs as he is the developer and I am very grateful for this program he created and how it's helped grow my business. 

on each server I put around 50 Projects each with a certain number of teirs.  I have a very low end type dedicated server.   And the server can handle that many projects just fine.  It's SER that can't handle anymore.. 

Now a 64 bit version would solve everything right off the bat.   I understand why sven won't release it I know he has a concern on spamming and a 64 bit would open the flood gates even more.  Plus a 32 bit version it can only handle so much before you need to buy another copy so that equals to more revenue for Sven. Great idea for him.  I offered Sven quite a bit of money to release a 64 bit and it was still a no go. :(   What if he released a 64bit for like 400-500$?  I'd buy it in a heartbeat. 

Even if there was a lighter version of SER that would be great.  because right now this is not the same program that I used even a few months ago.  I understand trying to make it a go to program.  but with 32 bit there's only so much you can do IMO.

I still love SER,  I spend 10-15 Hours a day in it since it was released just very concerned about the direction it's heading ATM. :)

@hunar - 29 dedi's!!! Congrats man you are the biggest spammer on the entire planet! :D

I totally agree you on all points, SER Lite or SER 64bit would cure many issues we are seeing.

Paying more or even monthly for 64 bit would work for me, most people that need that kind of volume are already earning good money - So i really don't think money is an issue. We just need a lighter/spammier version.
  • +1 Hunar I would buy a 400$+ ser if it provea more efficient than what we have atm. 29 dedis…. congrats man. I have a hard time managing 4 servers. How do you manage?
  • I had to hire a great person full time to be able to keep up with all these servers lol. :)
  • @Hunar , " 29 Dedicated Servers all Running GSA. " 

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited May 2014

It doesn't take a big shot to have 150 projects on one server. Just take 5 websites with 10 rankable inner pages each, and you have 55 T1's. Then add a couple projects each, and you are over 150.

This is not a heavy user. This is just a guy with a few websites. So when people mention having all those projects is a heavy user, that kind of misrepresents things IMHO. I would contend that 150 projects is a fairly light user.

My best guess is that it is software bloat. We need SER Lite. We all complained 18 months ago that Sven was adding too many features. Can you imagine how much was added in 18 months? Look at the version history to see the answer.

I would seriously consider nuking 75% of all the features, and making a stripped down posting and verification machine. Screw all the features. We need links, not a BMW.

p.s. On the proxy theory and this other stuff, it is all hogwash. I was using the same proxies, the same projects, 6 weeks ago making 200,000 verified links per day. Now I am at 25% of that - with a quality list!

• @ron , that completely depends on the user.I have seen people using SER to post to about 10 sites a day and nothing more.Sven is on the right track catering to a lot of people's needs and not just a handful of us using it to screw thousands of sites a day.Some sort of secondary software - addon is welcome though
    The danger with catering to a lot of people's needs is that it becomes a jack of all trades and master of none.
    What puts SER above anything else is speed and volume.

There are other tools that can do quality links at a much slower pace. As far as i am aware the vast majority of people use SER for it's ability to build mass links quickly.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited May 2014
    @spammasta - I own the other slow systems. I switched to SER to make more backlinks. The person with the most backlinks wins in the rankings.

If you have a few projects, then you don't need SER. Get Ultimate Demon or something. If you need linkbuilding, then you get SER. It's a huge difference.
  • edited May 2014
    @gooner @ron when other SEO softwares cost about $147 / month for about 10% of SER's functionality - anything with similar capabilities is bound to attract the market .