Skip to content

What is happening to SER?

Comments

• goonergooner SERLists.com
    @spammasta - There are other tools that cost less than SER that can do low volume linking.
    Some even do things SER can't do well, like web 2,0's.
    So for low volume link building there are alternatives.
  • @gooner i am pretty sure Sven is more into making this a swiss army knife sorta.I am really not aware of any other decent SEO software which has a one off price point like SER.
    Well, no one can really speak for Sven's intentions. All i'm saying is that if that is the plan then a lot of the core group of users (guys that have been using the software since the beginning and newer heavy users) can potentially be alienated.

If you did a poll i would conservatively estimate that 75+ % of users would want more speed and less resources used.
  • gooner,thats true.I would probably vote for "speed " and "less resources " myself :)
  • KaineKaine thebestindexer.com
    edited May 2014
    I totally agree, we are all here to make connections quickly on many platform. Very sincerely, those who want 10 post per day should do it by hand. Post links with a machine, 10 or 1 million per day is always spam. 

Do not forget that the comment spam is an abuse of language. 

We need link @Sven, many more link as mentioned @ron. That's why we've chosen you. If we do not do the more we lose ... and you too.
  • I like speed!  3:-O
  • donchinodonchino https://pbn.solutions
    I like speed as long as it does not hurt quality. The possibility to submit with Ser like it was done manually is epic. The faster the better, but I hope Sven will keep his product high-quality. 
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    You guys should make a list of what you want removed from SER. I like some of the newer features and would probably stop using it (or use it less) if some of them were removed as it'll leave bigger footprints.

Here's my list of things I'd like removed, whether it will affect CPU I am not sure:

1. Important messages
    2. Little icons to left of each project
    3. Blog Comments / Directory
    4. Character spinning
    5. Country and Language skip options (not domain/URL, I use them)
    6. Scheduled Posting
    7. Startpage search engines (total cr*p)
    8. Notes section

But that's only because I never use them, others might!
    Also if @Sven doesn't want to set one up then I or someone here could start a separate forum on a separate domain that is invite-only for people who post on here?
    I think the fact that Sven hasn't commented on this thread means that nothing will be changing.
    Oh well it was worth a try.
    SERprivateforum.com anyone ? 8-X
  • donchinodonchino https://pbn.solutions
    Yeah, I think if everyone started to count here features to be removed, would only piss Sven off. I think Sven has told it before - if you have too many projects for Ser to handle, go get another license. As someone wrote here earlier that many tools cost monthly more than Ser one time, then it only confirms that argument.
    Well if there is a consensus to have certain aspects removed from the software then maybe Sven would consider it. However, I don't think any of the things listed above would make much difference to CPU anyway.
  • Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    There's no reason for @sven to remove any feature in all fairness, There are older versions available, just use an older version..
    There only problem with that is there are sometimes things that you need that aren't included in older version.
  • With due respect I think the culprit is those RED and green lists currently being sold .They have simply whitewashed the available targets .And increasing number of spam filters being used by webmasters now . 
  • ^to a certain degree yes.
    @doncorleone - With all due respect you are just making stuff up with no evidence to backup your point.
    That's not helpful really.
  • I've only been running this for a couple of weeks and it was running beautifully - it just seem the last two or three updates have effected something drastically. Is there a safe way to roll back to an earlier version?
    @vlalston if you search the forum for "7.51" you will see a thread where @tim89 uploaded that version and i uploaded a couple of other versions.

• Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    I rank sites with 7.51, What exactly is in the newer versions that you would "need" anyway?
    edited May 2014
    8.32 is not bad ;)

I think Sven don't time for comment but are on it. I do not think it will features and I think it does not play on the cpu, just because you can already disable ;)

Personnally i disable all option i not use (virtually any) and i never CPU problem, but maybe i'm lucky ?

Just to help, I turned SER on a Quad core Q6700, therefore without hyperthreating 4 reel core.

I don't think is that the problem, but if user use AMD (no hyperthreating too) to tell us if it also has problem at this level.

The most important thing is the end result ;)
    VPM! lol
    Maybe some API's, maybe nothing... I can't remember what the differences are off-hand
  • edited May 2014
    The biggest thing I'm looking for is consistency.  Consistency in which new versions come out and how they work. Which is a hard thing to do in this business as it's not 100% up to sven, Webmasters change things on their sites, Add more spam filters, All of which is outta sven's control.  but It drives me nuts when 1 version contextuals kick ass,  Next version Junk Tiers suck,  Next version something else stops working quite as well etc. etc.

The only thing I can think of.   Doing this is a 1man or 2person team like sven has with allllll of these features that's gotta be hard and sven is a very smart guy.  but again with all of these features I can't even imagine how he keeps track of all the coding and features and exactly what they do and exactly how they work.    I know even as a user of the program sometimes I look at the features and i'm just like =O.  I couldn't even imagine coding all that and knowing the inner workings of each feature. 

Also, Sven  if you are by chance reading this by no means am i telling you what to do with SER, but if it were up to me I'd take a core group of power users who use SER and have them test the heck outta new versions.  I wouldn't mind I have 29 copies of it running 24/7 and more than willing to share all my data with you. I know that'd slow down on updates coming out and new features but at least there'd be consistency and every version that came out  should in theory essentially be bug free and working fine. 

I dunno these are just my thoughts.

edited May 2014
    Just question, how many cahe (L1/L2) have you ?

If your cache are full, CPU seem to be at 100% in task manager, but registre in not necessarily at maximum.

Normally can't be that with recent CPU server.
    I like the testing idea, i would be willing to volunteer for that too.
  • edited May 2014
    @hunar right on. I dont know much about pragramming either but i know a thing or two about making a zenno bot which i think loosely is based on the same principles and i can tell you with that 50% is making the bot then the other 50% is debugging.

ALso regarding @tim's comment about using older versions Ive been in two minds aobut that in that yes im happy with older versions but also there are engine updates that you miss out on if you dont update so the longer you leave it is the more likely that they will be getting obsolete. i dont know how much of an issue this is tho since iver never done any testing just a concern thats been in my mind.

It seems the debugging is what is the problem here not @sven's programming skills.

Actually id say the bigger problem is sven not adding features that the power users want.

Its not like your ;ignoring the majority of users' by only catering to 'the hardcore' cos everyone knows that every noob wants to learn from the power users anyway so the noobs will wnat what the power users want so i dont feel its a case of leaving out any demographic.

I think its strange that @sven hasnt commented yet...we are currently left with wild speculations as to his intention/thoughts/feelings on the subject etc. :P
  • Sven will not make a 64bit version, when i asked him how to run GSA twice or three times on a same machine in order to get the reasonable results he said go and buy more license, when i said why should i do that when every other normal application works on 64bit version where i do not need to run multiple instances but make most out of my machine with one 64bit instance he started being very rude and all like, if you like other software then stop using mine. 

Not really nice behavior from him but ok. So the main answer is : with 64bit version he would earn LESS and therefore he will not release it. However, i would recommend him to release 64bit version for 3 times bigger price - $300 and who needs it he will buy it, that's still very good income for him, i highly doubt that average amount of purchased licenses per single user expands the number of 3. 

I will keep using GSA, but i will probably mainly switch to xrumer soon, it's much much better application, especially considering it is solving captchas out of box (even recaptcha ) and it's fast as hell. 

• edited May 2014
    @dariobl, I believe this is Sven's real reason for not releasing a 64 bit version https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/comment/6867/#Comment_6867

If he really was just looking to make as much dough as possible, I think he would have taken the requests to price a 64 bit version a lot higher than it currently is. I would be happy to pay more than $500 for a 64 bit version of SER if it would be any faster than 32 bit. Though I'm wondering if a 64 bit version wouldn't just run into CPU trouble as it's already using a good amount?

I also must admit that I'm seriously considering getting XRumer to run along side SER. Already bought the new server, just not sure whether I should get another SER+CB license yet or go for XRumer.
  • I really love Sven work but if Sven leaves a place for competition than somebody will create software like SER but in 64 bit (just for mass posting) - like xrumer but for contextual websites. 
    I bet many advanced users will give it a try. If Sven will not do it somebody finally will do.