Skip to content

Alert when an email address is in a black list

edited November 2012 in Feature Requests
It will be a great feature to check if the email address we are using is in a blacklist and put an alert on each campaign about it. Check every x hours if our email address is in a blacklist and put some icon or color on each campaign.

Thanks

Comments

• OzzOzz
    edited November 2012
    Something like this was requested a dozen times already, but according to Sven it is not as easy to implement as you think. It is on his To-Do-List though.
  • and better to give 5-10 email. once blacklisted found. start using fresh one. :)
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Just use a catchall...you will see this solves the issues and then lets Sven focus on other more important tasks. I requested both features, until I used a catchall and now they are unecessary and will just complicate things. 
  • Yes, the catchall works wonders. 

Here is the thread if you need to know how to do it. 

https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/318/possible-solution-to-email-problem#Item_43
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Hunar - the domains I used for a catchall have just closed down. What domains do you use?
  • "and better to give 5-10 email. once blacklisted found. start using fresh one"

Wouldn't that "confuse" SER, if it didn't clear url history and cache ?

I'm using catchall also (from the actual domain using cpanel)
  • Pardon a noob question...

How to know if an email has been blacklisted? Will that mean it cannot sign up to new sites?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited November 2012

@tumpien - Inside your project look to the right of the email field and you will see "Check Blacklist". Click on that and it will check with two spam services to see if you made the list for that email.

Bear in mind that checking your emails to see if they are on the blacklist is a manual procedure. Everyone does it differently, but I do it once a day for all projects and clean up the bad ones as needed - it helps SER post to more properties and increases your efficiency. 

• ^ Thanks! Appreciate the help.
  • @GlobalGoogler - how do you know when an entire domain has been blacklisted / shutdown ?
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @dogGoogles - check out the discussion on using a catchall on this forum. I think this has been tested for a while and nobody has had this issue. Still needs some more testing IMHO. But - the time saving after your catchall works is worth it!