Skip to content

Looking for a "churner and burner" for hire

Comments

• Sure I'll share.

Site 1: Picked 1 main KW and talked to a friend about making the site. He got carried away and ended up making a 5 page site. It has unique images and maybe 500-700 words of text all told. Its on webs.com so it is a sub domain. Used a related KW as the subdomain name. I had a kitchen sink campaign going as well as a 5 tiered one I got from Asia Virtual Solutions who had a thread on here for pre-made content and projects. Linked a CPA offer via bit.ly. Main KWs were like 10k-15k local vol, < $1 cpc - think product based KWs.

In the end:

ExternalBacklinks    50k
    Referring Domains    4k
    From birth to death: 10 weeks
    First top 100 ranking: 1.5 weeks
    1500 unique visitors, 20 clicks to CPA, 0 conversions
    All KWs that ranked well were 5-10% anchors of total (50% generic/other)

Traffic was terrible considering the SERPs but the site really did not match the search and the offer was stupid. When I re-do this one I know how to make it work marketing-wise, so it was well worth the experiment. This was my first real try with GSA so it was very impure test as far as link building goes. Dur, what does this button do?!

Site 2: Picked an obscure product, added "for sale" on the end. Search vol was about 1k but I really can't remember and can't be bothered to look. Picked 1 KW, used matching sub-domain. There is very little competition for this one. 1 page, 200 words, 1 image, an ad.

External Backlinks    10k
    Referring Domains    1k
    2% exact match anchor
    Used highly related KWs to search for targets.

This site lasted a little less long but made money (wont pay my VPS bill or anything lol) which was nice. Even though the search vol was much less, the site matched the search so I got a lot higher click through from G and 5-10% ctr on my ad.

Since the question was anchors, I am going to try 25% next time around.
  • Thank you @Samx for sharing. I haven't used GSA yet. I just got a dedicated server recently and at the moment I'm scraping targets with Scrapebox. But I'm definitely interested in the churn and burn method to start with.

I hope I can have some success like you guys.
  • what do you mean by "deindexed". You said you used webs.com (web20) for this experiment. By deindexed do you mean that you lost ranking? Or did  that page disappear from the SERP completely?
  • delphi911 SERPs >100 and when I search for the URL it does not appear. Might be somewhere in there but heavily penalized.
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    @2take2 - I've not really tested it big time, just one url and 3 keywords
    All 3 are in the top 40 but still dancing like mad, seems to work pretty well though.... for now anyway.
  • @gooner, much the same here.

Have run a few tests, 2 weeks in and main keywords are all over page 2, but am ranking on (Mid) page 1 for some other easier related keywords though.

@Samx - did you keep building links to the domains after 2 weeks or did you just stop?
  • 2Take2 For site 1, on the 5 tier project I stopped Tier 1 and just built t2+ about 1/2 through the life span (more than 2 weeks) since I think indexation rate was low on T1. The KS I let run but it was not building links very fast.

For site 2 I just let it run the whole time since it was going slowly.

I did not stop once they started to rank if that is what you are asking.
  • @Samx, thanks for the info.

Yes, I was curious as to the fact that maybe some churn and burn sites might lose rankings due to link loss, etc. as opposed to actually getting penalised per se.

• I am sure it was losing lots of links but there was a steady stream of new ones added too. Not sure it is was a net + or - link velocity. I'll check later.
  • edited September 2013
    Hinkys wrote a nice tut on how to get more targetst to post to. this method is working very well for me. so if you need more targets/huge lists, have a look:

https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/5968/download-free-sorted-list-of-8-700-aa-sites-for-ser/
  • @davbel - How are you getting on with tests now? Have you used adsense successfully?

Out of interest to everyone I got page 1 for 3 kw's 

1. 33k per month 

2. 1k and per month

3. 2k per month

Adwaords was £2.50 per click

Method:

I spammed 4 x 301 re direct parasite sites with guest books etc

Built pr 3 + 30 x verified contextual links per day to it

Added 5 pr 6-7 sape links (homepage high authority sites)

Site lasted 4 weeks and I averaged 25p per click

Today it dropped to page 25 + and I had a click which paid £1.09 which I expected!

Will my adsense be safe and why did the click cost go to an amount I expected in the first place but never got?

Should I 301 the parasite sites to a new domain and copy the site to the new domain?
  • davbeldavbel UK
    edited September 2013
    @delboy both still doing OK, although they are bouncing around a lot of late, but still managing to maintain page 1.

I've used adsense on other sites, but these were affiliate offers.

I wouldn't worry about your adsense acct and adsense works slightly differently now to how it used to with retargeting.

Previously, if your site was about cars and your visitor found your site whilst searching for cars, they would see ads related to cars.

Now, with retargeting, they might have searched for holidays and furniture before they searched for cars to find your your site.

So now when they get to your site, they will see ads for all three.  Chances are the one of them will have a higher cpc.

If you are 100% sure the site got penalised I wouldn't 301 it either as penalties can flow through redirects.
  • @davbel great, glad they're sticking, i've got quite a few sites testing the 301 redirect test:

4-8 subdomains with the keyword, spammed with gsa with the money site getting direct 30+ pr 3 plus links per day.

The idea being the 301's are redirectable to the new site if the old site burns but at the same time the burnt site will lose the effects of the 301 that burnt it if that makes sense? I'm interested to see where the burnt site goes now the old 301's are pointing elsewhere.

What do you reckon?
  • The 301 trick as you describe it definitely works as I'm aware of a few SEO agencies that use it to "manage" their clients.

Agency build links to 301 site, 301 site points to client, client gets good rankings. 

Client sacks agency, 301s removed, client loses rankings.

Client comes running back and is happy to pay more to get rankings back

@davbel is right on both counts, it does work and SEO companies do use it.
  • @davbel Yeah I heard that before as well, the only prob in this case is the 301 properties are now punished (though powerful) spam sites haha

I have copied the original site to a new dowmain and pointed the 301's to it, i'll let you know if it jumps into place.

Out of interest the site you ranked on page 1 what kind of comp level was it? And did you used scraped properties to site 1 that you showed on the first page of this post?
  • @delboy2012 - I'm actually carrying out some similar tests myself, doing pretty much what you described in your previous post.

As far as I know (and I could be wrong) the penalties take a few weeks to pass via 301 redirect, where as the transfer of link juice is much faster, so you should be able to rank for a while by pointing the penalised domain/s at your new site before you get hammered.- I guess it's just a case of whether that gives you enough time to see a ROI.

Just out of interest, what kind of volumes did you point at the redirects and how long did it take you to rank?
  • Hey,

Yeah I think your right, I expect this to be back in  a day or so.

In regards to volumes, around 2k - 10k per url per day

How have you got on so far?
  • 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited September 2013
    Just started building a few new test sites and setting things up, as I wanted to test the effects of heavily spamming directly to a money site first (which seems to work also).

However, I can see that some of the 'big boys' are using that method so expect it to work - at least for now.

I will report back when it's all up and running though.
  • Great let me know,

Using all properties or just guestbooks etc?
  • 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited September 2013
    I've been using everything except; Exploit, doc sharing, indexer, pingback, referer, URL Shortener, Video, Video Adult, Web 2

@gooner, RE Crazy Domains that was mentioned earlier in the thread by @davbel (thanks for the tip!), I think that if you click through to their site via their PPC advert and not their organic listing it lets you buy domains repeatedly for £1?

I might be wrong, but it has been working for me.

@2take2 - Nice one thanks for that, i'll check it out.
  • I think they've stopped that now as I see .com @ £6.95, .co.uk @ £5.98 and all .info are always unavailable. Pah.

@delboy2010 one low comp about 3000 searches per month and the other was VVVVVVV high comp and about 10k searches per month.

• @2take2 did you succeed in your spamsite test ? If yes, could you share some anchor text % and platforms you used? I have noted that most spam projects use at least 70% exact kw anchor.
  • 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited October 2013
    @Rayban, I've still got a few going, but the results are a bit mixed though, so a bit early to say if there were any success or not.

I have managed to rank one site on the bottom of page 1 for a decent keyword, lots of page 1 results for easier keywords, but the majority of the time I seem to get stuck at the top of page 2 (which might as well be page 30).

Platform wise, I use all of them except, document, web2, exploit, referrer, pingback, shortener and video.

With regards to anchor text, I've been setting my projects up to run at about 3 - 6% exact match for the main keyword, as that seemed to be the norm in the niche/s that I'm targeting.

However, last Friday I set up a new test with about 80% exact match anchor text (1 main Keyword and a few secondary related keywords) and it jumped onto page 1 within 3 days, but it's slipped down to the top of page 2 now though, so I guess only time will tell (that was only for a 1k medium competition keyword with a £5 CPC though).

I just wish I had more time and resources to test things out.

BTW, if anyone's interested, at the moment Crazy Domains are selling .com domains for £1.30 via their PPC add in the SERPS. - Edit: seems that the discount only the applies to 1 domain.
  • @2take2 appreciate your comments. Will test massive exact match anchor campaign, but first have to gather some decent list.
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    I hit number one in Google via spamming methods last week for 2 different sites. Is there an update? Either way I'm happy and still there a week later.

I basically did SEREngines first, then waited a week and did 300-400 links (mostly all engines) every day, using lists.
  • @spunko2010 by serengines you mean you allowed ser to find targets on its own ? If yes, how many verified links did you get at the begining ?
  • spunko2010 interesting. How many web2.0 on t1 then and how competitive was the KW you ranked?

RayBan I am sure he means serengies the web2.0 add on.
    https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/3192/serengines-com-web-2-0-engines-official-thread#latest
  • 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited October 2013
    @spunko2010, well done mate, glad to hear you got somewhere with this - are you seeing much traffic?

A bit of an update with regards to my previous post, for anyone who's interested;

However, last Friday I set up a new test with about 80% exact match anchor text (1 main Keyword and a few secondary related keywords) and it jumped onto page 1 within 3 days, but it's slipped down to the top of page 2 now though, so I guess only time will tell (that was only for a 1k medium competition keyword with a £5 CPC though).

Yesterday the site jumped up to page 1 position 5 for the main keyword and has stayed there since.