Skip to content

Looking for a "churner and burner" for hire

Comments

• spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    @RayBan yes as Samx says I mean that add-on for SER.

@2Take2 I am seeing massive traffic at weekends now, it's weird during weekdays it's not much different to being in number 3-4.  I guess it's the niche (people spend more on it at weekends).
  • spunko2010 - Are those 400 links a day set for submitted or verified?
  • 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited October 2013
    @spunko2010 - Glad to hear that you're getting good traffic from it.

• Just to update all, the original two sites I talked about on P1 of this thread have both tanked as of yesterday - Could be Penguin 2.1, but a couple of other test sites I have that are newer and have had the same process applied haven't been affected...

In total both of the impacted sites had just short of 200k links between them :D

• I didn't get a chance to see what the update would do to mine since they are either already dead or not yet ranked. It will be interesting to see if these update will have any affect on new c&b sites, but my guess is no.

Updates feel different to me when I already expected my sites to die!
    Strange, I saw a jump yesterday. Normally this happens though just before the sites tank, it's as if Google is f*cking with us on purpose.
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    @spunko2010 - My churn and burn site jumped yesterday too... ominous! haha
    Oh dear :(
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @hunar - I just saw "Well,  Let me put it this way.  About a year or so ago,  I put adsense on my burn sites. just for some extra income  they were all ranking pretty high and not even a week after I put it on there they were all penalized.  Was a huge waste of 400 sites.   

Deff learned my lesson though."

--- Am I correct in saying that once you placed adsense on the sites they got nuked? How strange!
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @d3ad - what's the best way you've found to build up a list of contextual country specific platforms? E.g. .de contextuals links?
    @spunko2010 - Any drops yet? Mine keeps climbing, into the top 20 for all 3 keywords today.
    And these are fiercely competitive keywords that i would never normally attempt to target.
    edited October 2013
    No, but I don't want to jinx it. I am sure I will be hit in the next few days.  If I do survive I think it's also due to new domains, most of mine are <6 months old.  Unfortunately for Google I've got 5 more domains ready to go.

What I'm interested in hearing from @ron and others is, if this filter is hitting 'older' domains only for the most part (as of now)... If I had bought a used 5 year old domain , about 6 months ago and hit it with SER,  would this have been affected negatively with 2.1? I'm not sure on the reasoning behind older domains being hit harder.
    @spunko2010 - My first thought was that it was older domains, but now i'm thinking it's for 3 specific reasons:

1) Sites that have been hit my penguin before - 100% the case for me and i have a large number of sites/client sites, 200+ in fact so the sample size is large enough to make a scientific conclusion i would say.

2) Too many links, or too many links in comparison to competitors. Not sure specifically how this works as i haven't dug deeply enough yet but of course the older sites have more links than newer sites.

3) Anchor text % - Older sites used older SEO methods, including higher anchor text %. I have tried to dilute it but it's still higher than newer sites.

My plan now is to build a site and get to page one, then build a new site almost the same as the old with re-written content and get that to page one and repeat over and over.

That should hopefully give me some protection against the above 3 situations.
  • also bear in mind that Google run penguin as a big batch and only run an update every x months or so - this probably  means they have a lot of data to process and it takes a while which means there is likely a cut off date a while before the update happens when they grab the data and begin processing - if you haven't hit the thresholds they are using to filter by that point you could slip under the net until the next round, regardless of whether you are making the same mistakes as previously penalized sites or not.

So it may not even be a change in technique thats benefiting you, but a lucky break based on when they begun processing penguin and whether you'd hit a dangerous level of (whatever the secret sauce is) by then or not till a week or so later :)
  • @spunko2010 Interested to hear as to what do you use for tracking for these churn n burn types of websites. Do you create a new Google account for them? If yes, do you use both Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools for it? Or just either or them? Or use none? If so what do you use for tracking?

Cheers.
    edited October 2013
    Hi Pratik I assume you mean for my own churn and burn sites. Well I don't really view them as full C&B since I don't hit them with thousands of links, only hundreds  so they last for months not weeks :) However I usually create an account on Gmail, verify it with a new phone number (buy a SIM Card for 99p on eBay) then create a Google Plus account with junk data, add a few posts... Then verify the site with the same account in GWT, and also add that same account as an author so it appears in SERPS next to my site. You can easily get more clickthrus with your image appearing next to the link. :)

I don't use Analytics because I don't trust it as @ron and a few others mentioned. I either use an alternative stats tool like PicWik or whatever its called, or nothing. I'm not really interested or have the time to check 10+ different stats accounts every day, more interested in conversion rates, and plus it makes me paranoid if I sign in and see -15% drop from yesterday that I have been slapped. So better for my heart to not have it.
  • I am running two test projects in hihgly competitive niche for the top KW. Actually, I have stopped one of them due to the proxy issue I have reported before. Another one runs using scraped SB list.

One of them runs on .tumblr, another one on .wordpress subdomain.

Results after 3 weeks - wordpress test keeps climbing and has reached end of page 3 (it moves day by day).
    Tumblr hasn't even appeared in SERPS page 20. All settings are pretty similiar, so it seems google does not like tumblr at all. Lets see what happens later.

• How are peoples results here? @spunko2010 @davbel etc.

I want to go full force with this on my own as well, not sure where to start. Create a real site with scraped/spun content? That is fine? or what?
    edited January 2014
    Hello, I am still doing okay. Waiting for the next update from Google to take me back 6 months, as usual. I'm just glad they didn't do anything before Christmas.
  • if you are still making 5 figures per month, you are doing better than okay lol
  • and what about domain names? $10 isnt  big deal but when you are buying new ones every 1-2 months and you have 10 sites or so, thats annoying. .infos okay? or only do .coms.
  • I have started to spam a site more aggressively than normally and I will share my experiences. Site is one of several I have on a SEO Friendly host (e.g. no shared dns servers, no shared C blocks).

This domain is about 3 or 4 months old. I have three in total that I will be testing. The goal is to rank the site for 60-90 days of traffic and income. At the same time, I'll be building more sites to do the same so that when one gets a slap by Big G, another pops into the SERPs or is already lurking there.

I am starting with 5-10 pages of content and looking to rank to 10-20 keywords. All mid to high competition level (in the $7-$15 CPC range). 

The plan.... Essentially, combining Tier 1 and Tier 2 engines and scaling the link velocity volume up in a controlled fashion. Once rank is achieved (if ever) maintain velocity levels and see how long it lasts.
  • coneh34d - Just curious, is there any reason why you opted to use a 3-4 month old domain, or was it just one that you had laying around doing nothing?

Will be interested to hear how you get on with your tests.
  • @2Take2 No reason. It was just one I had that I had been planning on using. 
    ======================================
    Settings for SPAM project: Structure = Single Project (no tiers)
    ======================================
    [Where to Submit]
    Articles, Blog Comments, Directories, Guestbooks, Image Comments, Social Bookmarks, Social Networks, Web 2.0, SEREngines Web 2.0, SEREngines Profiles, and Wiki
    ===================
    GSA Indexer = On
    Search Engines = Off (Import my own targets and use Global Site List Verified)
    No PR and No OBL filer
    Use of badwords list = yes
    ===================
    Keyowrds = large list of keywords LSI related niche (week 1, more specific as weeks progress)
    Anchors = large list of keywords LSI related niche (week 1, more specific as weeks progress)
    ===================
    20% LSI anchors (week 1, more specific as weeks progress)
    45% Generic anchors
    35% Domain anchirs
    10% Anchor variations
    ===================
    Spun WAC Content everywhere

• @tsaimllc shop around for domains. Crazydomains.co.uk have .info for £1 and .com at £1.69 most of the time.

I've found it equally as easy to rank .info as I do .com

Start with a one page site with any content relevant to the niche and start building links.  Once you see positive movement in the serps, put better content on it and then build the site out.

There is no point in spending loads of time on a churn & burn (or any site really) unless you know you can get it to rank.

• nice link, ill buy from there, the .infos are $2 (US) but still cheap.
    edited January 2014
    Anyone ever ranked one of the 'new' gtlds such as .io, .fm, .tv etc? I am trying now, not sure if it's a waste though because it's a EMD, eg keyword.fm
  • I saw .io it was like $50 lol forget that
  • Yeah, so fuck http://www.crazydomains.co.uk, I submited an order, totalled $7, I paid via verified paypal, they said "random fraud check" and to submit my photo ID, etc. For $7? Hard PASS, not worth the trouble. I'll go with someone else.

• @tsaimllc ahh lol :-)

Never had any of that so you are slightly more dodgy than me :-)