Skip to content

Looking for a "churner and burner" for hire

Comments

• edited January 2014
    In one niche I am right now, I am even seeing top guys on 80% primary anchor (with roughly 15-20K backlinks I think) - that's F'in insane! And that site has been up since around 1 and half years or so and still didn't had any ban hammer. One thing that could prevent it I think was social factor - insane amount of shares (like 30K+ Google +1s, 20K+ tweets, 40K+ likes) and I doubt those are any fake social shares because of two reasons :-

1. It is costly to have those insane amount of shares.
    2. Much guys doesn't even are able to sell even 500 of Google+ shares, leave 20K alone.

So social factor is definitely playing a part in the modern SEO era.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited January 2014
    @Squidward - Some guys specialize in finding the latest ultra churn/burn methods. I'm more of a steady freddie. I have played around with it at different times, but never dedicated myself to that method.

It's a different angle when you play that game exclusively, and like anything else, if you keep playing in that sandbox you will get good at it. You get to see more examples, and you have better data to make smarter decisions.

I believe it is important for us as seo's to play in that sandbox even if we suck at it. All dogs need to know where the fence is on the property. Early on in this game (been doing this 16 years) I had a tendency to repeat things to people that I didn't personally experience myself. Huge mistake. I started believing my own bullshit. Never let that happen. Always test to see if you really 'know' what you think you know. This business has a way of making you feel stupid really quickly, lol. I had plenty of those experiences in the last two years by the way.
  • @ron Advise taken lol. Especially "recommend only what you know" thing haha.
  • I'm loving this thread.
  • @Pratik, there's more ways to get likes than paying for them (hint: scripts that trigger button presses) but you didn't hear it from me ;)
  • I am currently doing all links possible for this, but wondering if I should uncheck Exploit, or 'url shortener' as im not sure they will actually really give you backlinks?

anyone have certain things disabled even for churn and burn?
  • davbeldavbel UK
    edited January 2014
    It's the volume of links that matter.

My understanding is that as it's a re-direct, URL shortener is only of value if you point links to it, so unless you are doing multi-level spam, you could turn that off.

Although in saying that, if you are using SEI, then I suppose you are creating links to them..

I dunno lol :-)
  • 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited January 2014
    I'm starting to get the feeling that the guy on BHW might have killed this method with his blogspot "experiment" (or maybe I'm just being impatient lol).
  • I don't know necessarily "killed", but it is much harder and *I believe* under much more scrutiny.

• Interesting, and nice to know that it's still possible.

It's not really what I'm focused on SEO wise, but I guess (if this one doesn't work) I'll try out a few other different things that I've got in mind, and see if I have any joy.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @tsaimllc - On the whole url shortener and exploit thing, I wouldn't bother with those types of links, but that's just my opinion.

I mean in the whole food chain of spam, that stuff has got to be the under-lining for the tub of crap known as forum profiles. If I had a choice, I honestly would look at 'better' platforms like wikis, directories, etc. - you will still get a killer link count in verified with the right engines. If I were to bomb a site, I would use: Blog, Directory, Forum, Guestbook, Image Comment, Microblog, Trackback, Article, Wikis. That's just me. A good argument could be made to drop forum and guestbook - and I would even be fine with that.
  • thanks ron I agree. I def believe they are even less worthy than forum profiles and such.
  • When you guys are churning out as many links as possible, are you enabling ser to post to the same domains?
    I've been doing this for quite some time, and was in the middle of split testing the difference when my web 2.0 account was banned due to me having a little too many spam blogs for a little too long on the same account. I'd love to test it myself, but my content still isn't deindexed and I'd rather not write 7 articles on the exact same subject once again. However I'd like to share my results with you when I finally do get my banned blogs deindexed, and I'm able to complete the split tests.
  • ronron SERLists.com

Yes. But if you have a good sitelist you can run it all on unique as well.

Why wait? I would change out that good content for something else, and put the good stuff on a new property. When I get hit with anything negative on a website, my New Average Wait Time for moving content is zero nanoseconds. Don't wait. Move it and start again.

• edited January 2014
    @ron If you get hit, do you 301 to the new propriety?
    @2Take2 it's definitely not dead :)
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited January 2014
    Never 301. The penalty (or link devaluation or whatever you want to call it) follows very quickly thereafter. Plus, you want nothing to do with that link profile.

You want a fresh domain, and go to Domain Tools to make sure it wasn't registered ever before. Brand new domain.

Take good content off of polluted domain, make sure to put up crap spin or whatever to replace it (do this first), and then move the good content over to the new domain. Create a nice spam project and hit the old website with a bunch of links just to make sure the new crap content is indexed fast. It helps to have that happen quickly so you are officially "no duplicate content" as soon as possible. It takes about 2 weeks for google to update its cache with the new content on the old site. 
  • @ron Any specific reason why choosing a NEW never used domain?
    I read on other forums that older domains get more trust from Google or something but never tested myself.
    I got results with just crap spin content in the first place so got no problem with duplicates.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    Freshness algorithm. It's real. Preference is definitely given to newer sites.

On older domains, you used to be able to have an easier time of ranking. Then Penguin and Panda came, and it became harder to push up a site that had history. You can still buy an aged high PR domain and turn it into an asset for your business. These are two completely different discussions though.
  • edited January 2014
    How long into C&B did you guys start ranking? I have been running one for a week now and pretty much nothing in rankings. How can I be fucking this up haha, all links, blasting to the site, although I cant seem to get them indexed, 50% anchor text (generic and domain rest). How many pages are your C&B sites? Maybe i need more content.
  • It depends on the niche, how competitive it is, how many links the other sites have and a load of other stuff.  Sometimes nothing you do will work, other times it can be a few days and sometimes 1-2 weeks.

That's why I start with a basic WP install with one page with a bit of niche related content, images and a video.  No point in doing any more until it starts to rank.

• Thats what I thought, and it was probably you that said it. it is a 1 page site for now, but I wonder if that is why it wont rank. not sure.
  • I'd give it a bit more time and maybe get another domain in the same niche and try the same with that.

It could just be a dud.

• ronron SERLists.com
    edited January 2014

I'm taking the slow painful approach which can go for 2-3 months to rank. You can speed it up, but then the chance of getting smacked increases. So it depends on your business model.

@davbel is giving you great advice. I would probably get some human spun articles to flesh it out a bit. I try to have a 5 page site plus contact, privacy and terms to start out. I have had success with one page sites, but lately I can only make that work with a web2.0. But for selling, especially multiple products, a regular website will likely serve you better. You can just get up more pages, control the menus, and you control the layout.

• Am I just in a bad niche? Some niches not work for C&B?

I have been using GSA full force all links for about 2 weeks there are (supposedly) 50,000 verified links, although ahrefs shows about 8.5K.. and this is all I have to show for it:

nothing!!
  • 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited February 2014
    @tsaimllc

Here's a test that I set up on the 27th Jan.

Nothing really spectacular though, but still shows me that there's potentially some mileage there.

Haven't managed to make a dent in the big one yet though lol
  • why is it that you started right at 50 and  26 while Im all the way in the hundreds and cant seem to move higher?
  • 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited February 2014
    I started in the hundreds too, but at some point they both disappeared from the top 300 and came back in the SERPs near where they are now.
  • what is you kw density on the site and in anchors?
  • I really wanted to do like, 100% since this is churn and burn. But I have kws at like 50% and domain and generic 25% each
  • @tsaimllc, I think using your keyword as the anchor 100% of the time is taking it a little too far. I wouldn't have any data to back it up, but I personally believe that having a huge usage of keyword anchor (for example 50%) won't do you any good. I've had pretty good results with having my main keyword at around 20%, some similar keywords with good amount of searches at anywhere around 10-15% each, and the rest at generic and domain.