Skip to content

Looking for a "churner and burner" for hire

12345679»

Comments

• ^^^ I've seen this too, seems quite popular with the payday guys, but not sure how it factors in the rankings, if at all.
  • I have toyed with the idea of an SSL for all of my sites. It just adds another ticky box IMO in G's eyes. Gonna give it a split test on some test domains (same niche/kws, slightly different setup, different link-building). Will report back.

2Take2 - I agree that it probably doesn't help a great deal with manual reviews (especially in the PDL sector) but for every other type of site, G is just a computer/search engine, and having SSL 'ticked' 'could be an extra factor of authority/safety for searchers...worth the $20pa or whatever an SSL costs.
  • Cutts did tweet a while back that if it were up to him SSL would be a factor, so it is probably is worth looking at
  • Fair points guys, as you say, probably worth it considering the cost implications.
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    edited May 2014
    I got the basic SSL certificate through GoDaddy with a coupon for about £15/yr. Definitely worth a shot - and doesn't need to have any verification done, which is obviously a big footprint if you're BH.

If it's just a cursory glance by someone in the webspam team at the URLs (not the content or design, i.e they just glance over massive lists) then consider which is slightly better:

http://www.payday-loan-monkey.co.uk
    https://www.payday-loan-monkey.co.uk

Especially when they see a load of domains like this trying to rank for PDL:
    http://www.nottinghamshire-vicars.co.uk ;)

I do think it lowers your chances of being checked further at the first hurdle but that's just my 2 cents.  I don't think it has much actual SEO benefit, maybe only a tiny amount (like the supposed boost from registering domains for many years, putting phone numbers on your site, ie. pale in comparison to what we love here - pure links)
    By the way, for those in the UK and/or with .uk domains, are you all aware of the new verification system for WHOIS that's just launched? I've been hit already on 1 of my .co.uk domains, Nominet are giving me 30 days to put up correct information that they can verify (I always use overseas PO Boxes or private/fake WHOIS). It's kind of worrying though, and going to be pricey to register loads of overseas PO Boxes :(
  • 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited May 2014
    Yea I've got plenty registered in fake names to avoid paying out on whois privacy lol

I got hit once for a payment review by crazy domains and had to give them the correct details plus photo ID or they were going to suspend my account.

BTW in case you didn't know, the non relevant domains that are ranking in spammy niches like payday aren't typically there because they're targeting those terms ;-)

• goonergooner SERLists.com
    For .co.uk's check out Internet.bs guys. They don't care too much about verifying your details and it's free to transfer existing .co.uk's there.
    edited May 2014
    @2Take2 yeah I know why they're there just think it's worth buying a semi-decent aged domain with a reasonable URL , suppose if it's only for 1-3 days it doesn't really matter though.  :-*

The problem with the new (i.e within the last fortnight) Nominet regulations is if they get a complaint that your .uk WHOIS is not accurate then they give you 30 days to correct it or they suspend the domain. What I've found is you can set it to a Mailboxes Etc PO Box and they seem to pass that, it gets checked against the Postcode database and possibly Electoral Roll for individuals (they don't confirm their sources of course). For business registrations it's a little easier. The real problem is that they can't possibly verify overseas addresses so instead of giving you the benefit of the doubt they just assume it's fake, at least that's my experience so far.  The only way they can pass an overseas address seems to be through sending in "proof'. In my case I mocked up a fake invoice to my compeltely made-up Cayman Islands company in Photoshop and they accepted it.

It hasn't been 30 days since they brought in these new regulations so it remains to be seen if they actually will do that, but it's quite worrying. Thankfully they only seem to currently be going on reports, but if they roll if out to all new domains registered then it's going to be a pain in the arse. Unfortunately hosts like internet.bs can't overrule Nominet on .UK domain issues, they have the final say. There's been a broohaha on AcornDomains and a few other forums, I'm hopnig they'll scrap it.
  • Do latest G updates affected chunch & burn methods? 
  • edited May 2014
    Just bought an SSL for my PDL site cheap from GDaddy. 

I run my WHOIS through various fake names...I have many paypal accounts from living abroad too and all on a spreadsheet with which site is connected to what domain/setup etc. I do have some sites that go through my Ltd company though, I don't hide those at all and are pretty WH (sort of...)