Skip to content

My results so far using - GSA + ACW, TBS,

Comments

• edited June 2013
    ahref.com, and majesticseo.com i have some sites that i was testing different strategies some where ranking in top 10 now there are dancing like crazy. im seeing all the trackbacks links being removed, lot of guestbook links (akobooks) and easygb, links from .kr, links from EX. This can only be my case, nothing to make a statement for but this is what i am seeing right now in my experience. 

I believe the safe way is to build tiered links, because i haven't seen any contextual link on an article being removed so far.

1 of my sites where i started making spamm links mixed with great quality links 1 year ago, i stop building links to this site because was hit by the update before penguin 2, but that site was getting links because i builded a looot of links to that site during the time it was ranking on top 3, and for my surprise for a site that i totally forget and stop building links 6 month ago google send me this mail: (by the way my site have 5 pages with original content and no affiliate link only google adsense):

We've detected that some of your site's pages may be using techniques that are outside Google's Webmaster Guidelines.

Specifically, we detected low-quality pages on your site which do not provide substantially unique content or added value. Examples could include thin affiliate pages, doorway pages, automatically generated content, or copied content. For more information about unique and compelling content, visit http://ww w.google .com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=66361.

We encourage you to make changes to your site so that it meets our quality guidelines. Once you've made these changes, please submit your site for reconsideration in Google's search results.

If you have any questions about how to resolve this issue, please see our Webmaster Help Forum for support.

Sincerely,

Google Search Quality Team

• Okey doke - so I got some updates on the webs.com sites I have been blasting. I have 3 sites that I am in the process of send mass links to via GSA - have nto sent them as many links as I would like because of the amount of projects I have running in GSA SER right now.

The following sites are all based on "best product" type keywords"

Webs.com site #1
    "best product" - 14,800 local us searches a month - Position 32 in goog
    "best product (pluralized)" -  6,600 searches - Position 31
    "the best product" - 880 searches - Position 33

16,500 submitted links/3500 verified (thus far)

6 days of link building so far

Webs.com site #2
    "best product"  - 1300 searches - Position 13

3000 submitted links - 4500 verified (thus far)

5 days of backlinking

Webs.com site #3
    Not in top 200 in goog yet

***So getting so good progress so far!!! I would like to build more links more quickly, but I have even things out with other projects. However, if these keywords make it to the top 3, and even #!, I know they will make some decent bank because they are keywords that I did well with pre-penguin (the first one).

Besides this I have another 3 webs.com sites that I built about 5 days ago, but I am building links to them at a slower rate of 100-200 submitted a day to test how that method works. And also to see if has any bearing on how long they can hold rankings - assuming the get them in the first place.

• Today, I stumbled upon a site http://tbwconline.com/. It ranked no 1 for "best wrinkle cream" with 9000+ exact match traffic. If you click the site from google search results, it will redirect to an affiliate program. I'm not sure if it is going to be no 1 on your search result.

When I checked its backlinks, majority of the links (99%) were guestbook kind of links. Guess what, it optimized "best wrinkle cream" 99% as its anchor text.

This is an interesting observation. And I have doubts about the effectiveness of Google spam filter.
  • zuluranger you are right, i see it nr 1 as well. Generated unreadable content, highly overoptimized for this one KW (onsite and offsite), redirected to affiliate site :)

Will monitor closely how long will it stay there...
  • You bet that is a churn and burn niche.

Rank 2: wrinklezone.com - registered 18th Feb 2013.
    Rank 3: dowrinklecream.com - registered 2nd April 2013.

Didn't bother going pass that. Very likely all of them are new sites.

What's interesting is the use of SE cloaking.
  • 96% anchor text is best wrinkle cream as well.

i haven't kept up but last time i read penguin (1.0) is a filter and not a like update like panda so my guess is that it will trip the overoptimized anchor text filter when the penguin filter next runs.
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    edited June 2013
    @DarrenHaynes I appreciate you sharing your SERPS results but it's probably not wise to do it when its easy to gauge your own site URL from it..., call me paranoid... Walls have ears etc.

In regards to this spammy result with 96% EKWM I think Google's filters don't work instantly. Watch it tank over the course of the next week I bet.... I think they work on the basis of seeing sh*t load of links at first over a short period and assume it could be majorly popular new website, eg maybe it made it to frontpage on Reddit or somewhere. Then they realise...
    Also about this site if you go to it via Google it is an affiliate redirect but if you type in URL manually in your browser it has its own content. Anyone know how they do this??
  • davbeldavbel UK
    edited June 2013
    I would guess that they redirect based on the referring URL
    Although I haven't actually looked at it :)
  • edited June 2013
    Piece of cake :-) .htaccess-based redirect (or js) with referrer control.

But Google bans this. In a month, sometimes in a week.
  • yeah htaccess redirect, its obvious is someone using SER, i see some footprints in some backlinks... you should remove that link its probably from someone on this forum, 

anyways think about this site, no EMD, pure spamm links maybe builded in 1 day, 700 links indexed in 1 day the other links start indexing slowly... i believe this site will stay there maybe for 1 month, and also i believe the owner will make a lot of money before this site get banned by google so who cares. that site is the proove that google only talk crap to scare us.
  • So what is the general consensus? 
    This site is obviously number one for what they wanted..
    Should we all try spam only guestbook submissions for ours? 
    Has anyone tried this? 
  • @zuluranger - thanks for the info!
  • InSaNe you are welcome.

I would stick to tier building, slow drip. I have seen upward movements on SERPs for my new domains. I mainly use crappy links (kitchen sinks) for indexing contextual links.

Spam links still work obviously. But there is a better way to use them.
  • Diversify, diversify, diversify. As usual. And confirmed by more experienced members here.
  • I'm not saying I don't use tier building or that I don't spend hours organizing proper campaigns.. but this forum is about spam, so... spam spam spam! :)
  • edited June 2013
    :)
  • InSaNe, I guess you are really insane ;))
  • regarding the best wrinkle cream website.  i've run a ahrefs report on it: posted at: goo.gl/gTQDy

FYI the report only shows 1 link per unique domain they have multiple links from the same domain.

I think this site will trip the penguin 1.0 filter later it's got too heavy anchor text for best wrinkle cream (96%!!!)

would be interested in peoples thoughts on the backlin profile.
  • edited June 2013
    The "best wrinkle cream" lost its #1 position and is nr 2 now...i think this is already the beginning of a big fall :)
  • i think that's just noise / normal fluctations.

when it trips the penguin filter we will all know it won't be in sight.  
    For me here in the UK it was always number 2.
  • There is no "tripping" of the penguin filter. It's an offline filter meaning it runs periodically. It's not constantly running. 
  • @jampackedspam that's what i mean by a trip.

it's run perodically from what i know.  i.e. if you look at the backlink profile it's heavily overoptimized for best wrinkle cream (96%).  

so what i mean by a trip is that when penguin runs the next refresh that site "theoretically" should tank.
  • Isn't Penguin 2 is now part of the algo rather than being a filter?  I'm sure that's why they've called it Penguin 2 rather than Penguin 4.
  • Typically sites that show up in the tops spots immediately after they are registered are 301's from other sites.
  • Looks like that #1 best wrinkle cream site was turfed last night.  At least when I search, it now shows up around the #60 spot.
  • yes you are right, #40 for me... mmm interesting.
  • It's #7 now.
  • Still sitting around 63 for me . . . I'm searching from Canada