Skip to content

My results so far using - GSA + ACW, TBS,

Comments

• @davbel I use BackupBuddy to backup and then restore to another new domain. Takes a few steps to change site title, description, theme, etc. But all the necessary plugins and configs are there. Save time.

One thing I like much about WP is flexibility, especially scheduling. I can queue articles in text files for a year. Then let it run itself. A plugin called collaboration emails will notify me via email when it is published, so I know it's time to optimize for certain keywords.

@Crownvic and others: How do you handle content scheduling with XSitePro and Serif Webplus? Do you publish all 20-25 articles immediately upon building your site?
  • @Audioguy I'll prob go with Clickbump and Jump Start Pro for my WP sites as it seems to do what I want once it's set up.

I just wanted an easier solution than WP as some of the sites I do are only 3 or 4 pages and have a life of about 6-18 months and once they are set up, they never change.

• @davbel What do you feel about the footprint Clickbump would leave? I saw the site some time ago. Seems like they've added some very interesting themes. Indeed very handy for building quick sites.
  • @audiguy .. if your emd is not indexed in google...see on wayback machine if its not dropped domain [with shit spam previous]
  • @senty4love Nope, not there.

Perhaps next time I should get the domain indexed first before trying this.
  • This thread is so inspiring. I'm about to test this method with my own twist  :D Already set up the project with 90k kw list. But, the difference here is I'm going to test it on a 6 month old domain with no EMD and had 1 article on totally unrelated topic  :D
  • @system0102 .. interesteed to know how that goes for you
  • nicerice  I'll let you know...if there is any results at all  :D

Oh yeah, forgot to say that although that site had 1 article on unrelated topic for the past 6 months, I totally redesigned it and put on 4 articles on related topic now. So it looks neat and some onsite SEO is done too. 
  • gay, i just wrote a massive comment and it deleted..

anyway, @ron, i was asking you about WP. I use it myself for all my 'real' sites but sometimes I feel like throwing the computer out the window.. the sites get so slow sometimes.. especially when the plugins kick in..

have you any ideas / suggestions into speeding up a WP site?
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    Hi @insane. Did you find out the spam email issue? I use ACW, GSA (obviously) and Berman. And I have no such issues. So that leaves the other 3...
  • InSane - there are a lot of things you can do to speed up your Wordpress site. For one, make sure that your theme is not bloated and slow to begin with. Use Google's pagespeed tool and follow the recommendations that it gives you: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights

-Optimize your images and compress them. Usually they are the biggest culprit for slowing a site down: http://www.smushit.com/ysmush.it/

-Add the following lines to your Htaccess file: 
    AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html text/plain text/xml application/xhtml+xml
    AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/x-javascript application/javascript text/javascript text/css
    <FilesMatch ".(ico|pdf|flv|jpg|jpeg|png|gif|js|css|swf)$">
    ExpiresActive On
    ExpiresDefault "access plus 1 year"
    </FilesMatch>
    Header unset ETag
    FileETag None

-Enable GZip compression by clicking Optimize Website under Software/Services in your cPanel

-Use a cache plugin such as WP Total Cache

-Avoid having long pages. Minimize javascript

• ronron SERLists.com

@Insane, I don't use that many plugins. Google xml, contact form, and maybe w3 total cache if the site gets big (which really helps).

You need to check the theme against the google speed test before you buy as you can stick in any url, even the demo url.

• Awesome thanks guys, will have a look into this..
  • Not tested extensively, but the themes from Clickbump seem to be a lot faster than other WP themes I've used
  • ronron SERLists.com
    I think Clickbump themes were the fastest from my tests. You just have to be happy with their designs as they are made for adsense.
  • Clickbump is fast. The developer is a big advocate of fast websites.
  • Well, speed of a particular theme may not as important as we think. I'd rather use a theme with optimized code, has the features I want with minimal CSS & JS code, etc because page speed and load time depends on size. Even though I use minifiers, those are code that I can't get rid of, if I want that feature.

If you use BackupBuddy or similar plugin to install WP to a new domain, then you'll have all the plugins you need configured immediately so I always have W3 Total Cache installed.

Even with slow themes, the initial loading of the page might be slow (but often just fraction of a second), but after that... server doesn't even have to hit the PHP engine. Just serve the HTML code from cache as static file. If you use nginx as your web server, that happens to be the case.

So if you set cache age to 24 hours, that means a page has to load one time every 24 hours. The rest of the day it serve the page just like any static page (XSitePro, WebPlus, Dreamweaver, etc.) 
  • Update to my post on May 15th. My money page has moved to page 9 from page 26 in one month. I am loving the automation and power of GSA. To be fair, I have other pages that are getting hit today from the new G update. Two pages disappeared from the index from page 2 and page 3. I will try to bring them back.
    On my successful page I follow the basic formula everyone is outlining. I manually write a spintax article of about four paragraphs of fresh content. I make sure to put in a high percent of variables. I run the project until I have 12 - 15 tier 1's set up. Then that is it for that project. I start to build tiers on top of that. When I get to Tier 3, I throw everything at it. Then I start over with a new article, and so on. For a few weeks it moves like a yo-yo, but then after about a month it kicks in pretty good.

2 things that are critical to success rates. 

#1 - get private, exclusive proxies. It makes a night and day difference. Blazing fast results.

#2 Pay for the GSA Index feature and integrate it into GSA. Otherwise you cannot move quickly enough to build the upper tiers.
  • my site got slapped also yesterday.... i cheked with ahref and notice alot of links are gone now, a massive amount of links being removed
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    edited May 2013
    I am using nginx + Apache as reverse proxy for my WP site and have the DB split via load balancing. I am also using CDN for the static stuff and W3 Total Cache and have minified everything and even created sprites. Few days ago I started using headJS...

It's worth doing, you only need to get it setup once now my site loads in 2-3s in full, before it took 14-20s....

Anyone who is using WP on a vps/dedi server should definitely get W3 TC, it's free!
  • ok this is ridiculous... i just picked a random 1600 keyword.
    created a webs.com with exact mach.
    copied some content in another language, translate it, i added my keyword to the content and some secondary keywords.
    then i blasted the shit out of that site using every possible links, 100 links per day per 1 month, now i am #1 for 2 weeks so far.
    Now i need some help in how to monetize that because  webs.com its kind of complicated to handle for me... and dogs products in amazon are so cheap. any thoughts?
  • Try CPA I've used that to monetize some of my micro sites on autopilot.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    Look what competitors are offering and reverse engineer the affiliate program. I do that all the time. 
  • InSaNe How did your sites cope with the latest update?
  • What is biggest concern is the manual reviewers that why i always make it so difficult to track down my main website......
  • edited May 2013
    like with my money site i will have 1 high pr blog and then 4 web 2.0 blogs pointing to that full of good quality content and then gsa just for 1 keyword :)
  • (these web2.0 are in tiers not all poitning to the high pr blog) oh and im not counting the hundreds of tiers gsa makes too LOL... sorry for some reason the forum wont let me edit my post
  • @MBCMediaUK and others.
    My spam sites did get a bit of a hit this week.
    My first spam site from this post finally got hit.. went down 10 or so spots, so i'm assuming that will disapear soon.
    Also I had a round of new ones this week, so none of them have popped up, which i am to assume were a waste of money and I should start again,
    Other sites are fine and still up top.

so i'd say around 30% of my sites got raped this week :(

but that still leaves 70% of goodness :)

• @Rodol

That is an awesome result using webs.com. I built 2 free webs.com websites about a week ago and I they are not indexed yet!!!

Are you using the free version of webs? And if so, do you just hit the publish button and start link building and that's it?
  • yes free version and yes just publish button, i removed all the pages and leave only Home tab. @DarrenHaynes