Skip to content

What Type Of Backlinks Are Recommended Towards Tier 1 ?

Comments

• @ron that's fricken gold right there... all take note please
  • @Ron... Good stuff! Thanks for your helpful advice.

What settings are you using for your contextual links?

For contextual links I've been using my primary keyword in the main anchor text box + checking the "use secondary anchor text with 70%" + checking use anchor text variations with 20%. The others (generic anchor text and use domain as anchor text) I've left unchecked.

Would you do it differently?

• ronron SERLists.com

20% URL; 10% Generic; 70% Anchor

Anchor Text Variations: 20%

I usually have at least ten different anchors in the primary anchor box.

• @ron AMAZING!!!  okay... no more questions regarding difference between tiers & secondary links (kitchen sink)

@rodol "You need to understand what tiers links are first, TIERS are only CONTEXTUAL LINKS, that mean (wikis, social networks, web 2.0, articles)" -> i was like...... WHHATT?!  now i totally get it ;)

will now have to rephrase my question with proper terminology:

secondary links (T1A/T1B/T1C/T2A/T3A), gsa platforms to use are:
    blog comment
    directory
    document sharing
    forum
    guestbook
    image comment
    indexer
    microblog
    social bookmark
    video

gsa platforms not used in tiers OR secondary links:
    pingback
    trackbacks
    referrer

as a general baseline setup, this sounds correct? ;)
  • @ron Amazing stuff, things have just clicked for me! Will try this out now, think I have been doing it the 'bad' straightline way
    :((
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited February 2013

You can always edit projects on T2 and lower. Just copy the project. In one copy remove submitted and verified crap links. Change the platforms to be the contextual ones. You now have a correct T2. Rename it.

Then go back to the original one. Delete contextual submitted and verified links. Change engines to whatever your kitchen sink is. Rename it T2A.

Delete URL cache and history. Make sure you aim project to correct URL/Project for link building. Make any necessary adjustments for rate of link building as appropriate.

Takes 5 minutes for each one. Make lemonade out of lemons. No wasted effort.

You didn't do it wrong. Just less efficiently. You were building a lot of links to links that will disappear, or links that are crap.

This is a 'modular' approach like Legos. You can always add on easily when things are streamlined.

• @ron, cheers for that, have almost edited all my projects!

1) For your 'T2A' links, you don't add in contextual engines?

2) I guess it's not worth having a T1A as that would be just what we're trying to avoid right?
  • i think most ppl that don't get great submissions didn't understand what Tiers are ...
    (like me at start doh).. best check out ... the link @thisisalex posted and
    https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/879/guide-high-quality-campaign ..
    pretty anything you need to know is explained there by ppl that got great knowledge with SER and are kind enough to share it with the ppl here in the board!
    All knowledge you need to start a successfully campaign with SER is written on this board .. just READ ..before the forum was up i used SER totaly the wrong way .. and then i read the threads here and started to understand ..the real power if this great seo tool ;). so as thisisalex says READ READ READ and gain knowledge ;)
  • Just listen to matthew tier guide its everything you need to know about tiered link building
  • @wezza

from https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/879/guide-high-quality-campaign#Item_3

"Possible Secondary Engines:
    -
    No Follow Contextuals: JCow, MediaWiki and alike. Those engines could
    be used for varying the backlinks to your money site for instance
    - Microblogs / Social Bookmarks / Web Directories: Just point these to each tier to strenghten your site/links
    - Niche related Comments: It seems like a good idea to me if some good blog comments are pointing to the money site
    -
    Blog-/Image Comments / Trackbacks / Profiles / Guestbooks: Use this to
    attract the spiders so your created backlinks won't get unnoticed by the
    search engines.
    "

so the contextual is saved for the tiers, not secondary links coming from the side
  • @ron - How are you getting your web 2.0 links Verified? I have a bunch of Submits, but hardly any verified. Are you posting the first post on these with no links and then re-posting to these account in a second campaign with links? Trying to figure out the best way to get web 2.0 posts thru the administrators on these.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited March 2013

Up until about 2 weeks ago I was getting web 2.0's, but I haven't gotten any since. For the short term, I will put up with the status quo. If I can't get them through the alleged service that is going to take care of it, then I will probably get LWB or something like that.

But you are absolutely correct. If you really want to play the game properly on these, you would want to put up a decent-to-read-spun article with no links. Come back in about 7-10 days and drop in a link.

These things can rank and help you out tremendously without a second post...I have done it both ways successfully, so a second post isn't critical.

Having said all that, I have found that regular articles and social network spun crap works great in getting you ranked. In other words, I don't revolve my life around the concept that you need great quality on tier 1. I have already proven to myself time and time again it doesn't matter.

What does matter sometimes, depending on the web 2.0 platform, is that you will not get approved unless you put up a decent article.

So I have to weigh my time and decide whether I want to slow down and create a web 2.0 property on a difficult platform, and usually my answer is No. 

• scpscp
    edited March 2013
    @ron - great response, thanks for the verification and for sharing your blueprint on this thread.

Question, are you doing any sentence level spinning? If so, what tools are you using? I saw on another thread someone was cranking out sentence and paragraph level spun content quickly using Chimpspin and Dragon. Curious what your approach was to this.
  • @ron "This is as good as it gets from me. No more questions. You either get it or you don't. "  < awesome!

My motto's in Internet marketing - Painted on the wall at the office -  "Check Your Fu****g Links!" and "Read The Fu****g Manual".  More money is lost by online marketers with links that don't work than anything!  If you're not using a link watching service to your offers, then, well, I'm sorry.

Would a SER/SEO Wiki be a good idea?  It takes hours to weed through this forum.
  • Ron . The ranking you are getting is sticking ? Are you getting ranking for competitive keywords also?
  • @swede what link watching service are you using?
  • ronron SERLists.com

@scp - I'm not doing sentence level spinning - using KM. I mean the spin, well, is so spun I don't even know how I could improve upon it or make it any worse, and I'm afraid to try lol :)

@shan - Yeah, you would shiver at what I'm doing, going after 50,00 -150,000 exact match. And stuff is sticking. One site I put up just a few months ago is getting 1000 uniques a day. And yes, everything in my T1,2,3 is spun to all living hell. And I'll probably go straight to hell for it too.

• edited March 2013
    @scp  http://www.offersnitch.com

Works great, I point the alerts to my cell.  As a large volume traffic buyer, it's saved me many thousands of dollars.  Nothing worse than an offer going down in the middle of a good strip club.
  • @swede - "Nothing worse that an offer going down in the middle of a good strip club."  haha classic!

• @Ron you got for 50,00 -150,000 exact match kws only with GSA and T1, T2, T3 ?
  • yes @danhoff that's what he meant
  • the drip feed option is not working for me. I set 10 submission per day but it's continue to submit more than that so i have to stop it manually.
  • edited March 2013
    Would a SER/SEO Wiki be a good idea?  It takes hours to weed through this forum.

Yes!
  • feel free to start one and keep it up to date ;)
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    edited March 2013

"takes hours of weed" or "takes hours to reed" ? ;P But yes a wiki would be nice if someone can maintain it ;)

• @ron "I'm not doing sentence level spinning - using KM. I mean the spin,
    well, is so spun I don't even know how I could improve upon it or make
    it any worse, and I'm afraid to try lol".

Wait - there are two possibilities with KM - sentence spin and paragraph spin. I suppose you are using sentence spin option with KM, am i right?

Also, i have a question about your unique "contextual only" tier system: How many articles do you have on your T1 T2 T3 tiers? 

Like for example: 100 articles pointing to your money page, 300 articles pointing randomly to all 100 T1 articles, 500 articles pointing randomly to all 300 T2 articles?

thanks for helping people here mate :)
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited March 2013

@traged - They call it paragraph mixer, and I have that set at 10, no sentence spinning. I just kind of used the defaults.

There is no magic on the tiers. I set the thing to either 10 or 20 per day on T1, and either 10:1 or 20:1 per url on lower tiers. Usually 10:1 on newer sites, and then 20:1 after a while.

Whatever it produces, it produces. Some get removed on re-verify, so the numbers vary and I don't try to have a fixed number. After all, it is a process of growth, not a static number.