Skip to content

What Type Of Backlinks Are Recommended Towards Tier 1 ?

Comments

• those are only that questions that SER don't solve by itself if i'm not wrong. CB doesn't do any text captchas. only image captchas.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @thisisalex & @Ron - have a look at your unsolved text captcha file in SER. 

Have a look how many are maths ones. 

Then add your thoughts here:

My guess is that a large proportion are maths ones that could get solved without the AMB service. Would be interested to know what you guys are finding. 
  • ronron SERLists.com
    Sorry I don't save that file.
  • Hi ron

do you set up the whole project at once or do you build Tier by Tier. Build T1 and finish it wait verify then build T2 wait verify then T3. Or do you just set T1,T2,T3 all on day one and let them run? I hope my question makes sense?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    On new properties I prefer to drip a few links per day for the first week or two before starting tiers. Then ideally I like starting a new tier once a week or so...a gradual increase in momentum to me looks kind of natural. Existing properties with links already built...I roll everything out together. 
  • @ron you've said that you're targeting niches that have 55.00 - 150.000 results.

You're talking here about keyword searches (like Google Keyword Tool) or about the results displayed in Google - "About xxx results (0.xx seconds)"?

Thanks
  • ronron SERLists.com

GKWT. I never pay attention to those website stats in search results. I never understood why people look at that crap.

The only thing that will tell you what you need to know about an opportunity is the exact match local and an analysis of Page 1 competitors in the serps. 

• So if the keyword has less than 150.000 searches per month... it's doable with SER to gain first 5 positions on page 1 and an exceptional build linking strategy?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    Yes. But it depends mainly on the competition.
  • edited March 2013
    Allright man. Got it. Thanks a lot...

Also how many links in T1 would you blast daily to a doorway page?

• edited March 2013
    @ Ron How do you analysis of Page 1 competitors in the serps? What are the main factors you look within competitors site if you want to rank a 150000 search per month term ?

Are you using VPS ? if yes which one?
  • Hi Ron, this fantastic info you are sharing with us all for free. I am very grateful and big respect. I just read through all your answers on this thread, and you are providing gold to us - for free!

I would like to pick your brain just a little more about anchor text variation for tier 1 contextual links you are using via KM. Not sure if I am understanding you 100% form what you have said here, but are you just using <a href="%URL%"><%anchor_text%> and for the %anchor_text% you are using about 10 keywords (probably a primary keyword and 9 or so very closely related secondary keywords?)

If this is the case you are not using any generic terms or naked URL for your contextual tier 1 links?
  • Another bookmarked thread. Thanks Ron ;)
  • Hello @ron, in you post above you say "If you plan on having a Third Tier, then include in Tier 2 (as a separate project)" why are you doing a separate project for tier 2?
    Thank you.
  • >>> @ron : Not sure what you mean. I use the url/keyword token in my KM spins, so I know that I am going to get one of my keywords. Of course I have a setting for naked url as well so that gets mixed in there too, as well as generic.

Didnt think the day will come where i give you a tip, but there is a %link%-token which is basically the same as the anchor/url one, but if you use it, it will place an anchor text or just a URL link by the percent you specify. im only using that token and it works as it should.
  • ronron SERLists.com

Sorry guys, I lost track of this thread.

@DarrenHaynes - Yes, I use about 10 keywords on every T1. The only thing I am doing differently now is I have created a very large list of secondary keywords (about 1,000), and I include a few generic terms in there. So now, I have generic turned off, and use my secondary field a lot more to create a nice blanket of diverse terms. I think that is a smarter method these days.

@blopa, I couldn't find that clip that you quoted, so I am completely lost on what I said. If you can copy the full text, I am happy to answer.

@Startrip - I like only having one link per article. And with the settings that SER provides, I can get almost exactly the distribution of Naked URL and all the other terms that I want. Some people like having other tokens in there, and that is totally cool.

• @ron
    I couldn't find it myself but I was smart enough to save that in a text file, let's see if it helps:

Tier 1 - Contextual platforms where you can leave an article - Social Network, Web2.0 and Articles. I use KM exclusively for these with outstanding results (and I also endorse ACW which is great as well). If you have a prized moneysite that is worth the extra effort, I would also build some manual web2.0's that are human reviewed, and write some articles or outsource it.

Tier 2 - The kitchen sink, which is basically the other platforms. I don't use trackbacks, pingback or referrer for these. If you plan on having a Third Tier, then include in Tier 2 (as a separate project) the same platforms as Tier 1.

Tier 3 - If you do a Tier 3, then shoot the kitchen sink (above) to both Tier 2 projects.

It is important to understand that contextual properties will gather the most value in tiering. The other links are of lesser value (for example, a bookmark is not something to create tiers under if you get my drift - who would be linking in to bookmarks in real life - and it will never accumulate value like an article). So always draw up your tiering scheme to run contextual properties undermeath one another, and hit each layer of contextual links with the kitchen sink. These are the properties you want to feed the link juice.

Bear in mind that using Forum will get your email blacklisted quicker, so you may want to separate that platform. If you have anything that you must absolutely have a PR filter on (like blogs), you are best to break out those platforms as separate projects as you will slow down GSA and find fewer targets. The same applies to the OBL link filter.

Personally, I do not use these filters as I have found that I am ranking really well without them. I have always been a fan of high PR, but I have found since Penguin that this rule is no longer the rule. Most things you post on with the exception of blogs and maybe guestbooks have very low OBL's, so it isn't worth it.

The part I'm interested now is: "If you plan on having a Third Tier, then include in Tier 2 (as a separate project) the same platforms as Tier 1" I wanted to know why I should use a separate project for that tier.

I've just got a copy of AWC, so I'm planning to use articles generated with that software to build my tier1, tier2 and tier3.

Thank you very much for all the useful information you provide in this forum.

Regards,

Pablo.

• Ron

Cheers for the reply - you rock!
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    edited June 2013
    @blopa if I understand correctly, you are using Kontent Machine to create content T1 links to post to? Do you let SER find the links?
  • @spunko2010, no, I'm planning to use AWC to create content for T1 and then let SER do the backlinkg over the T1.
  • @spunko2010 the above was just a copy of Ron's previous post which I needed some clarification.
  • @blopa: Separating projects into contextual and kitchen sink will help because you only want to build links to pages with contextual links, not to kitchen sink. There's little use and will waste your SER resource if you build links to social bookmarks, for instance because they scroll off page soon.

There's no point in building links to comments too, because they're already indexed by Google. The best you can do is to strengthen it a bit, but again, use your resource wisely for your other "not-yet-indexed" links instead.
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    Does kitchen sink just mean generic?
  • @spunko2010 it's everything else that doesn't post a contextual article.

• ronron SERLists.com
    edited June 2013

Kitchen Sink = T1A, T2A, T3A = Junk Tiers = Non-Contextual

@blopa - The point I was making was that I copy my T2 and T3 off of my T1. Obviously the links are pointing to the tier ahead of it, but otherwise they are clones. And the same applies with the T2A and T3A being clones of my T1A.

And you really want to build separate projects for contextual links vs. junk links. You don't want to mix them. Otherwise you are backlinking to junk links which is a complete total waste of using SER. You only want to backlink to properties that will be around and that are contextual.

• In all my tiered projects, I use rons diagram design for all my tiers and I have the following checked.

- Skip Sites with more than 50 outgoing links
    - Skip sites with a PR below 1
    - Skip also unknown PR

I think ron is saying don't check these, but I'm starting to see high ranking for some keywords in Bing. I don't how good Bing traffic is but better than nothing.

Should I uncheck these options? I appreciate the help guys.
  • why you have skip sites with outgoing links and skip sites with PR, if you are building BRAND NEW contextual links, think about it... you are building a new article with a contextual link... all those platforms will be PR ?, so you are skiping all your possible links. 
    And some platforms will have 50 outgoing links but not bad outgoing links it could be: help, contact us, follow us, etc.. kind of outgoing links... so you are skipping more possible new links.
  • OK. You guy got me convinced.

I UNCHECKED ALL OF THESE BELOW FOR T1,T1A,T2,T2A,T3,T3A. Ron has been trying to drill this into me forever. Thx again ron! Lets see how it goes now. Now Bing maybe Google tomorrow. :-}

- Skip Sites with more than 50 outgoing links
    - Skip sites with a PR below 1
    - Skip also unknown PR
  • ronron SERLists.com

It's more like I want to shoot you and put you out of your misery.

When you leave them unchecked, you get *all* of them. If you check those boxes, you will barely have any links. It is that simple. And having too few links is a killer.

• Perfect, thank you @ron.