Skip to content

SER & Tiers

Comments

• ronron SERLists.com
    @Domainer - The core methodology is pretty much the same. We did document some changes in our recent SER Tiers Part 2 (premium content which was bundled with our last list) that gets into churn and burn strategies, etc.

The T1 part is different these days. I make my T1 outside of SER, and use SER for T2 and T3 - that is probably the biggest change. The T1 has to be the absolute best you can do. Sure, you can use SER to help augment the T1 to some limited degree (for diversity's sake), but the T1 is sacred. You need to develop a flawless strategy where your T1 is of the highest quality - and is detachable - in case you need to pull the plug. You always need an escape hatch, and if you find yourself building links on your T1 that you can never remove, then your fate is sealed in concrete. If it is detachable, then you can easily hit the restart button without trashing a totally legit moneysite.
  • @Ron, understand. I know many are going the way of PBN but knowing that things have change in 6-8 months I have some other things working in teh background that I will use in GSA. Getting links from other sites from my own blog post and social media is going to be a huge part of my T1 game.

Following more advanced people like Neil Patel and Backlinko for linking ideas. Thanx for responding
  • ronron SERLists.com
    No problem. Good luck!
  • grax1grax1 Professional SEO, UK | White Label SEO Provider
    @Domainer it's important to make the money site branded and filled out with a lot of content that isn't meant to be monetized but to engage the audience in order to land with guest posts on some real sites - at least that's what I'm doing - it's hard to be featured on authority sites in your niche if you have exactmatch.com with content purely for affiliate programs. Just my 2 cents
  • @grax1 this is a new site that will have hand written content added weekly. It is the type of content that should be able to garner lots of shares and such. Def not a churn and burn site so that is why I want to take it easy with the links but still use GSA in some form
  •  @Ron  Does that mean that you don't throw the kitchen sink to your Tier 1s? 
  • grax1grax1 Professional SEO, UK | White Label SEO Provider
    @bokeboke if you bother to make your T1 shine, why would you harm them in a long-term perspective with low quality links :)

• ronron SERLists.com
    @bokeboke - It depends on if I have a 'disposable' attitude with that website.

If it is a big site, and I don't want to trash it, I keep my T1 immaculate, and have clean campaigns immediately underneath them (as a T2).

If it is a more disposable moneysite, then I will take more risk on my T1, and I will risk more of an onslaught of links directly underneath it.
  • @grax1   @Ron Thanks for the reply.Do you still blast Youtube videos? Or do you set them up like a moneysite with contextuals and tiered links?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @bokeboke - Sorry I just saw this. I don't rank YT videos, so I honestly don't have any solid advice on that.
  • @bokeboke - I rank YT vids.

My advice test like mad - I lose some after 2-3 days and some stick around for months! {dont get hung up just keep moving on there are millions of keywords to target so when google say bye bye I just keep pushing on!}

I dont even try to understand or look into things too much these days - SER is and has really changed my life in the geek world of SEO :)

@ron - man I wish I wasn't so lazy and gave Tiers more of a chance on my projects {I might do one day hehe}

I like really easy money for my time :D
  • edited February 2015
    Good advice from Ron as always. Your tiers will only increase your rank if the content is relevant and unique. If you want to sustain high rankings then all your tiers should be high quality with the absolute best linking to your money site.  Just take it easy and drip feed high quality links and your rankings will go up. I  have ranked for terms with a half million monthly searches using a couple hundred quality links. 
  • @sweeppicker by "quality links" how do you determine if they are or not? Also do you think exact match anchor text is needed?
    Thanks.
  • edited February 2015
    @mrlinks Good advice about not trying to look into or understand too much. I have been trying to figure out why some of my subpages have done well but others have been sent to oblivion.

Could I see one of your videos because I might try and get into video marketing too.
  • edited February 2015
    mooton. It's actually quite easy. 

Is it completely on-topic to the target URL?
    Does the content pass copyscape and show high uniqueness?

The higher the relevance and uniqueness, the greater the quality score attributed to your links This is why scraping articles leads to failed results with SER. The relevance, uniqueness, and readability absolutely sucks. This is exactly what Penguin targets and does so quite well.

I see people blasting 100,000 links and complaining SER doesn't work yet I am getting on the first page with less than a couple hundred links.  I am certainly not trying to be boastful because I used to have the link spammer mindset. I've seen from empirical testing and study the SERPS that those 100,000 links are being largely ignored because they make no sense, are sourced from scraped content, and create a huge footprint. Your basically telling Google your a link spammer.

What Works...

I drip feed hand spun, super relevant contextual links to my tiers and it works great. My VAs create fresh seed article which are then spun together and optimized for maximum readability and uniqueness. I also make sure to post to platforms that stick and index well. It's all about your strategy. GSA is only one part of my SEO blueprint and its mostly used for tiered link-building. 

All of my Tier 1 properties are either owned or controlled by me and built to the highest quality (unique, hand-written content) to pass the maximum amount of trust and authority to my money sites. This is a long term SEO strategy and not for churn and burn. I no longer have to worry about sites being penalized or trashed by algo updates and has allowed me to grow my business instead of chasing my tail. I also use my PBNs, web 2.0s, and some other link generation methods.

It all depends on your strategy and goals but this has made me more money over the years and far greater stability online.

• ronron SERLists.com
    Very nice post @sweeppicker =D>

This is a very difficult environment to rank, so I would take his advice fellas.
  • @sweeppicker Well what you are describing takes a lot of effort. I am still not convinced that Google is clever enough to know how well written something is though.
  • Good point, @sweeppicker . I have tested this and think you are right. I will do this in my strategy. Thanks!!
  • IdontknowIdontknow Romania
    edited February 2015
    sweeppicker you don't need ser to make what you told us. How can you use gsa ser with quality manually articles? Or you tell us to not use gsa ser?:)
    Google is smart enough to ask for articles manualy writen and is stupid enough to not see your tactics...I think here are few smart and many stupid...

• edited February 2015

mooton. I work my ass off. If there was a magic button that made money shoot out of my computer I would have pressed it a long time ago and retired in the Bahamas. Lol. Sorry but I am just telling it like it is. A lot of people don't like to hear that ... you either have to invest time or money. But honestly, if you have a better strategy then by all means go for it! :)

Idontknow . I use SER for mass account creation so ,yes, it's a huge timesaver. What I don't do is spam the heck out of my tiers with crappy links. Been there. Done that. Lol. 

My VAs handle my content creation and spinning. This means I only need a few hundred maybe thousand contextual links total to rank top of first page in my markets. Quality and relevance beats quantity here.

I'm basically combining the automation of black hat with the quality of white hat. It's the best of both worlds IMHO. My expenses are also way down as one copy of SER and a VPS is all I need to run multiple campaigns. By focusing on the 80/20 rule I  have cut down on the amount of unnecessary links , time, and money that goes into an SEO campaign. SER is still a great tool! Just use it wisely :)

BTW, Ubertoolz is pretty awesome if you want to make super high-quality and relevant spins that will pass lots of link juice. You will need a handful of fresh unpublished seed articles to build you master spins so there is work involved. http://www.ubertoolz.com. Don't worry, no affiliate link.

edited February 2015
    Ok, but you don't use lists from around here, your lists are not spammed by all. Right? You don't need tiers also.
    You can't use a spammed lists and rank ok and all lists arund here are spammed. I use software like FCS just for account creation also.

Sorry you don't use black hat, just white. Using ser for making accounts is not black hat :)
  • edited February 2015
    Idontknow. I have used lists from here from the past and the best ones were from Ron in case anybody is wondering.  I do most of my own list building with GScraper. Very powerful tool.

You can use spammed lists to rank as long as the content surrounding you link does not look like SPAM. Those site still pass link juice which makes them great for tiering. 

They are not good for tier 1s though because the links often disappear in a few months which means your rankings become unstable. Use them for T2 and T3 with good quality spins and you will see results. 

edited February 2015
    Do you recognize a hand spun article? I belive you do. Admins recognize also that. Google can't do that just manual operator do that. Articles are deleted all, nobody stay to verify your articles one by one. Google can't give you juice on spammed site just cause you have readability.

Come on guys, we use same google...

• "Google can't give you juice on spammed site just cause you have readability."

Quality content is determined by ALL three factors: Uniqueness, relevancy, and readability.

edited February 2015
    Ok, ok. I don't buy this. You have Uniqueness, relevancy, and readability on same time. 
    I buy your content source wich must be Alibaba's cave :) Tell me your price! If I will have that I will need just one article cause google will compare that with 1.215.563.775 sites(source http://www.internetlivestats.com/total-number-of-websites/) online and will give me one big gift :)

• I would have to agree with the last comment, because then Google would have to be smart enough to understand articles like a human can and there's no way that it is.
  • 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited February 2015
    IMO what @sweeppicker is saying is correct if you want to build a long term asset, and I do a similar thing myself.

The way I look at it is like this;

Your link surrounded by irrelevant content = IBL possibly devalued next time penguin comes to town.

Your link surrounded by duplicate content = content possibly devalued by panda taking IBL with it.

Your link surrounded by unreadable content = possibly deleted by moderator

Lot's of 'maybe's' there. but you get the idea?

That's not to say that you can't rank with auto-generated spun content (I rank all of my C&B sites with KM spun content on tier 1, and it works great), but generally speaking it isn't a good long term strategy.

edited February 2015
    mooton we are talk here for nothing. Make a test, 100 links with articles good quality and 100 content creator tools, on first 100 contextual you find with scrapebox. I know result :)
    Google want now quality, but not because he can recognise, but because google deindex sites. The main guardian of spam is not google but site's admins scared by google. If you have good site's admin you don't let posting anyone with automatic tools. So we spam just sites with no admins. Google faster can talk wich site is low(no admins) then read my content.
    Google with his updates just bloked all SEO and bloked all internet to grow, from 2012 numbers of sites are not increasing.
  • @2Take2 I don't use gsa ser for long time sites. I have my sites on first page but not using automatic tools.
    If you have sites on first page with gsa ser you make this by number(number of links). I don't belive you can mix white hat with black hat IF you care about your site. Black hat+quality+google TOS=White hat.
  • edited February 2015
    mooton . They don't have to understand it like humans because computers can't think (at least not yet). They just need to understand the meaning and correlate the relevance. 

This is very simple to prove. Run  a page on your site though Google keyword planner under the landing page option. Google will tell you what it thinks the page is about. Now take a contextual link pointing to your site and run that through it. Again, Google will tell you what it thanks that page is about.  If the relevance doesn't match then that target keyword more often than not won't rank well.

Have you ever ran Adwords? 

Landing pages and ads that don't have a strong relevant correlation are assigned a poor quality score. Landing pages with copied content also get a poor qualiy score. SEO works in much the same way.  Google has been doing this for years in the way they calculate website rankings.

And yes, Google can detect grammatical errors, improper context of word placement, etc. This is well documented. 

BTW, Google's AI is getting very good. The strides they have made in voice recognition and speech to text translation are incredible in the last 5 years. They will only get better and better at detecting low quality links so if you wan't to build along term money making assets then plan accordingly ;)