Skip to content

HORRIBLE RESULTS.

edited January 2013 in Need Help
Its only demo version but these results don't really help me so I don't think I'll be buying Unless I see this fixed.

http://i.imgur.com/lI6h2.png
http://i.imgur.com/0UIuC.png
http://i.imgur.com/3fQqM.png
http://i.imgur.com/ZrQe4.png
http://i.imgur.com/iF5mv.png

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    edited January 2013
    Nothing needs to be fixed. You just need to learn how to use the software. I see you only have 4 search engines selected by default and you aren't using any proxies at all. Most likely your I.P. is banned from scraping the SE's.
  • edited January 2013
    Proxies would only make me timeout failing even more submissions/verified urls and 4 search engines is all I need since I am targetting those.
  • I cant see your images, but there are 2 threads right now about helping new ones to improve results check this one: https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/1440/identify-low-performance-factor#Item_3
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro

Proxies would only make me timeout failing even more
    submissions/verified urls and 4 search engines is all I need since I am
    targetting those.

This isn't true at all. If you scrape google, your IP will get blocked.  You need proxies at least for scraping.  You can choose to use proxies for posting.  I use my private proxies for everything.
  • If your IP gets flagged in stop forum spam, your success will be horrible, regardless of the software.
    Unfortunately, there're no magic solutions and if you want to get the maximum from a software you need to master it. The same goes for xrumer, for example. If you don't learn how to use it, is useless.
  • OzzOzz
    edited January 2013
    i would say you need proxies at least for posting. SEs may temp-ban you when you query them too often but if you have a fine selection of those and don't set the 'query time' to low you are safe and get results.

but if you don't use proxies for posting your IP will get banned within hours and/or complains of site owners which should be avoided obviously.
  • edited January 2013
    my results are horrible. 5 verifieds in 400 submissions

where can i get free proxys
  • GSA have a integrated proxie scrapper... 
  • @sumusiko
    Public (free) proxies are horrible for posting, unless you can get a good number. Search in Google for proxy lists or in forums like BHW. If you can afford it, invest in private proxies as they make a huge difference. The success rate will increase drastically.
  • do you a favour and buy at least 10 shared proxies from proxy-hub for a month and test with them.

public proxies will hurt your submission rate a lot but could be ok if your goal is not to build tons of backlinks each day. to get public proxies go to
    --> options -> submission -> configure

read this thread to get a deeper understanding and increase your thread count a lot when using public proxies.
  • sumusiko yeah don't buy it cause you will become our competitor. haha

If you want to use this "THE MOST POWERFUL SEO TOOL" try to learn how to use it, then comment your result after that.

Watch this @Sven GSA video tutorial : https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/11/gsa-search-engine-ranker-video-tutorials-updated-2012-10-01#Item_3

Also this FAQ, https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/155/inofficial-gsa-search-engine-ranker-faq#Item_50

Hope this will help...
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Go buy yourself some coffee....lots of it....start reading....keep reading...

Start of by reading the FAQ at least 3 times. That should get you started nicely. :-)
  • I did read and I did watch I still cant improve my verifieds....
  • you say 5 verifieds in 400 submissions, what platforms are you sending links? you have bad words and pr filters?
  • Crank up that HTML timeout (120-160 sec), lower your threads depending on the private proxies you use (20 proxies = 40-80 threads), check to make sure your email isn't blacklisted, and make sure you are using fast private proxies. Also ensure that the "Automatically disable bad proxies on use" is checked, so you don't have any bad proxies ruining your results.

These 4 checks have always helped with my verification rates......
  • I am using OBL >50 and pr1+ only.

I got HTML up to 120 and I'll put 60 threads
  • It is advisable NOT to check "Automatically disable bad proxies on use" otherwise you may end up disabling all your proxies and running off your own IP (or your VPS IP) and end up getting into trouble.

Your choice of course...
    :-?
  • @Brumnick - this is not sound advice, my friend, unless your using public proxies. In that case, do not check auto-disable bad proxies.
    Your going to need to check this if your running dedi or shared proxies (especially shared proxies). From time to time, a few paid shared proxies will either slow down or not respond for a few minutes or more (most of the time their up). You will want to disable these for the time being until their running smoothly again. You don't want to utilize a problem proxy with scraping/posting or else your simply missing out on results and links.
  • OzzOzz
    edited January 2013
    I'm with Brummick when you want to make sure that your original IP never should be used for posting.

Whenever you forgot to update your fresh proxy list for instance and the proxy provider disable the old ones, than you will post with the IP of your VPS or home connection.

For security reasons I would leave 'Automaticall disable bad proxies on use' unchecked.

But like Brumnick said, its your choice of course. With a good stack of proxies from different provider you can check this pretty safely.
  • @Ozz - I still don't understand why you would do that? If you have 20 private proxies and 1 or 2 are lagging/not working, wouldn't you want to disable them for the time? Those temp lagging proxies would cost you a few submissions/verifications. Obviously I am ONLY speaking about private proxies and not public.

I don't see a case where all my private proxies would be down and I would utilize my own IP. Unless your using expired private proxies (I'm notified of new ones every month 3-4 times, so this would be hard) then this wouldn't be the case.  Also, note, I've never ever had problems with using "no proxies", but I also don't use extremely high thread counts either.
  • ronron SERLists.com

@grafx77 - I can assure you that your personal IP will be listed in every spam forum alive unless you leave that box "unchecked".

Please read my thread from several months ago on this:

https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/550/this-proxy-thing-is-going-to-get-my-ip-banned

The only way I can explain it is that private proxies have their hiccups too. There has been at least one thread on this where people were complaining that they would check their proxies, and all would be fine. And then one minute later, a few would say "not working". Then a minute later, all fine again.

One by one, as you blast GSA, there will be momentary hiccups on private proxies. And one by one, if that box is checked, each one will get disabled until there are none. AND that is when your IP gets listed in every spam forum on the planet.

• I am personally paranoid so I always use VPN (StrongVPN) and private proxies for everything and still don't check "automatically disable bad proxies on use". I'd rather have double protection and still not get my home IP banned.

Sure I might miss out on some results and links because of bad proxies but that does not really matter seeing GSA builds so many links (and will continue to build)... getting your personal IP banned will be worse.

sumusiko - Pretty much what has already been stated here. Use private proxies, use them for scraping too and wait for a while as verifications are not done immediately. Sometimes they are manually verified (depending on the platform) so all links will never be verified.
  • @ron - I read over the thread you posted. Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Now you have me paranoid about my own IP being blacklisted.......fortunately I have dynamic IP. ;-)

I see your point and I do use buyproxies.org. On occasion, I have woke up to see that all my 20 private proxies were deselected..........even though when tested again in SER and SB, they are perfectly fine (very weird).

I actually like oil's suggestion on that thread about having your private proxies loaded, but also having SER search for more proxies (every other hour or so) with a timeout of 5 secs to ensure their fast. That way you won't have to worry about all your private proxies being down, yet still utilizing SER with your backup public proxies in case that happens. Seems kinda like a win win until Sven solves the issue posted on that thread.
  • "this is not sound advice, my friend, unless your using public proxies. In that case, do not check auto-disable bad proxies. 
    Your going to need to check this if your running dedi or shared proxies (especially shared proxies). From time to time, a few paid shared proxies will either slow down or not respond for a few minutes or more (most of the time their up). You will want to disable these for the time being until their running smoothly again. You don't want to utilize a problem proxy with scraping/posting or else your simply missing out on results and links."

I am sorry, I disagree. I think protection is better then speeding the programme up. I would prefer to get a few less links than risk my own (or VPS') IP. 

Freedom of choice is a great thing though....