Skip to content

GSA+CS crashing servers?

124»

Comments

• based on mamadou's comment above, I consider high quality sites as high PR sites. Maybe we can set the retries at the project level and defaults to global settings if not specified in the project settings.

so if I have a project that is only posting to high PR sites maybe I set the retry to 3 or as high as 5 BUT on lower level tier projects I'll just set it to 0.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @sootedninjas +1 That's a winner to set retries on a project level. It makes sense to retry captchas on Tier1 projects because that is where your most valuable web properties reside. Tiers 2,3,4 etc. are just lower level links. Plus you build way too many links on those lower tiers and it slows down GSA SER needlessly.
  • "Plus you build way too many links on those lower tiers and it slows down GSA SER needlessly."

This is necessary though because you can not have a ratio of more high PR to low PR links. The higher the PR the harder to get links from those so in google's eyes you should have less high PR links than low pr links.
  • if you have too many high PR links then it is a red flag to google.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited January 2013
    I don't even use PR filters. I was just talking about the pure principle of it all. It just makes sense to have control of captcha retries on a project level for the same reason it makes sense to have control of all the other filters.
  • ok. Although I use PR filters for my Primary T1 project, slightly lower filters for Secondary T1 project and I let it rip for my Tertiary T1 project.
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

You can do something similar to that, once cb is on general release

No need for more mindless setting on each project

Set one csx or cb as captcha one and the other for captcha two

Then set it in a similar way you would paid and non paid

• + 1 for sootedninjas's idea.

Ability to control captcha retries on the project level will be a great addition.

@Sven
    Can you add this to your to do list ?