Skip to content

Extremely low verified URLs..

Comments

• Got less than half the verified today than I did yesterday... Exact same settings no changes!
  • MorphManMorphMan British Expat lost in S.E Asia
    edited March 2014
    Same problem here since I updated to 8.08, very very very low verification rate.  4 days and only 600 verified links on a project I know will easily get over 2K links in a few hours. i'm sure there is a problem with GSA with others reported the same. hopefully a fix will come soon.

• I'll go ahead and eat my words and apologize to @seoaddict. I never have this bad of submitted to verified ratios. Indeed it appears something is wrong with the verification process. I tried troubleshooting and monitored the log but nothing notable to mention. image

I just found a previous version (v 7.85) on my desktop and installed that on my VPS, seems to be working fine now; verification's are how they used to be and it's going nice and fast. So I would take an educated guess that there is some sort of bug in the new version/s.

edited March 2014
    If anyone wants the V 7.85 just drop me a PM, not sure if posting it directly in this thread is allowed

• I'll chime in just to confirm this is happening with me as well.
  • steelbonesteelbone Outside of Boston
    now lets hope this gets fixed soon....been like this for a few days
  • I am seeing the same problem even with version 8.08. My link production is way, way off. My submitted folder keeps growing, but my verified folder isn't.
    edited March 2014
    Anyone heard from sven on this???
  • edited March 2014
    Same issue.... for abour 2 weeks now.
  • what if the new version is just more accurate at finding dead links :)? i hadnt wondered there was anything up since i started verifying every day a few weeks ago i found verifieds drop dramatically fast anyhow. how fast? around 60% over 3 weeks
  • ronron SERLists.com

One of the things that makes this difficult to analyze is when you revert back to an older version, many files like engine files have already been updated on your computer.

So let's say you run v7.50 from early February. The issue is that many files have been modified, like engine files. You can never reproduce the exact 'state' that you were in with that earlier version.

I hope that makes sense.

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

As you all know I am no fan of this LpM thing. I also don't like this "my verified URLs dropped". 

What I need are sample URLs where you think SER is able to post to in old version but fails in new.

i dont have any samples at the moment....but gsa 8.08 is a shell of its former self......running a job for 12 hours and gett 1,000 verified when i usually get 20k tells me something is wrong....im not the only one seeing this...many people are.......
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    still tells me nothing ... if you can not spot it on an URL I can not really help.
    oh well...thanks anyways
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    @sven - I think the problem is that no one has versions that are old enough. This problem goes back some weeks i believe.

Some people only notice it now, but i am running a lot of servers so spend a lot of time staring at SER and this problem is not new for me.

So, it's impossible to show you a URL that an old version could post to but the new version can't.
    IMHO there is something wrong with the verification process across all or most engines.
    But i'm not a coder so i don't know how to find the problem :(
  • Shit I knew I shouldnt update as soon as the green button appears!
  • Same issue. Appears that there has been some bugs in the verification system since early 7.9x where it was not saving project verified targets to the global verified list and now this.
  • Sven there's not really much to spot - the submitted URLs go insanely high, but almost none verify. The older versions of GSA are working, so it's a coding problem in the new one. How else can we help ?
  • edited April 2014
    Update - 7.85 is not having any better results then the new one. Will keep testing older versions - Going back to 7.70, etc.

Update 2 - 7.70 does not work any better.

It must be the engine files or something else causing this problem. We've tested damn near every single version available.
    edited April 2014
    v 7.85 is a lot better than the latest, but still not as it should be, as ron said above even when reverting back to a previous version engines files etc. have already been updated. but v 7.85 I could see an improvement from the get-go after switching back, so a slight improvement. still using v 7.85 as it's the only way I can get ANY verified links.
  • edited April 2014
    7.85 is "okay" I guess, instead of 30 links, I got 45, which is still bad. On this list I should be getting 150+, no Pr filter - HUGE list. But I'm getting max 45. -_--;;
    well fingers crossed a fix comes along soon, pulling what hair I have left out!  ~X(
  • IMHO it's in the scripting files, not the .exe. You can roll back the .exe, but you can't roll back the scripts
  • Yes it seems to most definitely be the scripting files.. engines.. or something. The EXE is pretty much operating the same regardless of the version.
    edited April 2014
    I'm no coding techy geek, but is it not possible to totally clean and delete all previous files and then do a full fresh install of an older .exe? so all the files and I guess scripting files etc. will be new? (or old which ever way you look at it)
    I just went back to the latest version (v 8.09) one thing i did notice is that as soon as i started GSA after the fresh install the verification's where working fine (like a burst of verification's) then it all grinds to slow halt and next to no versification's now.
  • Just to chime in on this, I'm also seeing the same thing as the OP and everyone else in this thread.

Lots of submissions not verifying and just sitting there doing nothing in the project/s. Seems to be happening across the board with most if not all engines, so I can't even pick up the slack with more spam.

I'm down from 50k+ verified per day, to 5k if I'm lucky. :(
  • is this bug still happening :(