Skip to content

SockError: Connection Refused Error

Comments

• @tsaimllc you can just install old version over new and all your projects will be still there, but I don't think that fixes the issue it just gets rid of that annoying msg but I haven't noticed any improvement in performance
  • Yes that's right..I am having the same issue..I even installed 7.51
    and it does not help at all..Sven we need you help!
  • Theres probably files that arent getting re written or erased or something, you probably have to fully uninstall and re install.
  • yes,me too am getting the download failed messages and 400 bad request. its too much @sven what's going on????we need a solution to this problem
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    the solution is a proper proxy provide or network setup. Really, nothing is wrong in SER. At least all things I debuged turned out to be a proxy issue.
  • Seems kindof weird that eveyone is getting the same problem lately and no one had this problem before... seems too common to be user error
  • This issue has been going on for months now.  Literally.  This issue is 1 of 2 things from all the testing and time I spent trying to figure this out.  It's either buyproxies.org Which they say there's nothing wrong, or SER,  which sven says nothing is wrong.

Literally that is the only 2 things that i've seen that are consistent with these issues.  can't be where we are getting the servers from cause we all get different servers from diff places.  but We are all getting proxies from the same place from what i can gather here and we are all using SER so.  It's one of the two. :/
  • I also have the same error.
    I am using buy-proxies dedicated and semi dedicated proxies with very less threads, so I cant understand what is happening.
    all are coming download failed (Return: -, Proxy: 23.95.97.220:80, SockError: Connection timed out) - http://www.website

Shoud I also use old version?
  • Yeah I also tried running it as low as 2 threads per 1 dedi proxy with no success.
    Is anyone here with the same issue using different proxies than buyproxies?
  • edited July 2014
    I use solidseo proxies and buyproxies and both have an issue
  • Old version works great, That error is gone 

Thankssss

Sven this is bcs of the update. It is for sure, there is no sock error.
    I wrote also to buy proxies support it is mainly because of GSA SER so it is not that proxies are wrong 
  • edited July 2014
    I don't seem to have this problem, and I don't use private proxies for submission. Contrary to popular belief I use public scraped proxies (to reduce blob recaptchas) for submission. So maybe Sven is right,

>the solution is a proper proxy provide or network setup. Really, nothing is wrong in SER. At least all things I debuged turned out to be a proxy issue.

My SER threads it set to 500, running on a VPS (greencloudvps, US1 + 1 more core), and occasionally my LpM max out at 400. And I'm using v8.75, and I don't scrape google.

Here's my log,

• i don't know what is wrong.
    I have also tried with harvested proxies on my other PC but anyway the error is the same.
    Still it is running in harvested proxies again with less threads. So...

No idea.
    My proxies are good one.
  • Same problem as everyone else.

• As I mentioned before - I get this error constantly without proxies. I've been going through verified lists using a very fast VPN, same thing.

Have you guys tried without proxies? If so, did you still get these errors?
  • I tried but it didn't help.

Old version is great :) 
    Hope @Sven will review it again, smth is going wrong in new update
  • sonabulghadaryansonabulghadaryan , Which old version did you install? So you are not getting any of those error with old version?
  • no I am not getting. 
    I am using now the one which is suggested here in  the thread 7.51 
  • this is getting worse and worse for me ;/ imageis there a way of completely removing gsa from my vps? I tried in programs and features and removed files in appdata but every time I reinstall it it keeps all my settings and I want a clean fresh install
  • I am trying withpublic proxies and not I get the 'connection reset by peer' dont know what that one means either
  • my campains are dead too. proxy errors all the way, and i just imported verified list to post to and it brings me 1 LPM
  • Old versions not showing me engines to post to.

Solidseovps says their proxies are fine
    @Sven says his program is fine

guess i take vacations lol

• edited July 2014
    me to after 1 week I will be on vacation...
    @Sven do something pleaseeeeeeeee. I never asked you to do something but really we need good SER. 
    if you are telling that this error is because of our proxies so pm us good proxies to test. if it is like that so we have to change proxy providers. but buyproxies.org also says that it is bcs of SER. So image what we have to do!!! :( 
  • edited July 2014
    It's really impossible to do something when @Sven don't even know what to do. Maybe the problem is caused by something else, could be hardware, OS, SER settings, etc. I suggest we start gathering these data and maybe we can spot a pattern somewhere.

I'll start with mine. My setup is working fine (and I don't even need to be here...). I have very little or no SockError in my log file.

Hardware
    - GreenCloudVPS
    - US1 + 1 more Core CPU, 1Gb RAM, 15Gb SAS

OS
    - Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit)

Software
    - GSA SER
    - GSA CB

Submit to Platforms
    - Articles, Social Network, Wiki

Proxies
    - public scraped externally, for submissions only
    - 30 private (buyproxies.org) for PR checking, verification, and e-mail checking

List
    - SERList "red pill" + "blue pill"
    - scraped externally using scrapebox, then "identify and sort in"
    - SER not scraping Search Engines

SER Options

Good Luck, and I really hope you'll solve this problem soon...

• Software
    - GSA SER v8.78
    - GSA CB v2.66

• You guys are really giving @Sven a hard time, lol.

I currently have 100 proxy-n-vpn dedicated, 100 buyproxies dedicated, 30 buyproxies shared, 200 newipnow shared

If you want, Sven, you can test them out and find the issue, if it is with the proxy providers themselves.

proxy-n-vpn dedicated - least errors
    buyproxies dedicated - occasional errors
    buyproxies shared - can't go a few minutes without tons of errors
    newipnow - down half the time, but when they are up, no errors at all
  • Hi,

This is really worrying, I am new to GSA and I have been facing lot of issues. Couple of days back Yashar had sent me some proxies to test. I did the test and wow my LPM was impressive and I could get more than 100 link in just an hour.

Today after Yashar suggestions I did purchased buyproxy.org 10 semi dedicated proxy and tested proxies to be working fine. But when I started GSA alas the problem again, LPM seems to be 0.00 and I am getting continuously "Sock Error No host" or "Sock Error connection timedout", it is not working at all....

I have updated SER to 8.80 today, any issue with the SER as of now? How to resolve this...
  • Olve1954 , images are small, not able to see anything.