Skip to content

SockError: Connection Refused Error

Comments

• In the last 12 hours, I started getting the same message (connection refused). @Sven, you are saying, that this error means either a proxy issue or a server one.

I've tested two different sets of proxies, and they all produce almost 100% download failed. The only "verified" links are from blogspot blogs, and those links aren't even there.

However, these two sets of proxies work very well with SER on two different other machines, that I'm running. I'm using shared proxies from BuyProxies and I'm not going over my limit of IPs, so that's not the issue.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    So you say it works on other PCs, with our software or on other software?
  • I'm starting to see this all over again as well.   It was never gone but at least lately it was somewhat bareable. but now it's starting all over again with connection refused.
  • edited July 2014
    @Sven, again with SER. All I'm using is SER & CB, with separate license for each machine. 

So why would it run fine one one PC and not on another? Sounds to me like a setup problem on your network.
  • edited July 2014
    Ever since this issue with "download failed" appeared, some people were experiencing it, while others never did. I just happen to run a few instances at the same time, that is why I'm getting that type of results. 

If the problem was only in my network, I think there wouldn't be so many people in the forums with similar issues. 
  • edited July 2014
    I've prepared a 3k verified link list all alive checked with SB one our ago.
    I feed it to a single project (PR>=3...), with just 25 threads - go easy on proxies, 10 semiprivate buyproxies, CB and DBC on standalone pc, deticated for SER
    started log, stopped after completion.
    Results in log:
    1074 times, download failed
    747 times, SockError: Connection timed out
    0 submitted, 0 verified
    I'm also attaching stats that show this drop.

BTW, this drop is typical for all my projects.
    tested numerous times proxies with SER and SB, switched private off/on, worked with just public, cannot find a solution, SER is running 24/7, no production.
    I've stopped what I should be focusing at - my sites - and trying to debug SER.
    Quite a few other problems also, but not in this thread.
    Thanks
  • Have you tried changing your DNS provider? Try openNIC, I wouldn't use google dns. Also try experimenting with the 'Proxies should resolve domain to IP' and 'Try using Proxy-Keep-Alife (sp. Alive)' options in your proxy options.
  • The issue is predating v8.66 probably as far back v8.64 I believe from the threads
  • I've tried those options also Cherub, but it was no difference.

Are you using shared proxies Cherub, if so from who?  
  • Proxies from:

buyproxies (shared)
    proxynvpn (shared)
    fineproxy (probably shared)
    reverseproxies (probably shared)
    instantproxies (say dedicated, but probably shared)

• If I delete Target URL Cache and Delete Target URL History can help?
    I am new around here...
  • @idontknow, it will not help at all 
  • I have private proxies from buy proxies, same issues.

Almost always these issues can be resolved by backdating the .exe file by repacing it with a previous version. I just don't have one. Can someone post a 8.50-8.64 .exe file?
  • I'm with SEOMarketLeaders 

Sven can we get a link to an older version until this is resolved? I'm sure I had the issue with 8.64 not sure how further back it was when it worked fine. Was good before the recent last round of updates, back when there was a period with no changes. I reckon it was sometime in the middle of June looking at my stats when the issue was first occurring.
    Does this help at all?
  • Same problem....
  • having the same issue, have over 2k submitted and 1 verified link. have tried changing settings, proxies but cant seem to get anywhere. head is wrecked trying to sort this out. ahh well will keep on testing and see if i can get it fixed.
  • Someone please post a older version. I spent 3 hours combing the internet for one but no luck.
  • I never noticed that error until I upgraded to 8.71 today. I'm not using proxies to go through my verified list. Was seeing a lot of this error and LPM was low (28 - 30). I restored 8.70 and LPM is holding steady in the 150 range. I still see the error in the logs, but much less.
  • geez. i was having up to 1200 LPM for hours on end until version 8.64 now im stuck at 50-150
  • This is a problem with the new 8.71 version. I'm getting the same problems as others said, connection refused and my working proxies drop from 100 to 0 in just a few minutes.

And then I load previous (8.69) version of GSA, and it all works well (except that version makes my server bluescreen after a few hours).

Dealing with server crashes very few hours and getting over 100LpM is better than a stable server but no links being made because it incorrectly says all proxies are dead. But neither option is ideal.
  • I also faced this error (Download failed, Connection refused) in latest updates
    This issue is definitely from GSA side because I have installed v7.51 (best in my experience) now and guess what ? :-?
    No Errors of Downlaod failed (Connection refused) now

You guys can install some old versions from here
    Regards!

• Just as I was ready to give up trying to run SER efficiently, an optimization of my network (and updating to 8.71) resolved issues with
    1. proxies timeout errors
    2. email (gmail) timeout errors
    3. lost links submitting to instantlinkindexer
    4. DBC invalid captcha errors
    I have to note that before optimization, bandwidth, latency looked normal.
    FYI it's now been 2 full days running steady.
    Happy to see SER rolling.
  • same issue here.. tried two versions 8.63 and 8.71 I will try version 7.51 now to see what will happened 
  • yup sockerror is gone in version 8.71 and lpm doubled pretty much straight away
  • I have version 8.71 and i still have this problem with proxies errors "SockError: Connection reset by peer"
  • edited July 2014
    @sven I have contacted my proxies provider (i have 50 dedicated proxies) and they said that there should be no problems with the proxies and from what i see here people reporting having this issue with different proxies providers that i am using (that's why i am asking again to be 100% sure).

I am using proxies from solidseovps.com.

Can you please confirm that this is not a GSA SER bug, so i can show solidseovps.com support that comment here and so they can check on their side why i have this issue?
    well I used there proxies as well lately without issued.
  • blody hell just noticed i have made a mistake... socket error is gone in version 7.51 but still there for me in latest 8.71 version... sorry about that
  • 7.51 is still the best one for me