Skip to content

Google proxy block

Comments

• Just did a search for public proxy's in GSA SER, got 200 good proxy and then i aborted, waiting many hours to check all 200k would take to long time. 

So i am testing it now as we speak these 200 proxy's and no problems, its finding and posting backlinks now.
    But very slowly that is, my private proxy's were 10x times faster, at least.

So it has to be my private proxy's that are blocked, ill test out the private ones tomorrow.
    And see if ban is lifted , or if i should get new ones from the provider.

• Im getting the google block now also, and I have over 75 private proxies, been running gsa for over a year and this is the first time im noticing this.
  • google hates us all ]:->
    probably even for those specific footprints that are long and without advanced operators
  • edited July 2013
    Try to search for public proxy's and use them, that is working for me now.

Slow as f***ck but it works at least, this is a good enough solution for me until
    things get fixed somehow.

Or if the developer of GSA SER finds a clever fix :)

UPDATE:

Damn public proxy's sucks ass, getting 1 verified link pr minutt.
    Only going for PR2 and higher thought
  • i don't think that its related to just operators like "inurl:" anymore but google have blacklisted some footprints like "powered by wordpress" as well.

recently i was ask to enter a captcha when i was researching footprints with that basic "powered by wordpress" footprint only.
  • looks like our own 'creative' footprints need to be included in gsa... because too many users abusing google with the same footprints
  • Yep. It seems Google is getting even smarter.
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    Well, just dont use Google :)
  • @spunko2010 Do you mean you don't use the loved big G too? :D
  • I wanted to start using GSA SER again today and after just a few minutes at least 2 our of my 10 proxies were banned by Google, I didn't really find a solution on the board here, so is GSA SER useless for me right now? I wouldn't want to use public proxies because I did so in the past and it was very slow..
  • ok, just checked 4 proxies burned in about 3 minutes
  • donchinodonchino https://pbn.solutions
    Then replace google with some other engines.. there are tens of different ones...
  • Don't know why it takes you guys one month to notice that. This is what I posted on June 28th:

Also, I'm getting my proxies blocked pretty fast. I'm not sure if I'm right with this one, but I believe depending on the nature of your footprint and queries the block may happen faster.
    E.g. when just scraping for string such as blue widget or red widget review, the IP doesn't get the 302 block that fast.
    But when scraping for
    "powered by hurrdurr engine 3.2" "add your spammy comment" inurl:"display=all" -"comments are closed"
    the IP get's the block hammer way faster.
  • edited July 2013
    @Sven - Is google asking for a captcha when it doesn't like a query? I've noticed that happen sometimes lately when surfing and manually doing too many queries, too fast, etc. it's very random when it happens but if you push too hard with queries, it asks for a captcha to be solved. If so, can GSA forward these unexpected captcha requests to captcha breaker, etc. and avoid this ban?
  • @Mike - that's why I asked for sth similar here - https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/5272/software-for-unblocking-proxy#latest 

I think this type of captcha is only for systems like DBC
  • At this state i am only able to use public proxies, about 3k , my 50 private proxys are dead in the water.
    But things are so slow i could have done them by hand lol

I have two high hopes, GSA to improve the Captcha breaker, since its only managing 33%
    And somehow figure out a way around getting my proxies blocked faster  then i can get a new cup of coffee.

Not much we can do right now

• edited July 2013
    there are some workarounds for now...
    don't rely only on google
    edited July 2013
    Well seeing as there are 100+ posts on this now, maybe you can add some weight to my request to @Sven to add Google Captcha entry? It will solve it I think, and make GSA much better.

https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/4510/google-captcha-prompt-idea#latest
  • @bnaimy, @svoboda - did you find any solution for your problem, except using public proxies ? My proxies are burning faster than ever.
    I have 100 dedicated every monh and it seems OK. How many do you have?
  • @spunko2010 - I had 20 dedicated and now 20 semidedicated. However, I am using them only for 2 projects for contextual link building, no filters, no pr checking.

100 dedicated would be way too much for me at present moment.
    edited October 2013
    It is a lot of money but it generates more than that in income. Unless you are making less than say $500 a month from this, I'd recommend getting more.
  • @spunko2010 - I have read a lot of threads by users who use 10 - 20 private proxies and it works great for them. If I am not mistaken even @ron suggested that 10 proxies would be fine for the begining. I know you have at least 50 - 100 projects ongoing and in that case it makes sense I guess to have 100 proxies. However, till present day SER has only reduced my income because I am on learning mode and cannot do other tasks, but I hope to catch up later.
  • @spunko2010 - if I would be sure that those 100 proxies do not get burned as fast as previous time and I get LPM above 6 which is not much I could consider buying them.
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    @rayban - I started with 40 private proxies it was more than enough for at least 100 projects, now i use 100 proxies but you don't need to start with that many.
  • ronron SERLists.com

I would try to think of it in terms of the settings and search engine wait.

If you are running 200 threads, 5 search engines, 5 second search engine wait, and 10 proxies - good luck! Because you will be banned nonstop.

The more search engines you have, or the more search engine wait, or the less threads - all of these enable you to use less proxies successfully.

The key is to understand how each of these settings, including the number of proxies, work together to either help you or hurt you. So pay attention to all of these settings.

edited October 2013
    Has anyone ever tried loading up a banned proxy in Firefox/Chrome and going to Google and searching for something then entering the CAPTCHA code, does it get unbanned and enter a 'safe' list, or does it just get re-banned as quickly?

I#ll try it tonight as I've got FoxyProxy. If it works it may add more weight to getting Sven to implement my original suggestion :)
  • @ron My settings are very moderate and don't even come close to what you mentioned
    I even tried to use:
    - 20 threads;
    - html timeout 120 sec;
    - custom time between search engines 70 sec;
    - 20 semiprivate buyproxies proxies (tested for bing, google - ok);
    - 30 tested hotmail emails
    - 1 project that posts only to blogs, articles, document sharing and social bookmarks.

I restarted project 2 minutes ago and see a lot of proxy ban appearing for many SE engines. If they all drop out I will ask for refund and will use public proxies.

Anyway it is interesting that only GSA SER has problems with these proxies. Scrapebox is working like a charm.
    Will try to use SB for list building and SER only for posting.
  • P.S.
    I use 118 search engines.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    You can do whatever you wish, but semi-private proxies are 100X superior over public proxies. Trust me, it works for everyone else. You need to spend more time reading threads on settings. There are countless threads on this, but you have to search. You never mentioned how many links you are making for how many projects? I could care less about ban messages - if the links are being built, who cares.