Skip to content

My Proxies are leaking!

Comments

• @Sven I have been using GSA from Nov 2012 and have never received any complaints from my VPS. It has only been recently, that I got 2 complaints in this month. I updated GSA regularly. 

Being a developer, I can only suggest that you should check your recent changes to see if anything got changed unintentionally. 
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Well you never know when the thing that got added to that site have been discovered. It could as well be X days/week ago.
  • londonseolondonseo London, UK
    @sven - Just received the 3rd complaint today and ive sent u a PM with the message my ISP got!
    Strange, but will check that tomorrow.
  • Is this the https thing in the latest update?
    yes, should be fixed now.
    Anybody still getting the same problem because its still happening for me! Google is prompting me for captchas when i do a normal search.
  • I've switched over to a VPS after I saw my home IP showing up on StopForumSpam.  I haven't seen my IP from my VPS show up on StopForumSpam yet.  It's only been a week or 2 though.  

@londonseo . . . do you use a plugin like SEOQuake in your browser?  I know if I do a lot of searches with SEOQuake turned on for SERPs that it will eventually prompt Google to start asking me for captchas
  • 2 days was ok at 24 of May it started again ... version 5.92
  • No possibility to check it again Sven?
    @sven - the problem is still there because Google prompts for captchas with normal search.
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    edited June 2013
    I have all options checked for private proxies and Berman Hosting said today I was blacklisted. So, I am really not sure. I am even using proxies for SEI!

Literally only option I had checked was "skip for identification".
    @spunko2010 - what private proxies are you using?
    edited June 2013
    Proxy hub and few from BUyProxies, both apparently dedicated
  • edited June 2013
    @spunko: maybe your server is hacked?
    I think in reality Berman Hosting were just using that as an excuse. They probably had some downtime as I wasn't able to login to the server, which doesn't make sense to me if the IP was blacklisted why could I not log in? Strange
  • I have also recently recieved some abuse complaints. All my proxies are private ones via IPFreelyproxies and I have all the settig in GSA to use private proxies only.

Was doing a lot of trackback stuff and recieved 8 complaints in the last 2 weeks all showing my server IP. I have changed my DNS to googles servers today so will see if that makes a difference, but still a bit concerned as my host wants to lock out my Dedi if they get any more

Any ideas, or is this now fixed
    @sven - this problem has to do with SER and not the proxies because you can see that different proxy providers are being used.
    @londonseo please provide your setting backup and I will debug it here. I have checked this several times...nothing is leaked over here.
  • Weird As I just received another abuse report after running some forum posts and again they had my IP
  • Ran all my private proxies through these two testers http://www.iprivacytools.com/proxy-checker-anonymity-test/ and http://www.lagado.com/proxy-test Spoke to my proxy provider and he reckons not their end, must be the software

Does GSA use any browser to submit to sites at all?
    no of course not.
    I have received another report from Berman Hosting. Literally every option checked with Proxies.
    By the way I am not doing Forum posts, and only occasionally trackback on T3. I am using SN, Web2.0, Articles and Wikis for most.
  • I've been on Berman for three weeks now, with no leakage to date. That's about 60K verified links with just about every type of platform in the mix. I was getting leakage when I was running on my home PC.  I keep checking SFS for my IP every few days.  
    I think the problem is related to the worm/trojan I discussed in another thread that is probably using my server for spam. I will clear that out and then report back in a few days.
  • I have noticed same thing and posted here a while ago:

Problem seems to occur when verifying links in email accounts. At least that would be my guess.

edited June 2013
    @FatSteve I have checked the proxy options for checking emails too though... Would @Sven be open to checking this issue on my server directly ? I can give login details via PM.
  • Ok so now I am a victim. Been using GSA since September...ALWAYS use private proxies nd never an issue...now in the last 5 days my ISP is shutting me down as they are finding websites sending traffic or ro much use from my ISP. This is from my laptop which runs GSA. All boxes are checked for ip's

There has got to be something for us all coming down with spam issues when this has not happend before. I will monitor close and have to stop using the software until this can be fixed....
  • spunko2010  i'm having the same issues with Berman Hosting. I think they're using this to make extra money as they charge $10 to change IP's. After I was blacklisted the first time, i couldn't connect to my VPS so they changed my IP free of charged. I stopped using SER on that server and left it; few days later my ip was blacklisted again and I couldn't connect.