Skip to content

My Proxies are leaking!

1235»

Comments

• spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    edited June 2013
    Yes, I think it's Berman's own problems and we should stop blaming Sven. This evening I cannot even login to their website it just freezes over.

Didnt realise they charged $10 to change IPs.... Any other companies we can try?

They gave me a new IP about 4 hours ago, I only ran SEO Indexer on it to submit backlog of addresses, didnt even open SER. Now it's not working....
  • edited June 2013
    You got me worried now. Also on Berman, had no problems so far....
    Well I have been with Berman for 3 months and only recently have I had problems. Whereas I saw other people have loads of problems..

Anyway it's all working now, although my server seems to reboot 2-3 times a day but that's the only issue.
  • edited June 2013
    This ip proxy leak prob has been going on since August 2012 for me. What's blowing my mind is why it took so long for others (to notice or get slapped by their ISP or vps providers)
    I've used different pc's, vps, private proxies, makes no difference- ip gets through and eventually exposed somehow
    Mike have you given Sven your login details?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    No, hardly anyone gave me something to work/debug with :(
  • edited June 2013
    At my request Sven added the " stop all projects if proxies not working" option.
    I thought that would do the trick to solve this -but obviously not based on this threads continuing posts

IMO I'm pretty certain this happens to every user whether they know it or not -Sven doesn't need my login details.
  • I was out of action with Berman for over 24 hours yesterday/today. The reason they gave was:

Our server lost connection to the open network due to DDoS attacks. We are resolving the problem at the moment. Your machine will be online shortly. 

My IP address was eventually changed and the VPS was moved to another server. I have two servers with them but will seriously consider spreading the risk.
  • I've been running on Berman for the last 3 weeks, with no down time what so ever.  Problem must be isolated to specific servers.
  • Also, just checked StopForumSpam, and my IP is NOT listed on their site.
    Have all those people who are having this problem run a virus scan? Maybe it's just my case but Berman told me today my server was sending out loads of EMAIL spam , I thought they meant trackback spam or something from GSA. But I removed 8 viruses/trojans from my server and touch wood the problem has gone...
  • londonseolondonseo London, UK
    @EVERYONE - Sven just pointed out to me that i had to RIGHT-CLICK on the list of proxies in SER and select the option "Toggle Private/Public" to mark the proxies as PRIVATE.

Ever since i have had SER i have never ever seen that option let alone use it. So anyone that hasnt already done so needs to do it ASAP :-)
  • I just checked mine, and they all have an "X" under the private column . . . I don't think I ever toggled that.
  • ronron SERLists.com

I don't see how that changes anything. I only use private proxies and I have all the boxes marked as private proxies.

When I click 'toggle private/public' I do not see anything change on any screen. So I am not sure this even does anything unless you use both types of proxies.  

@ron - scroll to the right and u will see that they are marked with an X
  • ronron SERLists.com

I'll be damned. It was off my screen to the right and never even knew that field was there.

Good call mate!

@ron - Yes! And i bet most people dont have that selected :-)

Well it is checked when you import proxies that have a login/password. Than it is assumed it is a private proxy. Else you have to make sure that flag is set.

This would also explain why people got there "proxy leaked" in previous versions. Let me explain...

Setups:

• You set it to use private proxies for submission (unchecked public)
    • You however have no proxy marked as private (forgot that maybe)

Old version behavior (v6.08 and older):

It tries to get a private proxy from the list, fails as nothing is there. Than it still tried to download without proxy.

New version behaviour (v6.09 and newer)

It tries to get a private proxy from the list, fails as nothing is there. Than it doesn't even start downloading to not "expose your real IP".

I hope that makes sense now. In the end it was my fault not to point out that you have to set proxies to private/public in the proxy listing. But if setup correctly, nothing was ever exposed and all worked before.

• Is anyone actually using transparent proxies today?

I think even shared ones supposed to be anonymous making that setting technically mute or should be enabled by default leaving some sort of error message if communication/anonymity fails. Not sure about public ones though.

Just my thoughts.

TRANS means not "not anonymous", it simply means that these proxies work with CONNECT over http.
    I cant fidn this option. Can anyone be so kind to make a screenshot please?
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @sven - I think it might help if the private proxy column was moved more to the left. Currently on my screen it's far on the left and I have to scroll to see it. So maybe new users don't see it and then they don't set this. Just an idea. 
    @spunko2010 - RIGHT-CLICK on the list of proxies in SER and select the option "Toggle Private/Public" to mark the proxies as PRIVATE and you need to scroll to the right to see the changes or open up the proxy window in FULL view.
    @londonseo thanks, they were already set to Private although I had updated to 6.10 before checking.
  • Well, just letting you know that after checking proxies as "private" I have gotten new fresh IP for my box and so far 2 hours into submission I can still access "stopforumspams" and alike and I have 0 reports... means that it seems like proxy leak is fixed.

Found 0 entries for "XX.XX.XX.XX"