Skip to content

My Proxies are leaking!

londonseolondonseo London, UK
edited March 2013 in Need Help
I use 50 semi-dedicated proxies from buyproxies.org and since about a week i have noticed that Google keeps asking me for CAPTCHAs due to automated requests from my IP address and I have also received a SPAM complaint from my ISP on the 14th of March.

I contacted buyproxies support and they said there isnt a problem with the proxies because if not they wouuld have received a ton of complaints from the other users.

I cant seem to figure out what could be going wrong - any suggestions would be welcome

Thanks

Comments

• whats your proxy settings? post screenshots of 
    - options -> submissions
    - options -> submissions -> configure -> options
  • I love it how they gauge if their proxies are bad or not. "Are our customers complaining?"
  • ronron SERLists.com
    Make sure your proxy settings are ok. If you use an older version and then update ser, your proxy settings will change on the older version. My home IP made everybody's forum honeypot last week lol. Live and learn.  
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    I doubt they're "leaking" you probably aren't using them everywhere and some traffic is going through to your local IP.  You could get a cheap VPS and solve that spam complaint or figure out where the local traffic is going through.
  • londonseolondonseo London, UK
    @Brandon - I do use the proxies everywhere and i did say in my original post that when i try to search with Google normally with my ISP's IP it keeps prompting me for CAPTCHAs while SER is running!  This never used to happen before!
  • did you mark your proxies as private?
  • I also just got this same issue.

I went to check a forum and It said my IP was listed on the stop forum spam website.  I have proxies from byproxies and only using them with GSA. My proxies all test ok.

What gives?

• ronron SERLists.com
    All I can tell you is use your private proxies for everything. I only started having problems when I got cute and started unchecking stuff.
    How do i insert screenshots into posts without using the URL?
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    @dlovin123 you're not using proxies to scrape google so your main IP is being used to scrape for additional links.
  • That new chckbox "stop projects on no active proxies" will tell you if your proxies are leaking.
    Check it, let it run a while, if your projects actually stop then you know you are occasionally getting no active proxies for whatever reason. And this would explain why your ip previously slipped through.
    @Mike - "stop projects on no active proxies" has always been checked!
  • edited March 2013
    @londonseo. That option was added on 3-9-13, A few days before you got the spam complaint. Are you positive you updated and it was checked when it leaked your ip?

I ask this because I'm the one who asked Sven to add that feature. I had the same issues as you a month ago with the spam complaints from my ISP.
    Yes that option is checked and even today when i decided to run SER i started getting captchas in google when searching normally.
  • edited March 2013
    But since the option wasn't invented until 3-9 was it checked on 3-10,3-11, 3-12, 3-13 and 3-14 on your working copy of GSA SER??? Did you update right after the release on 3-9 and check it before the 14t? You stated you got the spam complaint on 3-14.

Sorry for the persistence, but this clarification is really important. Thanks.

Whether its checked right now is not going to help you with the captcha thing, your ip is already flagged and its too late.
    Yes i update SER regular and dont forget that everyday for the past week or so ive been getting captchas when i search with Google normally - this happened today and for the past few days! it only happens when SER is running - now it has been stopped for a few hours I dont get the captchas
  • About a month ago I got a VPS and moved everything there instead of my home PC. It was my only option because I couldn't take a chance losing my home Internet provider due to the spam warnings.
    You might want to consider this.
    I was planning to move back to my home pc since that new option to "stop processing if proxies not working" was implemented. Based on your input, I'll stay with the VPS for now.
    @sven - I have just received a 2nd complaint from my ISP so am not sure where the issue is!

Its between my Buyproxies semi-private proxies and my 2 copies of SER. Everything used to be fine before until a month ago when i got my first complaint.

I dont see why a VPS has to be the only option when everything was working fine before and i have already invested in 2 fibre optic connections at home.

What do you suggest?

Thanks
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Well what is the complain? Once you set everything up correctly, there should no real IP sent unless wanted.
  • edited April 2013
    Sven i dont know if u noticed I got warning also...

I always since i got my vps on bermanhosting, ALWAYS had proxies on everything and to stop when no proxy..ALWAYS.

30 proxies from proxyhub..all working. I ONLY use full private proxies.

Ive had vps for 3 weeks and yesterday got email from berminghosting, they got warnings for spam.
    I also noticed a few times when I would check links SErp osted too, my ip was blocked (spam thingy)

Berminghosting said they will have to move my vps to US server instead of EU due to this....
    thought you should know.
  • Think I may know the reason. but will need some screenshots and some more effort to make sure. anyone have this problem, please upload your screenshot of built-in SER proxy tester(you can erase the "host" and "port" columns)
  • Btw, sneaky bastards like Spamhaus also can pinpoint you using DNS data. If you're using default DNS settings - switch to some global DNS like Google's (8.8.8.8).
  • I'm planning to let SER run in our new office building, but can't risk to get banned from my provider due to spam complaints.

Therefore I hope this issue gets resolved very soon!
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I don't see any issue here. The proxies are used according to your settings.
    For everyone that is having this issue are y'all using private or semi-private proxies from buyproxies?
  • Maybe it's buyproxies
  • ronron SERLists.com

@londonseo - insert some images. Use the fourth icon from the right - you can insert a screenshot.

Been using buyproxies for 9 months with no issues. The only time I had an issue was when we all were learning about settings, and I had the box checked to disable bad proxies. Huge mistake!

Make sure that is not checked with private proxies. This should only be used with public proxies..

• i have "disable bad proxies" checked since SER has the option to stop all projects without working proxies. i recheck all proxies every 20 minutes, too.

yesterday i changed my DNS settings though because of the tip from Crownvic with (8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4). that doesn't hurt and you'll never know ;)
  • ronron SERLists.com
    Yeah I saw that post too. That was a pretty juicy tip from @Crownvic.