Skip to content

My results so far using - GSA + ACW, TBS,

Comments

• Rodol

Thanks for that. The ones I have made have an original article on the home page, and then 9 other pages of article builder on topic content to fill it out.

Did you find that it took a while for the sites to index? I used webs a lot about a year ago and never bumped into issues, so I though perhaps something had changed, but apparently not. The one I built about a week ago has an ezinearticle and a goarticle pointing at it (both of those are indexed), and yesterday I started to let rip with GSA and I have 1000 verified links - so we will see....
  • edited May 2013
    I just let the webs.com index naturally, they normally index pretty quick.

i just put 1 single article in the home page and let it index before building links.

i believe it took between 1-3 days to index naturally.

• Ok, they both just indexed (after a week!). It looks like the ezinearticles and goarticles did not cut, but 1000 verified GSA links yesterday did the trick - they indexed about an hour ago :-)

Interested to see how they will do, and I am building more today - strike while the irons hot....
  • @DarrenHaynes, keep us posted please!
  • InSaNe

Will do - least I can do after all the great info you have provided in this thread.

I am considering trying some blogspot blogs, I see a lot of them ranking at positions 9 and 10 in the serps since penguin. But, the blogspot team is a little too on it with spam, so I may just not go that route.
  • yes forget about blogspot, i have ranked some but they gone really fast, webs.com seems to be more stable.

but hey you never know.
  • @InSaNe ow well not to bad, let's just hope they rank the same after the update..
  • Yeh true..

I just had a few new ones pop up from last week.. so who the hell knows anymore lol

so it seems like the cycle is still working and never ending and a top spot has a high chance of achievement, the only variable is how often google strikes down.. for now if i create 4-5 a week, 2-3 of them will make it and survive for 1-3months - for what i'm doing, its worth it..

@DarrenHaynes cheers, looking forward to it all

• nice one @InSaNe - good work! I am following your lead right now and experimenting too
  • InSaNe

When use the GSA SEO Indexer for your verified links, do you use full indexer mode, quick indexer, or custom indexer?

I would like to use the full indexer, but it just takes too much time/bandwidth, so I go with the quick indexer, and of course I check the option for using sites that can only index deep links.
  • @InSaNe - What kind of content are you using on those sites and how many articles are you putting up? Do you write them yourself or do you outsouce? 

• does anyone know if or when article content writer is going to incoperate free word spinning? all auto content writer needs is a worddatabase...... and apprently there is a way to get tbs word database through the dll and if the auto content writer people just suffle the word around it would be legal as thebestspinner cannot copyright words....

• We may incorporate free word spinning in the future, I will certainly look at it, although I wouldn't like to pinch data from TBS.
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    edited May 2013
    @content32 rumour has it that one of the spinner companies doesn't check the membership is valid , i.e you can cancel one of them after free period and the spinner still works ;) I would never do this of course
  • spunko2010  thanks for the clue :D
  • !Damn... i got hit.

Webs trashed by new G update as well as other platforms i was testing.

Not sure what to make of it so far as there is no obvious pattern.

Just got knocked into bad positions for some keywords and hyperspace on others.

Looks like it comes down to backlinks anyway.

My private domains fared better with some kw's getting better and others pushed down only a little.

I look forward to this wave of pain passing :\
  • ronron SERLists.com

Yeah, I took hits on everything from weebly, bravesites, webs, wordpress, and regular domains. I did better overall on regular domains.

I don't think it really mattered. You either tripped the filters or you didn't depending on your linkbuilding. I still believe more links are in order. I upped the naked url % just to be safe(r).

• Just wondering, how do you guys check out if you've been 'hit'? just check on ahrefs for the amount of lost links or is there another way?

or do you just keep googling yourselves? lol

• ronron SERLists.com

Well rankings for sure. But ahrefs is very instructive on link velocity which is often more a culprit than google.

I spent a day looking at sites across a whole bunch of keywords, and it gave me a lot of ideas for fine-tuning. Well worth the time.

• You subscribe to ahrefs or majesticseo? Ahrefs at least is very limited on the number of queries allowed per day. Not very useful since my keywords are in the dozens.
  • @crownvic I guess it needs quite a lot of Adsense account for all your sites. Could you share with us how can you get these accounts and manage without being banned by Google?  Thanks in advance.
    @inSaNe I know i got hit as there was a -40% drop in traffic according to Analytics on 23rd May.
  • On the GSA forum some guys rankings have gone up as May 23. That should be one clue. My rankings, if they did get hit were only 3-5 positions down. But there already has been some bounce back in some.
    @ranknow I don't understand, you dropped 5 places on your keywords.. So this means you did get hit? I am not sure where this confusion is coming from. If you have multiple keywords and a majority of them dropped in rankings in 1 day then you did get hit. Surely?
  • did anyone noticed an increase of PageRank after a blast? have anyone arrived at a PR update, in february I think it was done..
  • I got hit badly. I'm pretty sure 80% of my sites are gone, yikes!
  • @InSaNe All churn and burn or drip feed tiered link building as well?
  • Google is removing a massive amount of spam links. 
  • That is an interesting statement rodol - how did you come to this understanding, and do you know or have an idea of what kinds of spam links they are going after?
  • @rodol where are you getting that info from?