Skip to content

My Proxies are leaking!

Comments

• Ozz Do you change the DNS settings in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts? Change the ip of localhost to 8.8.8.8?
  • edited May 2013
    Hey guys,

I'm having the same problem as OP. I received 2nd spam complaint today from my VPS(hostswind). I have attached the screenshot for my settings. I'm using 20 High Anon Private proxies from ProxyBlaze & 30 Semi-dedicated proxies from Buyproxies. I can't understand how the IP is leaked. Any help will be really appreciated.

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Do you use something else than that? Maybe SEO Indexer? Make sure you use proxies there as well than.
  • Thanks for your reply Sven. I do use a lot of other tools on VPS. But the complain I got is because of posting links from GSA. Here is the complaint my VPS provider forwarded me. I have removed some info:

Username: *****
    User Email: ***@hotmail.com 
    Interests: 
    User Signature:  [url=***][b:7c98868b7b]******[/b:7c98868b7b][/url]

I have verified these details in a GSA project. Let me know, if you need any more info.
    Sorry I have no idea why this would have "leaked". Did all your proxies work properly and not show the real IP in the header?
  • londonseolondonseo London, UK
    @sven - when was SEO Indexer updated to include proxies?
    2 versions back maybe.
    Ok! The proxy leak has been happening way before that and its still happening for me! I have 2 copies of SER on 2 laptops with 2 different ISPs and they both leak my real ip because when i search Google normally it prompts me for captchas.
    Did you turn proxies on for SEO Indexer?
  • edited May 2013
    @Sven all of them are private proxies and they work fine. 

Just wondering if you guys know a way to test the type(Elite, Anonymous, Transparent) of private proxies? Just want to make sure that the problem is not from my proxy provider's side.

I only just turned the proxy on for one of my copies of indexer 2 days ago
  • Simple answer mate. Are you using proxies for everything?; you should be, even with indexer.
    @lebanon - proxies are used everywhere
  • I've also had the same problem for a while now, also using buyproxies.org, and i use proxies for everything, submitting, verifying etc etc

Luckily my ISP don't seem to fussed, it's pretty simple to change my IP address, and i'm not bothered by google's captcha prompts when searching online, so never raised the issue with buyproxies.org
  • I posted a week or so back about berman hosting moving my vps from europe to usa due to the proxies leaking.

I use proxies for everything ALL the time.
    @sven - a few people have this problem! Is everyone that is getting this problem using buyproxies.org?
  • me = proxy-hub.com
  • @Sven, please confirm that the TRANS in the following screenshot stands for Transparent. If so, this is why sites are seeing right past the proxies and grabbing the real IP to generate abuse complaints with. I just got gutted by abuse complaints this past week, multiple servers blocked and the only thing I can see is that buyproxies.org is about 80% TRANS proxies and they're just feeding my server IPs directly to the target sites. I run proxies on everything. 

Also @Sven, if TRANS = transparent, please have an option to check "Disable All TRANS proxies" so we can just quit using these and getting complaints/shut downs. Cheers and thanks again for an amazing product/service!

Grind

TRANS means transparent but in a different context. These proxies are safe as they offer you to use a "CONNECT host:port" and than send whatever you want. There is no IP shown with this type of proxy. The only problematic one is a WEB type proxy. Thats the only one that could send your real IP in the header. Though private proxies should not do that.
  • @Sven, thanks for the explanation. So I went back in looking for WEB types that were also private and:

These are from buyproxies.org and 5/40 came back as WEB. Can anybody test their proxy-hub.com ones and see if any (or how many, as some collateral loss might be the standard) of their private proxies are coming back as WEB. Thanks.

Please note that a WEB type proxy doesn't have to be a problem. Usually they do not forward your real IP in the header.
    So if its not any of those things, what is causing the problem a few of us are having?
  • @Sven, I could forward you an abuse complaint that has all the header info if you want to take a look, it's all greek to me except it clearly labels my server IP as the offending party. If not, that's cool too, it's pretty clear at this point that it has nothing to do with GSA leaking info.
  • Im having issues with proxies too, the provider I use has always been under 1 second and also test successfully.

Today in GSA SER though, my proxies are running upwards of 3-4 seconds each and randomly 8-11 of them are marking as failed. If I rerun the test in GSA SER I get another set of 8-12 random proxies marked as not working.

However, I have ran the tests in Scrapebox and all of them come back as google passed and FAST each and every single run ( done about 20 runs to make sure ).

GSA is marking proxies as slow and as fail at random, but no other proxy checking tool is. 

Im on 5.84. I use private proxies, and I use them for everything, and I use no other tools on that server or use those proxies for anything else.

Havent had an issue until 5.83 and 5.84
    @grind yes please forward all you have and I debug on that special site. Also please include one screenshot of your proxy settings.
  • @grind I'm using buyproxies.org  & 11 of my proxies are showing as WEB 

@Sven I got 2 complaints from VPS provider. I posted a sample of one above. If you still need the complaint emails with all of the info, let me know. 

• OzzOzz
    edited May 2013
    i don't know if this info is of some use, but when i imported my proxies to the indexer some of the proxies were shown in a different format (trans only) than in SER (web mostly).

they are tested against different urls/strings in each tool ("bing" for indexer, "amazon" for SER).
  • @Sven, sent screenshot and abuse complaint attachment (unedited so hopefully that helps).

@anon13, I realized that I was using buyproxies.org myself and not proxy-hub, my mistake.
  • edited May 2013
    This is something that needs sorting put. maybe it's proxy provider. Please keep us posted :-bd
  • This is super simple to test, put up a simple php script on a server to echo out your IP, and perform a GET request on the page using each proxy. If you get back your IP, your proxy has leaked.

I wrote a little c# app last year that did this periodically (as proxies can 'go bad' occasionally it seems), to test various proxy providers. From what i remember, buyproxies was fine, but i haven't tested any recently.

If anyone wants to do the same heres the app:

class Program
        {
            private const string ProxyCheckerUrl = "http://domain.com/checker.php";
            private const string ProxyTextFile = @c:\path\to\textfile.txt;
            private const string ServerIP = "111.111.111.111";
            static void Main(string[] args)
            {
                var badProxies = new List<string>();

var proxies = System.IO.File.ReadAllLines(ProxyTextFile);

var wc = new System.Net.WebClient();

for (int i = 0; i > proxies.Length; i++)
                {

wc.Proxy = new System.Net.WebProxy(proxies[i]);

if (wc.DownloadString(ProxyCheckerUrl).Contains(ServerIP))
                    {
                        badProxies.Add(proxies[i]);
                    }

}

if (badProxies.Count > 0)
                {
                    Console.Write(string.Join(Environment.NewLine, badProxies));
                    //System.IO.File.WriteAllLines(@c:\path\to\badproxies.txt, badProxies.ToArray());
                }
            }
        }