Skip to content

What Type Of Backlinks Are Recommended Towards Tier 1 ?

Comments

• @ron - A bit off topic from GSA, but can you give me a quick overview of how you use KM. I have just purchased it but not sure about contextual links. 
    For your T1 do you add contextual links to your money site and also do you add a random contextual link as well. Or do you let GSA add the link at the end of the article?
    For T2 do you add any contextual links at all?
    Thanks

• Ron. so you are using scrapebox to get more niche related keywords? One more thing that you said in your earliest post that you are getting links for T 1 from only web 2.0,articles,social netowrk,wikis etc so don't you think that we get only a few contextual backlinks? Are you using your own list for this also? Sorry if you already answered these Q
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited February 2013

@micb11 - I just add one random contextual link and use only the token <a href="%url%">%anchor_text%</a>. In KM put the url token in the url column, and put the anchor token in the anchor column, and hit generate kontent. That's all there is to it. A spun article in spin syntax comes out of all that, and I just paste that stuff in the GSA fields. Look up the videos if you need help on that. s4ntos shows you exactly how to do it. The same process is applied to *all* tiers. When you duplicate projects for T2 and T3 etc, it's already in there so you don't need to do it again and again.

@shan - Use whatever tool will give you the best niche related keywords. There are hundreds out there.

I only use GSA to create links these days. Whether directly to my moneysite or in a tiered scheme. I couldn't do it better doing it in a different manner. I don't use lists. Lots of people get caught up with that. I don't. GSA is able to do the job for me as is.

• @ ron   If you are building links using directly to your money sites then did you notice any kind of dancing in serp? how old your sites are? Are you using this method on new sites means to say 1 month old ? what is your experience with new sites as per as ranking and sticking for a long time

• I am finding that some of my tier 1 end up being profiles even though they are Article sites and Social network sites. Is there a setting to avoid that for my tier 1? I just do not want to manually sort all my tier ones nor do I want to build tier 2 links to profiles. Any ideas what I might be missing?
  • are you sure you don't have some forums selected?
  • did you have checked the "put in URLs where it is clearly seen as spam"-option? thats needed to submit articles to wiki sites.
  • @Ozz, on what tier would you recommend that option to be selected? I'm too scared to tick it for Moneysite - tier2. :)
  • thats up to you. if you don't use forum profiles it will only be used for wikis. so if you wanted to post wiki articles to your moneysite anyway you can tick that option.
  • When adding URLS and Anchor Links, I use the "Add URL + Anchor text" option, and then I put the URL and then in the Anchor part I put the spintax of the keywords that are for that URL only.

Well, my point is, when I want to put in a token into an article (so it's randomly puts my link within the article instead of at the end) can I use: <a href="%url%">%anchor_text%</a> and it will put a URL and the keyword that I specified earlier in the URL + Anchor Link field? Or will it pick a random URL and random keyword for that URL?

I'll test it right now, but might as well shoot this out there in case someone has the quick answer. Thanks.
  • Is there a way to drip feed my links ? i got hit after building around
    500 links within 3 days and i saw in google that my site slap a few
    pages. I followed everything on teir 1. Any suggestion please
  • that's called google dance, you should wait, and if you want to drip feed use the Pause the project after option
  • Hi Rodol

So i continue to build links?

• edited February 2013
    i've seen that alot on my sites at the start (2 year ago) dance dance up and down after a while you should get a more or less stable rank (or you have to improve) i did alot of wrong that time .. like i bet alot of us at the begining ..  i pushed them up to #1 ranks and made some nice money but here and then after a google update if you dont have any buffer sites and are too aggressive you will lose your rank .. and so your earnings will go to 0 .. no place at google page one is like no traffic ,) that happend after pinguin and the following update to me i had lots of EMD (exact match domains) and stuff .. and now i recover slowly after 2 months hard work with alot of hand written web 2.0 (thanks to a thread here) and thanks to the great people here you know who you are (the guys who help out on this board and for sure sven) and SER for building tiers to all that sites and my money site ( which iam still not sure if its not better to not try to rank the moneysite domain it own too much and just use the "buffer" sites and their link juice... what do you think bout?)
  • @darman82 - Great info thanks for pointing that out!
  • @RobotDestruct
    You can use the macro %anchor_text% inside your articles or the way you do it <a href="%url%">%anchor_text%</a>. I personally use %anchor_text% and it extracts my urls with my predefined anchors from the URL field. Works very very well for me. Your formula should work aswell, and yes it will randomly choose a url from your url field but it will only use the anchors you have for that particular url not for all your urls. Its not completely randomly.
  • @Ron... Are you exporting the article from KM or just copying and pasting into each field? Also, could you elaborate a little more on the exact token you type into each column? Thanks very much for your help!
  • ronron SERLists.com

I am just copy/pasting the spintax into SER.

All you have to do on the front page of KM is paste %url% in the URL column and %anchor_text% in the Anchor Text column. It's that simple. I don't use any other tokens.

• Ron - If you are building links using directly to your money sites then did
    you notice any kind of dancing in serp? how old your sites are? Are you
    using this method on new sites means to say 1 month old ? what is your
    experience with new sites as per as ranking and sticking for a long time.
  • ronron SERLists.com

@shan - You have to build links to your website no matter how new it is. You can't just let it sit there!

New sites are the best ones to rank. No baggage and no previous mistakes. Just start with a soft drip and build up slowly. Pay attention to the serps.

They will almost always go up and up if you do it right, and they will stick. But you have to experiment and find your groove on new sites. They will only bounce around typically if you are going at them too heavily.

• edited February 2013
    How to drip feed links in GSA? where can i find this option and how to do it exactly if i want to drip feed around 10 -25 links per day?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    In each project under options. Check the box to pause after x submissions per day.
  • edited February 2013
    ok i did as 10  submission per day and also selected the per url option. i am doing correct? Also selected all the search engine without any other filters.

I suppose to get links from article,directory,social network,web 2.0 as tier 1 links.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    Skip directory. Remove per url - that is for tiered projects like T2 and T3 where you have multiple URL's.
  • @ron you said: "Tier 2 - The kitchen sink, which is basically the other platforms. I don't use trackbacks, pingback or referrer for these. If you plan on having a Third Tier, then include in Tier 2 (as a separate project) the same platforms as Tier 1."

just to confirm...

T1 you would use:
    articles (Wiki -> under articles)
    social network
    Web2.0

T2 you would use:
    blog comment
    directory
    document sharing
    forum
    guestbook
    image comment
    indexer
    microblog
    social bookmark
    video

not used in any tier:
    pingback
    trackbacks
    referrer

thank you for your help!!!
  • @ronlove what you are sharing here!!! and also want to clarify

you said this: "Tier 2 - The kitchen sink, which is basically the other platforms. I don't use trackbacks, pingback or referrer for these. If you plan on having a Third Tier, then include in Tier 2 (as a separate project) the same platforms as Tier 1.
    Tier 3 - If you do a Tier 3, then shoot the kitchen sink (above) to both Tier 2 projects." in one post

then you said this in another post: "If you have a tier 3, then separate tier 2 into two projects with contextual properties like tier 1, and the kitchen sink as the other project. Then tier 3 is the kitchen sink. Tier 3 then goes underneath the tier 2 contextual properties. Don't waste your time creating tiers under worthless links like the kitchen sink - they will never accumulate or store valiue - they are just links."

so should we build T3 to only the contextual T2, or both T2 (contextual and kitchen sink)?

you are the MAN!!! thanks in advanced for the help

• You need to understand what tiers links are first, TIERS are only CONTEXTUAL LINKS, that mean (wikis, social networks, web 2.0, articles)
    when ron talk about TIERS he talk about those platforms, Secondary Links or Kitchen sink are all the other stuff.

so now that you understand what Tiers are, you build Tier 1 to money site and (IF You Want) some secondary links or (kitchen sink) to Tier 1... then build Tier 2 and send everything else (kitchen sink) to this Tier.

This is a way to do it, there is not a golden rule, every niche is different and everyone do things in a different way like some people drip feed every tier, some just spam, some build tier 1 wait some days then build tier 2 wait some days then spam tier 2.... there are a lot of different ways.... you need to test and see what works for you.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited February 2013

The easiest way to do this is to create a straight line vertically down of just contextual projects. So call these for the sake of example T1,T2,T3, etc. In my example T1 is your first tier underneath your moneysite, your buffer layer if you will.

Then think of the kitchen sink, or garbage links, as anything other than articles, social network, or web 2.0. So essentially non-article type of links. I group wiki articles into the kitchen sink because I don't hold those in as high of esteem as the others - just to avoid confusion about 'article type links'. Let's refer to these projects as 'coming from the side', and let's call them T1A, T2A, T3A, etc. These feed link juice into your contextual projects. Since you can create as many of these as you want aimed at any contextual T1, T2 or T3 - they can also be called T1B, T1C, T2B, T2C, T3B, T3C, etc. 

You may also want to create a higher value project like 'high PR blog comments' and aim it straight at your moneysite. Let's call this Moneysite-High PR Blogs  

So it would look like this:

*MONEYSITE* <= Moneysite - High PR Blogs

^^

T1 <= T1A

<= T1B

<= T1C

^^

T2 <= T2A

^^

T3 <= T3A

In other words, if you don't 'pollute' the quality links in a project with garbage links, and you keep them separate, you can come from the side with all sorts of projects. It is limitless.

The main takeaway you should understand from all of this is to not waste linkjuice 'behind' crap links like forum profiles, trackbacks, blog comments, etc., etc. - in other words, don't waste linkjuice behind kitchen sink links. So do not aim T1B right at T1A. Aim it directly at T1. Aim T1C directly at T1, and so on.

If you want to set up a tier behind a kitchen sink just because you think it might help index those links, then fine. But don't be delusional and think you are creating an empire by putting projects of crap links behind crap links in a straight line. It is a waste of SER resources to do it that way.

This is as good as it gets from me. No more questions. You either get it or you don't. :)