Skip to content

A new Tool is born - GSA Proxy Scraper

Comments

• bangkokladbangkoklad online
    edited May 2015
    Just trying out this tool with GScraper and have to say I'm quite impressed :)
  • The version 1.02 fixed the issue, im running it right now. So far, amazing for the purpose im using it.
    Good job Sven, im a total fan of GSA ha :).
  • After 1h, my trial expired. Any idea why?
  • sysco32sysco32 Skopje
    It is indeed a very nice looking tool!
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    @Dikkill expired after one hour? Your sure it's not just the normal demo-popup?
  • sysco32sysco32 Skopje
    Do we know the limits more less of this tool?I mean i bumped the thread count up for port scanning first 5K,crash,than 2K,crash...1K is crash also.

Now running on 200 thread .
  • @sven No it's not, it says Demo Expired. I had the "crash" popup, the one you can select either continue running, close or restart.
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    That's odd, I was able to run at 500 threads without any issues (dedicated server)
  • andrzejekandrzejek Polska
    edited May 2015
    It depends where you are hosted, some network cards are bad for thousands of connections. I can run at 3k without problems, but to be effective 20k would be cool:)
  • sysco32sysco32 Skopje
    True,i tried now on a VPS which is not used that much.Now it is running 5K.
  • @sven or any others who might know, would the proxies scraped and harvested by this program, (maybe if filtered) be appropriate for reliably posting with GSA at high LPM & thread count? 

Would we be able to replace a reliance on semi dedicated or dedicated proxy service such as buyproxies and have good or better results using just GSA proxy scraper, with a much larger pool of proxies?

Or are these proxies best for scraping task only etc..
  • sysco32sysco32 Skopje
    They die quite fast as they are public proxies.Stay with private proxies,that is the best choice.For scraping is good.

@Pensive_Optimist well of course the aim of this tool is to get you access to proxies and hide your identity from people want to spy on you and your activities. But you have to understand that the tool is "just" finding public proxies. Many people might use the found proxies and I would say that private proxies are still more reliable in most cases.

• @sysco32 & @Sven, Thanks for the replies. I now see that this is a great tool to have in the arsenal for scraping.
  • Feature Request:

Export > All working > [Select Tags] - missing that
    will add this for sure
  • edited May 2015
    So I just downloaded the free trial.

It started scraping automatically without any effort on my part. Is this reccomended for searching for good private proxies, or do I have to change some settings?

I apologize but I am a bit of a n00b to proxies. I know what they do and how to use them....but finding them and the intrinsic details of how they work are not fully understood by me.

Is there a manual somewhere that can show me how to use these with GSA?

GSA is running slow now, and I suspect it's due to the fact that I'm using public proxies from the internal GSA scraper.

thanks

• And one more thing....One of the proxies was named "NSA: National Security Agency".....uhh, I'm not a rocket scientist, but I don't think we should be using those proxies for GSA?]

Not that web spam is illegal or anything....just don't want the government to know my money keywords.

@GSAguy123 the aim of it is to find proxies so it seems logical to me that it starts searching after start, You can however stop this any time and change settings.

That N*A thing is due to some files I found where suspicious proxies/ip ranges are shown. The tool just warns you. You can skip those proxies with filters of course. Everyone has to decide himself to use them or not.

A manual will follow shortly.

• My suggestions:
    - add blacklist range: e.g government
    - maybe stats most used porst in working proxy
    - easy manage default porst to proxy scan
    - add proxy ranges like in proxyfire
  • hi if i dun use this for scraping are the proxies good for solving recaptcha?
  • Add better view options e.g show only google enable proxy, twitter proxy or other custom and also export proxy by this selected filter
  • - Add custom sites to test maybe like a profiles?  Then test for what profile (custom page) test proxy.
    - Choose what default is tested

- add blacklist range: e.g government

already in. You have a special icon for this showing this as suspicious proxy/can be filtered as well

- maybe stats most used ports in working proxy

will add that on next update

- easy manage default porst to proxy scan

please explain

- add proxy ranges like in proxyfire:

you can import that already

• For ranges please make something like textarea.

For icon please make legend with description. The title when I hover the icon not always showing up.

I cann't import ranges like this
    123.223.234.6 123.223.238.6 #1024 hosts

123.223.242.101 123.223.246.101 #1024 hosts

easy manage default ports to proxy scan
    When I added my own ports they disappear after close the application. Maybe connect most used proxy ports stats with "manager", to easy add default ports to scan?

For ranges please make something like textarea.

added in next version

For icon please make legend with description. The title when I hover the icon not always showing up.

Manual should be available soon

I can't import ranges like this

already fixed in 1.04

easy manage default ports to proxy scan

next version allows you to load/save this

• Loving the new software Sven!

For the port scanning, would it be possible to use the scraped proxies from the main list to scan? Then have it randomize them?
  • Hey Sven,

Can I run this like CB and import the proxies into SER?

@mrlinks sure, just add a proxy provider in SER to import form file which Proxy Scraper creates.

@jjumpm2, something like that will come yes.

• Hey Sven,

I'm in, just purchased.  Looks great!  For the port scanner I am trying to use a proxy.  Seems there is no warning if the proxy isn't working.  I put a private proxy in there and changed the password to see if I'd get a warning and I didn't.  Just went through the list as normal.