Skip to content

♞♞♞ SEOSpartans Reliable Catch-all Emails ♞♞♞ Stop Worrying About Emails RIGHT NOW ♞♞♞ FREE Trial

Comments

• HinkysHinkys SEOSpartans.com - Catchalls for SER - 30 Day Free Trial
    rogerke
    PM sent.
  • steelbonesteelbone Outside of Boston
    anyone else getting a lot of these?

http://gyazo.com/f13be97c3f43f6b044adafd455b60696
    This is probably a case where SER received a list of messages from the server but some of them got deleted before it could have a chance to look at them.

For example:
    1. You have SER running on 2 different servers and both of them happen to be doing email verification at roughly the same time.
    2. They both received the list of messages and are going through that list trying to verify accounts.
    3. As server #1 goes through the list and verifies emails, it will tell the server to delete some of them if you're using delete messages on successful verification or delete messages if older than....
    4. Now server #2 is going through the list and tries to download some of those deleted messages (because they were still there when it received the list) but throws that error because in fact that message was in the meantime deleted and can't be downloaded.

As far as I understand how SER does email processing, this shouldn't happen when you're running only 1 server.

However, it is very possible if you're running multiple servers. Especially if you're not using time to wait between 2 logins.

If you're seeing this error, you should probably enable this option on all servers, the default 15min should be enough. Experiment with the values if you wish tho you should generally avoid setting this too high.
    thanks for the reply

would be nice if you sold a two option catchall email...right now its 1 or 3 emails

thanks
    Yeah, we should probably do something about that ;)
    my emails aren't working? Failing the email test in gsa ser...anyone else??

thanks
  • Yes same here. Its failing login on mine as well.
  • I'm getting constant fails using my catchall email.  The Dashboard section states "Loading catchall data, please wait..." and there's a constant circle just going around and around no matter how long you keep the window open (over 20 minutes waiting).  Not sure what's going on but needs a fix asap.  Also I sent an email through your support on seospartans but the email failed and got returned with a permanent error in my inbox.
  • same here - all fail!
    WOW this sucks...nothing all day..no update....
    looks like we wont be getting any update..time to move on
    Sorry guys, this happened just after I went offline and I've only now realized that there's a problem with the server.

I'm terribly sorry for this and am working on getting it back online ASAP.
    Thanks for the update!!!
    edited April 2015

There, the problem has been fixed and all catchalls should be working normally once again.
    one of my two is failing...pockmail one
    its ok now
    PM me and I'll check it
  • All of my emails are dead... 4 Maser Accounts... no response via PM or Support contact form
  • 1800+ GSA projects stopped.... not happy
  • bmanbman United States
    Same here. Already looking at other providers...
  • same issue here.  Problem is there is no consistency here, it'll work ok for a couple of days then take an entire day, 2 or 3 off.
    Our hosting provider is experiencing some network issues, we're waiting on them to fix it, hopefully asap. 
  • I'm up now, thanks
  • please pay someone overseas to check this stuff 2-3x a day and alert you via text or something. Service is excellent 95% of the time. We just want the consistency.
    @coneh34d
    We have a system in place with our hosting provider where the server is checked each minute and a support ticket is immediately opened on our behalf if the check fails.

The problem was that this time they attributed the downtime to some network issues they had internally and once that was resolved, they just assumed the server is back up and ignored the check and the ticket. (even tho it was still failing). 

-----

Anyway the service has been back up for some time now, I sincerely apologize for this and now I'm gonna go get angry at the hosting support.
  • still didn't get my cathcall email, already pay and email you, please setup my account

thanks
    @berubah
    Sent you a PM
  • catchallseocatchallseo www.catchallseo.com <- Disposable Emails NO MORE!

Some words from a Competitor

I guess this would be the first time a guy offering the same service posting in his competitor's thread with an urge to see his competitor retain his subscribers and gain more and more in future.

This kind of service really depends on certain unavoidable external and internal factors which could affects its performance anytime. The key is to handle such problem and manage it with responsibility in quick span of time as demonstrated by @hinkys till today. Sometimes even a highly configured dedicated server has to face problems receiving millions of emails at a time.. So we should first build a non-biased understanding approach before using it.

Personally I always advice my customers to opt for SEO Spartans and spread emails across the projects with both mine and SEO Spartan so in case even 1 email gets down, GSA would still be capable of using the other one without any interruption. Now I am planning to even spread my emails among multiple low end servers to avoid GSA SER project interruption. And I am sure @Hinkys would be pondering on it as well.

I appreciate @Hinkys to provide a service which literally demands an utter level of technical expertise and investment of time and money to keep things up to the mark.

Regards,
    Sabahat
    edited May 2015
    @sabahat
    Thank you for the kind words. :)

And I'm happy to see that you take care of your customers and present them with alternatives as well as tips that will improve their performance, and I'm ashamed to say that it's probably something you're doing far better than myself. 

On the other hand, while I don't know anything about the uptime of your catchalls and can't say much about that, we at SEOSpartans try really hard to provide a 100% uptime by having all kinds of systems in place like server monitoring linked directly to our hosting provider, system optimizations for incoming mail on such a large scale, etc.

But again like you said, sometimes you just can't do anything about it. And you need to keep the SER show going.

So indeed it is a good idea to spread your emails across multiple providers in case one goes down.

As far as our infrastructure goes, we had a silly notion while designing the system that 1 server will be enough (call it being lazy, not thinking far enough in the future or whatever). We've got the biggest most powerful server we could find which is optimized as hell but that still isn't a replacement for multiple servers.

Hence we need to rewrite pretty much all our code for it to be able to work with multiple servers. At that point any customer with more than 1 catchall would receive catchalls from different servers in his package for almost guaranteed 100% uptime.

Anyway, the point is that we're working on stability and uptime almost all the time and hopefully we well move to multiple servers soon enough which is going to benefit everyone. And hopefully you guys will too. Just make sure that you're prepared for it because managing many servers like this is no easy taks.

Anyway, even if all providers had their catchalls spread across multiple servers, it would still be a good idea to pick up packages from at least 2 different providers because only then can you get guaranteed 100% SER uptime.

So I completely agree with you, it's better for everyone when there's multiple providers all working towards getting their customers as smooth and painless SER experience as possible.

Again, thanks for spreading the love, I'll do my best to do the same in the future.

Regards,
    Hinkys
  • catchallseocatchallseo www.catchallseo.com <- Disposable Emails NO MORE!
    @Hinkys

I appreciate your hard work in this regard. At my end I have a low end dedicated server (8 cores and 16 GB ram) and 2 additional KVM VPS. My server lacks the coding which interacts with the server unlike yours. I m having to monitor it manually.

I am thinking of starting a catchall email hosting plan to dedicate VPS for each client. I don't how to proceed being too lazy lolz..

Wish you best of luck in every affair of your life.

Regards,
    Sabahat