It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I did a little test. I backed up a GSA SER project - 3564 submitted and a .static file of ~5800 lines, only ARTICLES.
I installed 7.51 and put the project on "Verify emails". It did went through all 832 emails (I used only 1 outlook email account) and found 1 verified backlink.
After that, I installed 9.44 and put the same initial project and again put the project on "Verify emails". The log:
19:43:39: [ ] Checking E-Mail *@outlook.com for links (3315 verifications waiting)...19:43:43: [ ] Parsing 20 E-Mails...19:43:51: [ ] E-Mails parsed with 100 URLs19:43:52: [ ] E-Mail Verification finished.
Besides the fact that this parsed 20 emails, I also didn't got that 1 verified backlink.
@Sven: maybe this helps you.. I don't know, I just thought to share it here.
I'm gonna revert back to 9.28 and do the same thing again.
P.S.: I forgot to mention:
- when I tested 7.51 after GSA SER verified my emails I put the project again on "Active" and I got ~300 new target urls which SER used to log in etc.
- when I tested 9.44 and put the project again on "Active" I got only 82 target urls.
Thats not really a good scenario to test things. If you use the same proect backup and do a verification, then it will not give you any link. Because
1) emails probably have been deleted after verification by first check
2) emails with a verification link will work just once. Opening it again will no longer work.
A better scenario would be if you do a test run with same project setup, make a backup and run it in the two versions the same way with same targets with one difference: Exchange the email used in it so both projects have a different one.
Well thats not the point really. The problem is to find the issue on your setup and the bug behind it. Thats why I suggested what I did some posts above. If you want to have it fixed, I need some details to work with. Or at least some project backup and a step-through to reproduce it.
Right now all I get are some strange complains with no proof behind it. Don't get me wrong, Im not saying there is no bug, just that for now all I debugged was fine. Nothing that a old version was able to post to where the new one would fail.
email verification is doing this:
1. login per account
2. get 100 emails, parse for urls and check which email belongs to what url-submission
2a this is done by the login/password used (if randomize is used as option)
2b or by the actual url used in the email (checked against url domain)
2c or by the sending email domain
3. it is extracting login details and other data according to the engine setup
4. it is opening the urls
5. adds the url to the queue to continue submission
6. deletes emails according to settings
Indeed it might be a problem on timeout settings. I will try to have a look to optimize this a bit.