Skip to content

Suggestions for Buying good dedicated Server?

Comments

• edited April 2014

The best for GSA for me is Bulletproofvps, I am running my Gsa there for more than 5 mnths now and no problems yet. 

Edit: This user was banned as he did self promotion for his VPS service. Should tell enough about that crap VPS.

• @Baldo12 and @Vineli Obviously you guys are shills for bulletproofvps...recent signup and your comments always about bulletproofvps.

I would stay away from services that use this type of practice.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    ^^Exactly dudes, we are on to you. Retire your identities. That stuff doesn't work here. Lol.
  • Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    @gooner my PC builds over 200k contextual verified links per day and that's without a server type chip, so what does that mean?
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    @tim89 - I have no idea what you are talking about
    I should have added: "While doing other things"

You don't need a dedicated server to build lots of links, a cheap decently spec VPS will suffice...
    Horses for courses.
  • 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited April 2014
    @Tim89, so between your PC and Server you're up to 400k contextual links per day now then? lol

• grax1grax1 Professional SEO, UK | White Label SEO Provider
    @Tim89 I use wizard package from solidseovps, run 36 projects, 6 go 24/7 and rest on scheduler 10 for 20 min, 400 threads, 30 priv proxies from buyproxies, CB only, 120 html timeout, using only list from serlists.com, no scraping with SER, VPS only for SER, - lags as shit, lpm is 38 right now, range from 35- to 38, and notice I use only site lists - fresh and good quality. Most projects don't have any filters at all. I think I could describe my VPS as 'cheap decently spec VPS' but again, I will probably try some dedi too
    edited April 2014
    @2Take2 I build around 250k contextual verified links per day on one of my machines yes, if you want the proof, I have posted a screeny of it somewhere on this forum, go find it.

On another install it is installed on a lower spec'd machine but none the less still produces around 50/100k contextuals depending on how many projects I'm running and on another machine I hit around 150k contextuals a day too, so cut things short, yes, I'm hitting over the 400k contextual links per day mark to answer your sarcastic question, get off your high horse matey.

@grax1 I'm reaching lpm's of 300-500 on my machines and I too use sitelists too, how many verifieds are you creating per day? 

what is it with this forum and e-penis's, by god, these doofuses release a sitelist selling business and think they know it all when they registered to this forum not only a year ago asking how to rank in google, I'm not going to reply to this thread after this as I not in the mood to take on 3 or 4 novices at once.
  • grax1grax1 Professional SEO, UK | White Label SEO Provider
    edited April 2014
    @Tim89 - so far 34808 for today with lpm 35-38 - I know it sucks...

What I meant with my previous post is that you said: " You don't need a dedicated server to build lots of links, a cheap decently spec VPS will suffice... "

and as you can see my set up isn't so bad, it's nothing big, but again, not the weakest either. And I'm not like guy with setting all projects for PR5 and above, avoid posting to subdomain sites, only .com tlds, bad words list active and wondering why I can't hit big lpm. I really have just a few filters on t1 since I don't care so much and my sites are rather quick buck projects, so for T1 I would use default bad words list, avoid posting to sites with just IP, and no .ru and .kr sites, that's all! and only contextuals. For T2 and T3 I don't use any filters at all, T2 is mostly not so spammy, but T3 are all engines expect videos and document sharing.

As said before 36 projects running, and lpm is a fucking joke! VPS is lagging, when SER is running I can forget doing anything on VPS and if I try I just see 'not responding' and that's it. And I'm using trusted VPS provider. I already contacted them, said that I'm running too many projects, but damn, it's only 36 and 30 are even on scheduler... Tim and other guys too, what do you think ?

So to sum up, I think saying "a cheap decently spec VPS will suffice" will lead people into thinking that they can grab VPS for 30 bucks, get 10 semi priv proxies and start blasting like a crazy with no problems.

@grax1 PM
    edited April 2014
    @tim89 - I don't know who joined a year ago asking how to rank on Google.
    @ron - Was on this forum from day one.
    As for me, you can see my screenshots plastered all over this forum and on our sales page (since you brought that up). If you get 200k on a VPS well done to you, because i sure as hell couldn't.
    edited April 2014
    @gooner well you're a novice and you don't know how to use SER, I know of quite a few people who use VPS and build over 200k links per day, these VPS aren't even that expensive, this is my point, just because you can't achieve something, does not make it impossible and therefore you shouldnt preach rubbish.

I did not point any fingers at anyone let alone @ron, I personally think the guy has provided a lot of free information to this forum, besides, he's not the one pushing bs around.

//peace out noob
  • Satans_ApprenticeSatans_Apprentice SERLists.com
    edited April 2014
    @Tim89: What is your point? That you are way smarter than everyone here? Does it matter that much to you that everyone knows how smart you are? When did this turn into a contest? 
    @tim89 - No one said it was impossible, i said dedi is better than VPS.
    You seem to want to argue with someone so i'll leave you to it.

I'm sure everyone has seen you spamming your indexing service across the forum and claiming @sven bumped your thread down. That speaks more about you than anything i could ever say.
  • Peace, Peace and Peace.

That would a newbie (me) loves to say to all of big guys here.

Please be happy everybody :)
    @idreesfarooq - Well said man, peace to everybody :)
    edited April 2014
    I know I said I would not reply to this thread but this is too easy.

@Satans_Apprentice this isn't a game show, there is no contest.

When I see information being spat out that isn't true I will express my opinion hence why I did, why encourage readers to purchase or invest into something that isn't needed and more expensive? This is why I said my piece and this is why I directed my opinions to @gooner because he is the person who said it, not you, why are you even getting yourself involved?

@gooner that was so predictable of you! To start picking at my business rather than me, considering that I, just belittled you infront of others, making you look like an utter retard, you decide to mock my service which isn't actually me... Mock it all you want.

Obviously a dedicated machine is better than a VPS but for running SER no, it isn't.. You can purchase a beefy VPS for a fraction of the price of a dedicated machine and run SER maxing it out.

I don't 'spam' my serivce quite the contrary, I simply give it to people that open threads that request an indexing service, dude get a grip.

I ask anyone to check my service thread, I'm not lying, what I say has some truth, the thread doesn't update.

I'm not attacking you personally, I'm simply disagreeing with what you're saying and you're simply retaliating like a man boy still going through puberty.
    Actually there is only one of us that has been throwing around insults and acting like a baby. That's clear for everyone to read.

A good dedi outperforms a VPS, that's really basic and obvious stuff. Put the same setup on a VPS and a dedi and the dedi will perform better.

I don't know where you get your information from. I get mine from testing SER across numerous VPS' and dedi's. If anyone has any doubts about which to get, my advice would be to test both for yourself and see which you prefer.

Like @idreesfarooq said, peace to all :)

• 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited April 2014
    @Tim89, Thanks for the breakdown of your daily stats, but I've got neither the inclination nor the time to trawl through the forum looking for some meaningless screen shots that could be made up of anything.

As for the rest of your post, it doesn't really merit a response, as it was all a bit daft really.
    @gooner I've only worked within the corporate field working with businesses that require OS image virtualisations for their employees, basically a hyperVM or Xen network, where users log in from their desktops and they are logged into a virtual profile, basically a V P S type system.

These technologies that exist that virtualise RAM, HDD, GRAPHICS and CPU are so good now that hardware is something of the past, virtualisation is just as good as actual entire boxes or "Dedis", I'm not sure where you're getting your information from pal but I would not continue to chat more utter rubbish.

I've not been very active on this forum as much as what I used to be and I have held my lip far too long reading some of your absolute BS you recommend to others, you may have some knowledge in regards to ranking a site but please, leave the things you don't have knowledge about to the people that do.

Yes, peace and love.
    edited April 2014
    @tim89 - So let's get this straight, if you rent an average VPS and an average dedi - The performance will be the same, is that what you are saying?

Really?

OK, well i wasted a lot of money proving that is not true. Damn, i should of just asked you!

edited April 2014
    @google What I'm saying is this, and you don't seem to realise:

If you purchase a VPS which has a decent spec for around $50/$60 a month it will be able to achieve the same as a dedicated server with the same type of hardware..

Bearing in mind, VPS systems don't provide massive amounts of storage.. Who cares? SER doesn't need massive amounts of storage..

If you pay $600 worth of expenses for running 3 dedicated servers per month (you did say you ditched 6 VPS for 3 Dedis didn't you?) to only run an install of SER on each server, that is a waste of a perfecty good dedicated server which is capable of possibly storing hundreds of websites.

This is what my first comment was about.. I'm using a i7 4770k machine which is building most probably more links than you in a day and you've just blatantly said that you can not get anything else better than a dedicated server for running SER...

Anyway, daddy has work tomorrow and I'm sure you've got some role playing world of Warcraft / league of legends to crack on with now so I'm off to bed.
    edited April 2014
    You could run hundreds of websites as you say, or a bunch of other tools as i do. You don't really get that option when your VPS is lagged out all the time.

If you want to refer a VPS to me i will happily pay for it and split test it against my server and publish the results on the forum and for our subscribers.

Send me a PM with your referral, i'm more than happy to be proved wrong. That's the reason i spend money testing.

Finally, i'm a bit old for computer games. I'll leave that to my kids.
    But i do have the luxury of working from home, so i might stay up and give league of legends a go on your recommendation. Thanks ;)

• ronron SERLists.com
    You guys probably don't know this, but I have 3 sisters, and I grew up in a middle of a food fight every day of my life. I would never wish 3 sisters on anyone, including my enemies.

When my Dad was on his deathbed, he kicked my sisters out of the room because they were once again fighting - this time over whether he was getting enough care from the hospice.

When they walked out the room, he looked at me and said that he was finally going "to get some peace and quiet". I will never forget that.

I want some peace and quiet. LOL.
  • How important is having a bulletproof IP when it comes to higher LPMs?
  • @nipester good proxies makes a "bulletproof" server useless.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited April 2014

^^I agree. I never had a problem as the proxies cover the issue.

But that one comment I made happened - Volume Drive said I was receiving too many data packets - what a load of crap.

That's like kicking somebody out of an "all you can eat buffet" because you went up and got four plates of food. Stay away from those idiots!

• steelbonesteelbone Outside of Boston
    @ron

Four plates of food my goodness...LMAO.....puff puff pass