Skip to content

Massive Rank Drops!

13»

Comments

• @manuboss blog comments, 3,000+ from same domain, from korea. don't see how that was useful having them sitting there with G having become aware of them. i am surprised that I ranked for so long, so well, with those in my profile. no worries though. lesson learned. check in with G regularly.

Still don't know if that is what made the difference though. I did it late last night and a few hours later a disavow made a difference? I find it hard to believe, unless it is automated and baked into the new Penguin platform. Then I guess it could be near real-time. 

Just happy to have survived Penguin this time around.
  • @viking I don't think that Disavow works that quick so being a betting man, I'd say it was the kw % issue and having 40k pages your crawl rate is probably pretty high, so easy to adjust things quickly. Rankings are going fking nuts at the moment from tiny changes, which is awesome to play around with and test.
  • viking it was the anchor dilution. disavow only helps for manual actions
  • beastmodebeastmode NYC
    edited October 2016
    PHP sites as in PHP info pages why wouldn't you use them? They pass link juice I use them all the time with and without custom engines and rank. Try doing a DA check and you will see.  I have had up to DA 80 with custom engines. PHP, Shortners, and indexers all pass link juice..a lot of people ignore those links but they are some of the best links to get juice and they are mostly do follow
  • There's nothing new here.
    Adopt or die.
  • 710fla710fla ★ #1 GSA SER VERIFIED LIST serpgrow.com
    @beastmode don't php info, URL shorteners, and indexers create their own page though? I use blog comments, trackbacks, guestbooks, and image comments because those pages are already indexed in Google

Do those links index in Google?

• Ditto on what 710fla is saying.  interested if you are getting url shortners or indexers indexed as well?
  • beastmodebeastmode NYC
    edited October 2016
    Google has never had problem indexing these type of pages, even though they are PHP info pages. The fact is PHP is all the content has been delivered to the browser or search engines after the content was compiled together on the server

Yes, 301 redirect URL shorteners Google will follow the URL to it's destination...Google loves 301 redirects because they are a permanent redirects

Also I run 2 indexing service in SER 1 drip deeps for 30 days the other indexes while building links.
    Plus I use SEO Quake to check  indexed links plus indexing kings and scapebox rapid indexer is very good to combine

Feed shark is good to index also it has for rss feed, blogs single URL's I use that for expired Tumblr domains and Ranker X links to get certain premium sites I want indexed fast.

• beastmodebeastmode NYC
    edited October 2016
    Indexers are a do follow link plus they do exactly what they say THEY INDEX other sites So hmmmm they index other sites but they won't index them self????  Think about that one

When using SER now your strategy has to change from how you used back then "CONTENT" now is a big thing  no more of that 75% unique spun content. I use a spinner that gets 100% Copyscape content every article that is one reason I don't get any drops.

Filtering for low OBL blog comments, Guest-books, Image comments from like 100 - 200 which you can get with SER. Use Scrapebox to filter for PR, DA, scrape for do folow, edu gov, etc. "Quality makes a BIG difference" Ser you can get quality low OBL links that rank hard. Then you don't need like 20,000 backlinks that is what is dropping your ranking.

Clean your identified and verified list 1 x per week. If you have a list service use your own identified list so you can scrape for edu, gov, do follow low OBL etc.

Authority stacking is what you want to do also it is based off a military strategy
    That is when you can use SER with a massive blast but that is when your site is stacked
    and randomly interlinked on some of the most top level sites on the planet.
    This strategy also leaves no footprints for Google to discover!